Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Einbürgerung process duration in Munich

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have made an application for Einbürgerung in Munich in December 2020 and have received an acknowledgement from my case worker that they have received my application in January 2021. Since then I have not heard back from them (not even asking me for further documents). I tried emailing them and calling them a couple of times but haven't received any response.

Does anyone know the current timeframe for the entire process at the moment?

I am contemplating if moving to Kreis München would expedite the process. What would you suggest?

P.S: My current citizenship is Indian.

It seems like they completely forgot about you. Can’t you go in person? They are open again.

@LukeSkywalker

Is KVR the right place to go? If yes, the one in Poccistr?

Can I just walk in without an appointment. I tried calling once asking if I could go to their office to find out the status. The lady mentioned that it’s not just possible to walk in for the Einbürgerung status enquiry. 

I would try at the  Poccistr  

I have had a few problem with the  zulassungs stelle, recently, I must inform you that since COVID 19, you need to make an electronic appointment before you go, maybe thats the same with the Poccistr  as well

thinking about it there is another place near the Ostbahnhof as well, maybe its closer for you

The appointment system was punctual when I went to Poccistr. Much better than back in the day when I had to find a place with the first letter of my last name, pull a ticket and wait for hours.

20 hours ago, sommer said:

I am contemplating if moving to Kreis München would expedite the process. What would you suggest?

My application in 2017 went through in 3 months, but I'm a bit confused by this comment quoted as it suggests that you don't live in Kreis München, but have applied here, in which case Poccistr or any of the Außenstellen in the city are not responsible for you (they could have sent you a mail to say that, but this is Germany!). You need to apply at the KVR for where you are living. So, if you live in Ismaning or Unterhaching for example, then you need to check out what to do on the Landkreis München website as they will have different offices to Kreis München.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

The appointment system was punctual when I went to Poccistr. Much better than back in the day when I had to find a place with the first letter of my last name, pull a ticket and wait for hours.

In 1993,  I was doing an internship in Munich and had to go to Poccistr. for an Aufenthaltstitel (green document). Also, waited for hours with mostly Eastern Europeans. When it was finally my turn, the lady at the desk said my work contract was outdated and it should be renewed, so the next day I was there again, same ordeal. I already knew then, I would never work for authorities. Smart people would stay in front of the door at 7 am and wait for the opening at 7:30, then run like hell to the ticket machine, elbows allowed.