Zero Covid

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have been sent the latest Chinese idea for getting their Zero Covid policy to work. To make absolutely sure no one leaves their flat they have decided to put barbed wire on the staircase. This is a screenshot from the clip - it's a bit fuzzy but it gives you an idea of what they're doing. They've been using robot dogs and metal fences to keep people inside, but this is a step too far I would say...

Staircase.PNG.ca31f408cc19eaed1b82376572

OMG! that´s awful!

What on earth are the people supposed to do if a fire breaks out?!

Gee, I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.  with 1.4 billion people (divide it anyway you wish to arrive at # of households) there will not only be a barbed wire shortage, but a global steel shortage as well.

Well, Querdenker who have never been to China, will tell you "Germany is like China".

It all started with "there is no COVID":

14 hours ago, catjones said:

Gee, I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.  with 1.4 billion people (divide it anyway you wish to arrive at # of households) there will not only be a barbed wire shortage, but a global steel shortage as well.

Indeed, not only that but I have a distinct recollection of having seen that photo before when it was touted to be from Wuhan at the start of the covid pandemic!

At some point, I suppose China will come to the conclusion that their vaccines don't work. They probably already have but don't want to admit it even though it is obvious.

10 hours ago, fraufruit said:

At some point, I suppose China will come to the conclusion that their vaccines don't work. They probably already have but don't want to admit it even though it is obvious.

Other vaccines don't work either.  I know more people who are vaccinated and got 1 or 2 boosters and wore those stupid masks all the time and still got Corona.  Just a money making gimmick

7 hours ago, garyh911 said:

Other vaccines don't work either.  I know more people who are vaccinated and got 1 or 2 boosters and wore those stupid masks all the time and still got Corona.  Just a money making gimmick

Last year when many people where dying due to corona per day, i walked in and out of an ICU in india to deliver oxygen concentrators. The nurses there wore ppe protection, i had only FFP2, and my 2 doses of Pfizer at that time. I believe one of them or both of them saved me. 

It's the same logic. 

I wonder if this is not some kind of conspiracy of Data Scientists Union to keep their salaries high. People like garyh911 and Jonny help them a lot, are they hired? 

10 hours ago, garyh911 said:

... and one more to the ignore list!

Chinese Baidi image search has the picture for all to see. 

The Shanghai Rumor Refuting Platform checked on several short video websites and found that the original video was first published in July 2021, and the title of the video was "Malaysian Epidemic Prevention Corridor Covered with Barbed Wire". Since then, the video has been reposted many times, and the original title has disappeared. It was used by some netizens to link my country's epidemic prevention and control measures.