Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

einburgerung in berlin

4 posts in this topic

i think  in berlin  the process is a little bit faster then other city or kreis ,, is that right?  i just heared about that 

There's no real evidence that this is the case (I guess you're comparing to where you are currently based). It differs wildly from Bezirk to Bezirk, so Pankow has a "bad" reputation whereas Neukölln is generally better. Anyway you need to apply where you are registered (angemeldet), you can't simply tour around the country hoping to get in a faster lane.

Big cities in general are overstrained with all these foreigners and their applications. It takes ages to make an appointment whereas in smaller cities the procedures are much quicker. For example, in Munich there is only one Führerscheinstelle for 1.5 million inhabitants.

That's too general Luke. In my Landkreis it took two years which is definitely at the slower end of the scale. I haven't read too many stories of it taking longer than this. We have just one place and I think 2 case workers for the whole Landkreis.