Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Census 2022, surveys in person

11 posts in this topic

The census starts this month, random households are to be questioned, ALL property owners are to be asked for information.

I should like to read of any experiences. Does the government not already know enough about the 83m of us?

Well, during the last census of 2011 it turned out that Germany had 1.5 million less inhabitants than assumed. It proves that even German administration has pitfalls. It cost e.g. the city of Berlin €4,7 billion less budget for 2011-2021. All these foreigners who looked for adventure in Berlin never deregistered, I guess 👻.

Got my paperwork on Friday last week, it took about 20 minutes to fill in the online form, but that was only cos I needed to look up when the house was built and exactly what the floor area was.

I could have 'estimated' those values and been done in 5 minutes or so.

OH has to do the online census,  good to know that it can be done in a variety of languages.

Can one see somewhere what the questions are before logging in? I can't find a list of  the specific information required anywhere in case one needs to have any specific documents at hand for correct information. 

3 hours ago, Feierabend said:

OH has to do the online census,  good to know that it can be done in a variety of languages.

Can one see somewhere what the questions are before logging in? I can't find a list of  the specific information required anywhere in case one needs to have any specific documents at hand for correct information. 

https://www.zensus2022.de/DE/Wer-wird-befragt/Musterfragebogen_Haushaltebefragung/Fragebogen.html?nn=352818

3 hours ago, Feierabend said:

At the end of the survey, you have the option of downloading a copy of the completed survey, which I did.  Some of the questions appear to be based on answers from previous questions, so the results of the survey will vary depending on the type of building.  Most of the questions are multiple choice, but there are a few fill-in-the-blank.  In my case, we own a single-family house and here are the questions I answered:

Questions about the Building

1.  Is this the correct address?

2.  Which of the following statements applies to this address:

[This question identifies if the respondent is the owner, tenant, etc.]

3.  What kind of building is it?

[Such as residential, commercial, etc.]

4.  What is the total number of dwellings in the building?

[I suppose the question differentiates between single and multi-family buildings.]

5.  In what year was the building completed?

6.  What type of building is it?

[I chose "Detached single-family or multi-family house".]

7.  Who owns the building?

8.  What is the main type of heating in the building?

9.  What is the main energy source used to heat the building?

Questions about the dwelling

10.  As at 15 May 2022, for what purpose is the dwelling being used?

11.  As at 15 May 2022, how many people are living in the dwelling?

[We chose 2.]

12.  Occupant 1: Surname

13.  Occupant 1: First name

14.  Occupant 2: Surname

15.  Occupant 2: First name

16.  What is the floor area of the dwelling?

17.  How many rooms are there in the dwelling?

[Include only liveable space, not bathrooms, mechanical rooms, closets, etc.]

Other Building

18.  Do you own or manage other buildings with residential space at this address (e.g. rear building) for which you have not received an access code?

[The access code is in the letter from the census office.]

I received a letter from zensus2022 in my post box, and someone in person came to find me at my apartment. I was not at home at that time. What is this zensus2022? why I should give my personal information to them?

It‘s about counting people in a country: how many, how do they live, what work do they do, etc. Collection of data for planning and budgeting purpose. This is mandatory for people who receive a letter.   In 2011 I didn‘t receive a letter. Perhaps this year.