9€ Transit Ticket: where are you going?

370 posts in this topic

We have yet to get the 9 euro ticket! Haven't been ANYWHERE. These kids...

 

To be fair we travel around the Frankfurt area on bikes, so we're not REALLY stuck.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went from Munich to Bremen over the course of several days.  I would not recommend during the weekends, otherwise not a big problem.  We wimped out at the end and took the ICE from Fulda back to Munich on the last day to avoid the unwashed masses, 3 transfers, and 3 extra hours traveling. 

 

YMMV. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, CincyInDE said:

Went from Munich to Bremen over the course of several days.

 

Definitely the way to do it :lol:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took the ice up to Hamburg for a 3 day city break.  Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Took the ice up to Hamburg for a 3 day city break.  Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

Do you know why Deutschland is Exportweltmeister? Because people are smart enough to entziffer/decipher ticket prices in strange towns, thus they are smart enough to dream up clever machines.

 

But perhaps simpler travel releases brain power for other purposes.

 

Soon we can see how many tickets for June are sold, I shall certainly get one😃

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday, I went to Strandbad Feldafing at Starnberger See. Nice and quiet. The crowd gets out at stop Starnberg.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Soon we can see how many tickets for June are sold, I shall certainly get one😃

Bit late aren't you, there are only 3 days left in June. ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Took the ice up to Hamburg for a 3 day city break.  Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

Thought you couldn´t use the €9 on ICE ?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keleth said:

Thought you couldn´t use the €9 on ICE ?

 

 

I think regional transport is meant...

 

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

 

I think regional transport is meant...

 

 

Ah ok.

Planning on going to Bodensee in a few weeks and thought if we could use ICE now it would be even better.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Keleth said:

Thought you couldn´t use the €9 on ICE ?

 

You can't but my wife booked the ICE using her DB bonus points so we got it free anyway.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Keleth said:

Planning on going to Bodensee in a few weeks and thought if we could use ICE now it would be even better.

9 Euro ticket is valid on the IC route that doubles as an RE on the  Stuttgart-Singen-Konstanz line, if that helps you at all.

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, snowingagain said:

9 Euro ticket is valid on the IC route that doubles as an RE on the  Stuttgart-Singen-Konstanz line, if that helps you at all.

 

 

Yes it does thanks.

I was going  to buy the €9 card and the wife would be using her behindertenausweis.

But now according to DB we can go from here to Stuttgart then to Friedrichshafen with only changing at Stuttgart rather than a 1 hour bus ride to start it off followed by a train that stops at 8 stops on the way compared to just 1 with the €9 then it´s worth buying the wife a €9 ticket instead of using her ausweis.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keleth said:

Yes it does thanks.

I was going  to buy the €9 card and the wife would be using her behindertenausweis.

But now according to DB we can go from here to Stuttgart then to Friedrichshafen with only changing at Stuttgart rather than a 1 hour bus ride to start it off followed by a train that stops at 8 stops on the way compared to just 1 with the €9 then it´s worth buying the wife a €9 ticket instead of using her ausweis.

 

I had a thought of taking that train through Ulm down to Friedrichshafen, then with the ferrry to Konstanz (not included obviously), then RB train to Singen and the RE/IC Gäubahn train back here. It'd be a good day out.

In practice I haven't been further than Stuttgart Zone 2 so far.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to visit a village by bus today, checked the times before leaving. Bus did not turn up. Got the next bus back to the train station and comfortable train home.

Trip only cost €1,29 (7th trip this month). And wasted time, say €20 an hour: €60. 

 

The bus drivers commit many traffic offences too😕

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, travelled on a National Express coach whilst back in UK recently and it was terrifying. Dude was peeved with the tiny car in front and was driving right up its exhaust. Awful.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Yup, travelled on a National Express coach whilst back in UK recently and it was terrifying. Dude was peeved with the tiny car in front and was driving right up its exhaust. Awful.

I had forgotten how awful drivers were to pedestrians and cyclists.  Cars crossing pavements to enter or exit supermarkets or petrol stations do not give way to pedestrians and will actually block them.  Tempted just to walk over their car bonnet to get by.  And wish I was wearing hefty boots.  But of course, being British, just grumbled discreetly.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dembo said:

I had a thought of taking that train through Ulm down to Friedrichshafen, then with the ferrry to Konstanz (not included obviously), then RB train to Singen and the RE/IC Gäubahn train back here. It'd be a good day out.

I think you mean the catamaran to Konstanz, which is a fun ride.  https://en.der-katamaran.de

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snowingagain said:

I had forgotten how awful drivers were to pedestrians and cyclists. 

Speaking as a non car user for almost 30 years of my adult life I found that cyclists are far and away the worst when it comes to pedestrians.

57 minutes ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I think you mean the catamaran to Konstanz, which is a fun ride.  https://en.der-katamaran.de

I find the catamaran is good if you want to get somewhere quickly but the ferry is a lot more relaxing if you´re not worried about time.

 

8 hours ago, Dembo said:

I had a thought of taking that train through Ulm down to Friedrichshafen, then with the ferrry to Konstanz (not included obviously), then RB train to Singen and the RE/IC Gäubahn train back here. It'd be a good day out.

This to me is the good thing about the €9 ticket.

You can just go somewhere, you can set out not knowing where you´re going and just spend the day going places you´d probably never dream of going otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

I think you mean the catamaran to Konstanz, which is a fun ride.  https://en.der-katamaran.de

Not being a salty sea dog type I couldn't tell you the difference. It's a thing that floats on the water, right? ;-)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now