Driving from Munich to Rostock - Stops suggestion

3 posts in this topic

Hello Community,

We would be taking our first long road trip from Munich to Rostock in the coming weeks and I`m getting a bit overwhelmed by everything. We are a family of four with 2 kids (6 and 8 years, one has travel sickness which will get medication for travel) and a year old dog. As this is our first ever holiday as a family, the expectations are quite high and I would like to plan it as smooth as possible.

I am sure we are not the only ones who has taken this trip and would like to hear suggestions / opinions from anybody who were in the same situation and could share some tips from their experience.

Thanks!

We give our kids (7 & 5) our old tablets with hours of pre downloaded Netflix videos on them (each have headphones). We also pack plenty of snacks that won’t mess up the car too much and spill proof drink bottles. Oh, and bring some easily accessible spare kid clothes, paper towels, and something to clean up any unforeseen messes. There are plenty of rest stops along the way where you can stop to stretch your legs and go to the bathroom. There are also nice cities to stop in on that route. You should check out Google maps and plan to break up the trip with a nice meal somewhere on the way. Relax it’s going to be fine. We’ve been doing long road trips with our kids since they were born.

In 2019, my husband and I drove from Gotenburg, Sweden with our new car, and our route took us to Copenhagen, Rostock, Leipzig (a fabulous stop!), and back to our home in Wiesbaden.  We stopped in Leipzig because we were attending a Mark Knopfler concert, but it was a fabulous city, maybe four hours from Rostock.  That might be a good place to stop on the way, depending on how much time you have.