Accommodation for Ukrainian mother and her kid with cancer

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

the Ukrainian family (mother, daughter 20y, and son 10y) staying in our guest room need new accommodation from mid August, as my family is coming. The son has advanced cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy in Schwabing Hospital. 

Their budget is ~1080€ Cold rent for a flat around 70-75m2 (I know I know, but that is what JobCenter stipulates). Even a temporary rental / Zwischenmiete would be ok.

Alternatively if someone has a guest room they could use that would be great too. 

I know it’s a long shot, but am trying all channels.

Best,

Sophie 

Maybe check whether at student dormitories some tenants will sublet their rooms during semester holidays?

Thanks Jeba for the idea. Will look into that, not sure the dorms would allow three people in a room and if it’s the best fit for a kid undergoing chemo, but definitely something to consider. Thanks :)

Hi Sophie,

I might have an extra room that I can rent for a month but I live in Olching and it’s close to the SBahn station Esting. Maybe this can help them until they find one on their own. 
My apartment is in the attic so the ceiling is angled. It’s about 55 square meter and fraglich renovated. 
How do you communicate with the family?

do they speak English? 
My kids usually stay with me once in while but they will go on a vacation with their mother and that is why I can only offer 1 month. 
let me know if this is an option. 
cheers