How to activate DKB Visa card?

12 posts in this topic

I've opened a girokonto at DKB, managed to log in on dkb.de but I can't activate my new Visa debit card. It says here in the letter that came with the card, in step nr 2 I should go to Service > Visa Debitkarte aktivieren but there is no such option on dkb.de! @DKB users: do you have this option on your dkb.de?

In Service menu, under "Konto und Karten" section I only see:

• Kontowechselservice
    Kontoauszug online
    Karten sperren
    Ersatzkarte bestellen
    Kreditkartenumsätze reklamieren
    Girokartenumsätze reklamieren
    Debitkartenumsätze reklamieren
    Scheck einreichen
    Konto kündigen
    Entgeltaufstellung anfordern
    Girokarte kündigen

On their website, it says you have to change the pin and set up visa secure.  If they don't give you that option on the website, try the app.

Wie aktiviere ich die Visa Debitkarte?

Melde dich dazu am besten in deinem Webbanking unter dkb.de an. Über eine Meldung in deinem Finanzstatus helfen wir dir, die notwendigen Schritte in nur 2 Minuten durchzuführen:

• Wunsch-PIN vergeben
  • Visa Secure einrichten

Yea, I saw this already, this message is contradictory, vague and not helpful at all.

" The best way to do this is to register in your web  banking  at dkb.de. "
No shit, I thought I have to send them a fax. Why do they even mention this as an online bank <facepalm>

" We will help you to carry out the necessary steps "
What? Why such basic operation sounds like it requires a customer assistance?

" via a message in your financial status: "
a "message"? in "financial status"? In the letter it clearly says it has to be done in "Service" section, not in "financial status".

"Set up Visa Secura"
It won't let me, one has to do it in their DKB app under Card Control section but on my app it says "No cards available"

So maybe try calling them?  If it helps, I had a problem paying with a new card a few years ago (not DKB) and was told by the bank that I must "activate" it by sticking it in an ATM and entering the pin.  I did and worked after that so maybe you can try that as well.

@PandaMunich what should I see on this NeueApp site? It always displays "Super, alle deine Visa Debitkarten sind aktiviert." even when I'm not logged in, it seems to be just a static page that displays only this text.

super.png

They even have this site indexed in Google, what the...? xD Something is royally screwed on DKB's side.
wtf.png.d5dc14234e762f6459ac6f7c44fb65c7

Ah well.

As far as I recall, the activation message was visible right away after I had logged into the DKB online banking, in the main window, i.e. in the "Finanzstatus":

628fc28247cd7_2022-05-2620_08_57-DKB-Deu

Which kind of is what is stated here, if you search for "Aktivierung" on the DKB web site: https://www.dkb.de/Suche?hiddenSubmit=&searchField=aktivieren&%24event=search

628fc199525a8_2022-05-2620_03_30-Sucherg

In English:

• How do I activate the Visa Debit Card?
    The best way to do this is to log in to your webbanking at dkb.de. A message in your financial status will help you to complete the necessary steps in just 2 minutes:

Assign your preferred PIN
    Set up Visa Secure

Good to know

The Visa debit card can only be activated by you in Banking, as you have to assign your personal PIN. Our customer service cannot do this for you.
    You can only activate your own cards in Banking, this is not possible for another person, e.g. your joint account holder.
    If you have a joint account, please make sure that you log in with your own access data.
    If you don't remember your banking details, see: What should I do if I have forgotten my banking password or cannot log in?

Well, I didn't get any activation message. Maybe they've changed the procedure for new clients.

But you don't happen to have any "Visa Debitkarte aktivieren" in Service section? According to the letter I've received with the card I should:

1. Melde dich in Banking an
2. Klicke auf die Meldung zur Aktivierung oder gehe auf dkb.de unter Service > Visa Debitkarte aktivieren
3. Vergif deine Wunsch-PIN

This is rather plain Deutsch, no other way to interpret it than to go to Services on dkb.de. But it's not there <_<
Not sure what the alternative "Klicke auf die Meldung zur Aktivierung" means exactly though.

1 hour ago, overdriven said:

Not sure what the alternative "Klicke auf die Meldung zur Aktivierung" means exactly though.

As far as I recall, the "Meldung" was a coloured button that appeared in the Finanzstatus, under the area with all the amounts.

This is an account that is only in your name?

Because for a joint account, according to the above DKB instructions:

• "You can only activate your own cards in Banking, this is not possible for another person, e.g. your joint account holder.
    If you have a joint account, please make sure that you log in with your own access data."

Update. Turns out DKB just needed some time after first login to open card activation.

Both dkb.de and DKB app were updated today with new options. As you said, a big coloured box appeared in Finanzstatus, also a new option in Services section called "Details Visa Debitkarte" and "Visa Debitkarte aktivieren", as expected.

dkb222.png