Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

workshop for car repair and HU/AU

6 posts in this topic

Hello

My car needs to do HU/AU by 6/2022 and it has some problems need to be fixed. Is it possible to find a workshop that can check all the possible problems for HU/AU and then do it subsequently? Last time when I did HU/AU I had to fix something and did it again, leading to double cost. I live in the Ruhr area.

Best day for all

Giang

Recently I did Tuv check through ATU. First the Tuv checked and reported some minor issues, which was fixed by Atu, then further cleared with Tuv. 

6 hours ago, kstn said:

Is it possible to find a workshop that can check all the possible problems for HU/AU and then do it subsequently?

What you are looking is HU-Vorabcheck. Ask any workshop to do it. Should cost 0-60 euro to list the possible problem with the car. 

6 hours ago, kstn said:

Last time when I did HU/AU I had to fix something and did it again, leading to double cost. I live in the Ruhr area.

This should not have happened. After first HU, you should have gotten the list of defects. With those defects fixed, the subsequent HU should cost only 15-20 euro, with the one checking only the fixed  fault. Ofcourse you have to spend extra money to fix the problem. 

6 hours ago, kstn said:

Best day for all

Giang

I prefer to make sure everything is in order as far as I can tell, take the car for the TUeV, get any complaints from them, and have those specific ones addressed. Otherwise, a shop could (and in my experience definitely has) recommend unnecessary repairs.

There is no real way to ensure you get a fair assessment  of the car, I have had bad experience, in that the TUV say parts are failed when they are ok  at other TUV stations and by garages who do the TUV., and find stuff that does not need to be repaired.

I have found a garage that I currently trust and take it there, but sorry, you can always get screwed for the pleasure of having a car

3 hours ago, yesterday said:

There is no real way to ensure you get a fair assessment  of the car, I have had bad experience, in that the TUV say parts are failed when they are ok  at other TUV stations and by garages who do the TUV., and find stuff that does not need to be repaired.

I have found a garage that I currently trust and take it there, but sorry, you can always get screwed for the pleasure of having a car

I agree, but when TUeV give me a list of issues and I fix them (myself mostly), they pass me. The last one I did, they missed all the oil leaks and porous brake lines (that I found later, after getting my sticker), but told me to replace my turn signal and license plate bulbs. I am still fixing the other issues, but at least I got an easy TUeV sticker. and can do the rest in my own time. This is why I go to TUeV first, and definitely not to a workshop.

Of course, not everyone has enough confidence with cars, so I understand going to a workshop, but you can still go to TUeV, get the list, and then take it to a workshop. But, at least you have a slightly better feeling that the workshop and the inspector aren't in cahoots.