Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Einbürgerung related question

1 post in this topic

Hi Lovely people,

I am here with a complicated situation. I had been living in Potsdam since 2018 (in Germany since 2013). I tried to get an appointment to discuss einbürgerung in 2020 in Potsdam and got one in December 2021(due to corona and all the situations). But my job contract was finished then. The lady on my appointment gave me a list of documents to submit to start einbürgerung process. By this time I got a job in Munich starting in March 2022. I was living more or less in a hotel in Munich in March and April 2022. I submitted an application for einbürgerung in Potsdam on 3rd May 2022. The salary slips and job contract from the software company I work for were included in the application. By this time I had also found a WG in Munich from 1st May, but not mentioned in the application. I did not do the city registration in Munich yet as partly, to be honest, I was afraid. I thought that an anmeldung in Munich would make this einbürgerung process more complicated/longer or I might make a second wohnsitz type anmeldung in Munich. Again, I don't have much knowledge about second anmeldung. A few days ago, I received an acknowledgment of my application from Potsdam mentioning that any change in my life should be informed during the process of einbürgerung. I still have the wg and anmeldung in Potsdam and can somehow keep it for some more months if it makes the process easier. Still, I am also confused if I should make a second anmeldung in Munich. Or should I start the lengthy process from Munich? How?

Any suggestions concerning my present situation and next course of action would be more than appreciated. Waiting for your replies. My current nationality is Bangladeshi.

Thanks in advance,

Raju