9€ Transit Ticket: where are you going?

330 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Narjiz said:

Hahaha I loved the air conditioning set to 30 sentence. I can only speak for the SBahn and some regional bahnen in my area but fully agree. Especially with the heat in the Rhein main region i usually get to work sweaty despite showering beforehand. In the winter they heat the bahn a little too much as well and I end up with a sweaty face too with the ffp2 mask. 

From what you save in ticket costs you could easily buy a handheld fan: https://www.ebay.de/itm/275191086210?hash=item4012aabc82%3Ag%3AcPEAAOSwtrxiH3td&LH_ItemCondition=1000

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan to stay home for the first few days, there will be media reports of packed trains and chaos, people will be put off traveling, imagine if thousands of people are stranded at train stations in hot weather, they might then decide to stay home.

 

Then with a bit of luck I can travel on half-empty trains😉

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

I plan to stay home for the first few days, there will be media reports of packed trains and chaos, people will be put off traveling, imagine if thousands of people are stranded at train stations in hot weather, they might then decide to stay home.

 

Then with a bit of luck I can travel on half-empty trains😉

On a working weekday during term time, I doubt this.   Pfingsten, sure, I think there could be problems in some places.  The actual weekend, and here in BW (and Bayern) we get a 2 week school holiday.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not content with looking the gift horse in the mouth we now have harbingers of doom.

JFC It only costs €9,- for a month whether you use it only once or every day it is a super deal.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to collect my mother from the airport on Wednesday. Even using the 4 ticket discount it's €6.90 already there and back from here so I'll just buy a €9 ticket and might take a spin here or there to somewhere I wouldn't otherwise go. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, murphaph said:

I have to collect my mother from the airport on Wednesday. Even using the 4 ticket discount it's €6.90 already there and back from here so I'll just buy a €9 ticket and might take a spin here or there to somewhere I wouldn't otherwise go. 

 

Live wild and free, Phil!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting virtually free transport at the cost of more crowding is OK by me. After all, evennormally, at full cost, you can rarely be certain what you might have to put up with even off peak -  crowds of extremely loud, drunk football supporters, cancellation or Baustellen causing disruption and delays etc. etc.

Seize the moment! Pack a picnic and go!

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/25/2022, 2:00:29, kaffeemitmilch said:

Got it. Perdon.

 

Do you think the sneaky bastards might designate more RE trains as IC to prevent people from using them for free?

I apologize, you were a prophet: there are a bunch of REs operated by DB Fernverkehr for which 9 euro ticket is not valid, and you cannot filter those trains from your search. 

 

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

I apologize, you were a prophet: there are a bunch of REs operated by DB Fernverkehr for which 9 euro ticket is not valid, and you cannot filter those trains from your search. 

 

You may not be able to filter them from your search but looking at the prices in your search, you should see the 9€ options.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, that's what ours is doing - a wodge of journeys on one of my searches was 9€ and another (larger wodge) was 19,99€ - and those all included a bit of IC even though I'd filtered those out.

At least on my searches so far it has been very obvious.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

7 million (!!) tickets sold so far.

7 million and one.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

76 million including me have not bought tickets. Yet. I certainly plan to stay home this Pfingsten weekend.

 

The regime has dreamed up a Tankrabbatt to help poor motorists. Seems very complicated. An expert advised getting enough fuel to last 3-4 days, strange. I always filled right up to minimise visits to the fuel station.

 

My uncle Charlie did not worry about fuel prices, he simply always bought fuel to the value of $30, price never went up😉

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

My uncle Charlie did not worry about fuel prices, he simply always bought fuel to the value of $30, price never went up😉

I remember my Dad always buying £20 of petrol rather than filling up. I guess you don't notice your trips to the petrol station slowly increasing as much as you notice how much it costs when you're there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dembo said:

I remember my Dad always buying £20 of petrol rather than filling up. I guess you don't notice your trips to the petrol station slowly increasing as much as you notice how much it costs when you're there.

When I was a kid my dad always bought 10 bobs worth (10s = 50p) of petrol, but even as a student when I worked in a petrol station, it was still only 5s 2½d a gallon for 2 star and 5s10½d for 5 star. Course in those days one GBP would buy you about 10DM! Oh how the mighty fall!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a certain logic in not filling up. You're not dragging around multiple kilos in dead weight. I think it came from that and also in Ireland in the 80's at least, the cars were so shit you never knew if your car would make it to the end of the week. I never remember my parents taxing their cars for more than 3 months either! It was "too risky". I can't count the number of cars my mother especially got through during my childhood, at least 10 though.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now