Football player earning 200k a day

29 posts in this topic

That's only 7 mil per year. Many sports people make much more and that doesn't even count the endorsements which are more than the salaries in many cases.

Fair or wrong? I don't know. Just is.

Some actors get 20 mil per film.

Ha ha! Typo on my calculator. Thanks.

Again, that's before endorsements.

Those salaries do price out most fans from attending the events. That part isn't fair.

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Those salaries do price out most fans from attending the events. That part isn't fair.

This is who owns PSG, Mbappes team the footballer referred to in the OP.

Nasser Al-Khelaifi - Wikipedia

Basically, Qatar owns the team.

If the players weren´t getting the money then the owners would be, this goes for any team.

The fans are always the first to suffer whether the team is rich or poor, successful or not.

This is where we're going wrong, we don't value people who actuall bring value to the world - engineers, scientists, dr's, nurses etc but seem to value with no real life skill that really can benefit the whole of mankind. The sad thing is who pays? Yes the club pays the wages but that money comes the fans, some of whom have very little disposable income and pay to view subscribers. As always the poor are getting fleeced to give a very small minority a good lifestyle.

I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem when a hard working business man is hit by the far left, while the far left doesn't attack football players.

11 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I don't have a problem with that. But I do have a problem when a hard working business man is hit by the far left, while the far left doesn't attack football players.

There are a lot of people who are not business people that work very hard, equally there are a lot of business that don't work hard, just cream the profit off.

3 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

Perhaps we could talk about 'getting paid' $xyz, not 'earning' $xyz😉

Good point, a lot get paid but don't earn their money. Airlinge pilots used to be paid a shed load for just flying around but when the aircraft developed a technical fault and was at risk of crashing, those pilots earned every penny.

44 minutes ago, French bean said:

This is where we're going wrong, we don't value people who actuall bring value to the world - engineers, scientists, dr's, nurses etc but seem to value with no real life skill that really can benefit the whole of mankind. The sad thing is who pays? Yes the club pays the wages but that money comes the fans, some of whom have very little disposable income and pay to view subscribers. As always the poor are getting fleeced to give a very small minority a good lifestyle.

That’s incorrect. There are thousand upon thousands of professional football players in Europe that would give a left finger for the salaries an average engineer commands, and that for fourty years instead of 15. Only the top of the top of get fantastic incomes. These comparisons are dangerous because they are designed to be populist but nevertheless compare Apple and oranges. A (more) appropriate comparison is not between doctor XY and C. Ronaldo, it’s rather between Ronaldo and Tim Cook.

How much do professional footballers get paid? Mean, median, mode?

Might be nice to retire at 34 with a few millions in the bank, especially because you then have plenty of time to see your physician about more operations on your knees and shoulders that were worked so hard for many years.

47 minutes ago, French bean said:

This is where we're going wrong, we don't value people who actuall bring value to the world - engineers, scientists, dr's, nurses etc but seem to value with no real life skill that really can benefit the whole of mankind.

Would you be happy to treble your taxes so that we could pay Doctors,nurses etc what they´re really worth?

6 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

here are thousand upon thousands of professional football players in Europe that would give a left finger for the salaries an average engineer commands, and that for fourty years instead of 15.

Gillingham the club I support was last year paying their best-paid player just over a grand a week.

45 minutes ago, French bean said:

The fans are free to support some other cheaper club and everyone is free to stop watching foolball if it's of no value to the world. 

8 minutes ago, Dembo said:

The fans are free to support some other cheaper club 

Someone is obviously not a football fan.

9 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

That’s incorrect. There are thousand upon thousands of professional football players in Europe that would give a left finger for the salaries an average engineer commands, and that for fourty years instead of 15. Only the top of the top of get fantastic incomes. These comparisons are dangerous because they are designed to be populist but nevertheless compare Apple and oranges. A (more) appropriate comparison is not between doctor XY and C. Ronaldo, it’s rather between Ronaldo and Tim Cook.

Good point, I totally forgot the guys in the Conference League on 20k a year.

11 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Would you be happy to treble your taxes so that we could pay Doctors,nurses etc what they´re really worth

That's always the argument and one I used recently when someone said carers should be paid more, I asked him if he were prepared to pay more.  I actually believe taxation gives good value for money if you look what it pays for and how much an individual would have to pay if they were to finance it themselves. Perhaps some of MikeMelga's hard working businessmen might like to contribute more in taxation and less into accountants pockets or has been mooted for so long and fiercely resisted a 1% transaction tax on every stock market transaction.

That is too much money. But legaly earned.

3 minutes ago, French bean said:

That's always the argument and one I used recently when someone said carers should be paid more, I asked him if he were prepared to pay more.  I actually believe taxation gives good value for money if you look what it pays for and how much an individual would have to pay if they were to finance it themselves. Perhaps some of MikeMelga's hard working businessmen might like to contribute more in taxation and less into accountants pockets or has been mooted for so long and fiercely resisted a 1% transaction tax on every stock market transaction.

...on every transaction over "X" amount, otherwise with the 1% and the capital gain tax and the income tax, a small investor simply wont have any reason to invest.

1 hour ago, French bean said:

Perhaps some of MikeMelga's hard working businessmen might like to contribute more in taxation and less into accountants pockets or has been mooted for so long and fiercely resisted a 1% transaction tax on every stock market transaction.

You really want to go that path? More taxation in business? >30% corporate tax, plus if you want to get money, the remaining profit has to pay AGAIN income tax and social security! A business owner will see much less than 50% of what the business profited! Then as a private person you pay 19% VAT on most stuff!

Add all those together and you end up with 30% of what you earned!

How about making more with the taxes already collected??

My football career ended when I was about 12. After the school dinner ( pease pudding😡), out to the school playing field, jackets cast aside except for the two serving as goal posts for the opposing side... I missed a sitter. No Jimmy Greaves- style hanging around the goal- just an absolute sitter.

So I gave up my pretensions of scoring for England in a World Cup final. I dreamed of working in a bank and earning 12 pounds a week😂

That didn't come to pass, thank God! 😂

Silly money around top class football these days but that's life. If people want top class professionals to watch- fine. A top class professional can excite and inspire young people to be just like them.

I still, however , really admire players who remain loyal to their roots and their home team.

An old-fashioned view, maybe, but maybe I'm just old- fashioned in that regard.

( Shame that my home team has no money nor class players!😂🙁).