9€ Transit Ticket: where are you going?

273 posts in this topic

We have yet to get the 9 euro ticket! Haven't been ANYWHERE. These kids...

To be fair we travel around the Frankfurt area on bikes, so we're not REALLY stuck.

Went from Munich to Bremen over the course of several days.  I would not recommend during the weekends, otherwise not a big problem.  We wimped out at the end and took the ICE from Fulda back to Munich on the last day to avoid the unwashed masses, 3 transfers, and 3 extra hours traveling. 

YMMV. 

Took the ice up to Hamburg for a 3 day city break.  Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

30 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Took the ice up to Hamburg for a 3 day city break.  Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

Do you know why Deutschland is Exportweltmeister? Because people are smart enough to entziffer/decipher ticket prices in strange towns, thus they are smart enough to dream up clever machines.

But perhaps simpler travel releases brain power for other purposes.

Soon we can see how many tickets for June are sold, I shall certainly get one😃

7 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Soon we can see how many tickets for June are sold, I shall certainly get one😃

Bit late aren't you, there are only 3 days left in June. ;)

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Thought you couldn´t use the €9 on ICE ?

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

I think regional transport is meant...

7 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Great not to have to worry about learning and buying tickets for the local public transport, the 9 euro ticket does all the business.:)

8 hours ago, Janx Spirit said:

I think regional transport is meant...

Ah ok.

Planning on going to Bodensee in a few weeks and thought if we could use ICE now it would be even better.

14 hours ago, Keleth said:

You can't but my wife booked the ICE using her DB bonus points so we got it free anyway.

6 hours ago, Keleth said:

Planning on going to Bodensee in a few weeks and thought if we could use ICE now it would be even better.

9 Euro ticket is valid on the IC route that doubles as an RE on the  Stuttgart-Singen-Konstanz line, if that helps you at all.

7 hours ago, snowingagain said:

9 Euro ticket is valid on the IC route that doubles as an RE on the  Stuttgart-Singen-Konstanz line, if that helps you at all.

Yes it does thanks.

I was going  to buy the €9 card and the wife would be using her behindertenausweis.

But now according to DB we can go from here to Stuttgart then to Friedrichshafen with only changing at Stuttgart rather than a 1 hour bus ride to start it off followed by a train that stops at 8 stops on the way compared to just 1 with the €9 then it´s worth buying the wife a €9 ticket instead of using her ausweis.