Post apparently held by zoll frankfurt

3 posts in this topic

Hi I was sent a new bank card by royal mail international end to end tracking. Posted on 6th May, left uk on 8th and then nothing. My bank now wants to cancel the card. royal mail say its being held by customs with nothing concrete to back this up. Apparently my private letter from my bank is to be opened. Deutsche post say they do not have my letter and its still in uk. Does anyone have any advice on how to find my letter.  Would contacting zoll at frankfurt airport do any good, if so does anyone have an email or address.  Thank you

DP / DHL and the Zoll are near on always a mess.  Contacting the Zoll directly will most like prove fruitless, short of having higher blood pressure for a few hours.

If the bank want to cancel the card, I'd say do that and ask them to send the new one via FedEx.  I have items sent to me from all over the world for my work and FedEx are by far one of the easiest to work with, especially in regards to the Zoll.  They will handle all the documentation after contacting you, pay any taxes and then send you a bill.  Stressless.

Aye, you will pay for this, but it will prove the easiest... if your bank allows.

My bank will only post to my uk contact address. I'll  look into fed ex. I reckon if it went via normal bog standard post I'd have had it by now. The first one sent was taken by someone within the post system uk and an attempt was made to use it.  It can be used until I activate it