Price for heating home and water with gas based on this energieausweis?

13 posts in this topic

I am considering purchasing a house built in 1950 with the attached energiebedarfausweis. The property is 135sqm and also has a wood burning stove.

 

237*135=33.345kWa p/a. At 0.30ct kWa, that is 10.000€ a year. Is this the type of expenditure I should be expecting?

 

The ausweis has no information about the verbrauch. 

Screenshot_20220627-210226_Drive.jpg

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean kWh instead of kWa?

 

I presume the property is heated via gas, right? 

The price of gas was like 5-6 ct/kWh last time I checked ~1yr ago. Sure it must have gone up a lot by now.

Why do you write 0.30ct kWa?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The energy efficiency of this house is very bad.

You should (perhaps you must, not sure) improve it.

Without improvement, at 6ct/kWh, the yearly cost would be like:

237 kWh/yr/m2 * 135m2 * 6ct/kWh = 1920 €/yr

For a very big and very badly insulated house like this, this seems plausible.

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

62bad1678b972_Screenshot2022-06-28at12.0

26 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

Do you mean kWh instead of kWa?

 

I presume the property is heated via gas, right? 

The price of gas was like 5-6 ct/kWh last time I checked ~1yr ago. Sure it must have gone up a lot by now.

Why do you write 0.30ct kWa?

 

@Gambatte Yes, kWh. The house and water is heated via 2 separate gas boilers. They are both old and need replacing with a combi boiler. There is also a gas cooker + hob.

 

I should have written 30ct, not 0.30ct. I checked Check24 and current prices of 20 ct/kWa were returned (see attached)

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 12.00.56.png

 

237 kWh/yr/m2 * 135m2 * 20ct/kWh = 6399 €/yr (533 €/mth)

 

Also it seems gas prices will be rising significantly before winter: https://www.dw.com/en/germany-enters-phase-2-of-emergency-gas-plan-as-russia-slows-supply/a-62227530

Quote

Earlier on Thursday, Germany entered the second phase of its emergency gas plan, which would allow suppliers to pass on high costs to consumers, but only with the official approval of the Bundesnetzagentur.

 

 

 

22 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

The energy efficiency of this house is very bad.

You should (perhaps you must, not sure) improve it.

Without improvement, at 6ct/kWh, the yearly cost would be like:

237 kWh/yr/m2 * 135m2 * 6ct/kWh = 1920 €/yr

For a very big and very badly insulated house like this, this seems plausible.

 

It is worth noting this is a bedarf and not a verbrauch ausweis. I have read that they can differ significantly. I should ask the current owner how much they paid over the last few years to get an idea if the bedarf is accurate.

 

The plan is to hire someone (energieberater?) who can provide concrete steps we can take to improve the houses energy efficiency. e.g. insulate roof, insulate external walls, new combi boiler etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gambatte said:

Do you mean kWh instead of kWa?

 

I presume the property is heated via gas, right? 

The price of gas was like 5-6 ct/kWh last time I checked ~1yr ago. Sure it must have gone up a lot by now.

Why do you write 0.30ct kWa?

Many new gas tariffs are 0.20-0.30 ct per kWh. Usually plus significant increases in Grundpreis. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, emkay said:

Many new gas tariffs are 0.20-0.30 ct per kWh. Usually plus significant increases in Grundpreis. 

I think the confustion is that I should have written it either: 30ct or 0.30€.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Krieg said:

Ask the owner?

Yeah, probably the ideal answer. I can also ask her about her lifestyle. e.g. what temperature is the thermostat, how often the gas heating is running, how often does she use the stove, how often and how long does she shower etc. Or maybe just some values from her bills would suffice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, jamiegw said:

I think the confustion is that I should have written it either: 30ct or 0.30€.

It doesn’t really matter.

 

I agree that you could ask the owner what their normal usage was so that you can calculate better for yourself. I don’t quite know the criteria of energy efficiency ratings these days, though group G is poor/est. Hence the recommendations 1 & 2 that were listed. 
 

All the best.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you plan on insulating and replacing the system, none of it should matter much. So long as it is in your budget.

 

I recommend against asking strangers how long they shower.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

If you plan on insulating and replacing the system, none of it should matter much. So long as it is in your budget.

 

I recommend against asking strangers how long they shower.

Good advice on both counts.  Thanks, @fraufruit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now