Inviting Parents in Germany

12 posts in this topic

Hello,

Me and my wife live in Germany and both have permanent jobs. My monthly net salary is around 4600€ and for my wife the monthly net salary is around 1800€. We would like to invite our parents (4 people), me and my wife's father and mother for 1 month to visit Germany and show them how beautiful Germany is.

I have few questions.
1. Can we apply for an invitation together because we both work?
2. Is our salary enough to invite them?
3. They also have their own finances. Do we need to show their finances (bank statement, etc.)? 

4. We live in a 72 m2 apartment. Is there any rule that this dosent work for 6 people for 1 month? 6 people including us.

5. Any insider tip would be useful.

1 hour ago, Santanu said:

1. Can we apply for an invitation together because we both work?

Yes you can invite together. Technically if they have sufficient finances, they can very well come here as a tourist without any invitation too. They just need to share their complete plan and show sufficient finances. 

2. Is our salary enough to invite them?

Yes

3. They also have their own finances. Do we need to show their finances (bank statement, etc.)? 

Not necessary but they might need to declare that they have assets and finance there. 

4. We live in a 72 m2 apartment. Is there any rule that this dosent work for 6 people for 1 month? 6 people including us.

This might be the issue if they (all. Four) come at same time. If they shift the travel it should be fine.

5. Any insider tip would be useful.

For travel health insurance, I will recommend to take the one from the German company here. It might be costlier compared to the insurance from an Indian companies but the claim (if arises) will be settled faster and cashless with the insurance from German company. 

With german health insurance, they may need to argue with immensely arrogant vfs staff, who thinks they have power over every applicants. 

I usually take two of them. One from india to avoid confusion at vfs torture centre and the second from ADAC . 

1. If you are talking about the official invitation (Verpflichtungserklärung), no, you can't combine income.  However your own salary is probably enough for all four of them.  Go with your wife to the appointment and bring her salary slips just in case she has to take over and invite one person.

2. Yes

3. No, the official invitation letter is about YOU talking financial responsibility.  If they need visa they can disclose their finances when they apply for it.

4. No

5.  When you make the appointment for the Verpflichtungserklärung you might have to book several slots.  Not sure if you need four but you might need at least two for the two families.  At least it is like that in Berlin, not sure in other places.

PS, once we invited 9 people at the same time (3 were kids) with financials a bit higher than yours, so I am sure you will have no problems.

Edit:. The fist answer you received is all wrong, ignore it

Does one need "invitation" at all for having short term visitors here?

Maybe yes. If so, I'm surprised.

OP doesn't say of which country these 4 are citizens of, but citizens of many (most?) countries can come and stay in Germany as tourists for 90 days.

Or am I getting something wrong?

10 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

Does one need "invitation" at all for having short term visitors here?

Maybe yes. If so, I'm surprised.

OP doesn't say of which country these 4 are citizens of, but citizens of many (most?) countries can come and stay in Germany as tourists for 90 days.

Or am I getting something wrong?

All depends on the nationality.  For some countries with no Visa required an informal invitation is enough (your host write it himself) or hotel bookings.  For other countries a formal invitation is needed if you want to go the invitation way.  Otherwise, due to the abysmal financial differences, they can't prove enough financial means.

The official invitation is actually a contract in which you take financial responsibility for everything during their stay.  For EVERYTHING. 

When I gave a Verpflichtungserklärung for an Iranian it wasn't enough to show my salary slip but I also had to pay a deposit  (I think of about 2000 DM at the time as there was no Euro yet). That was in Bavaria, maybe 25 years ago.  Maybe it differs between states?

3 hours ago, Gambatte said:

OP doesn't say of which country these 4 are citizens of, but citizens of many (most?) countries can come and stay in Germany as tourists for 90 days

Key missing info. 

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Key missing info. 

OP is from India. It is most likely 4 persons are coming from India.

20 hours ago, Santanu said:

Is our salary enough to invite them?

Yes. As per I know approx 600 euro per person is needed .
You will be responsible for upkeep of 6 persons for one month.

6 * 600 = 3600 euro ==> Your and yours wife net monthly salary in total is above it. You don't have to submit a deposit.