Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

No Customer Service at Eventim/FanSale

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone one had any luck getting customer support at Eventim/Fan sale. Situation is that I bought tickets, can't make it, sold tickets, buyer paid. Since this was done via Fansale they handled the whole process, and charge you a pretty penny in service charges.

So issue is that I never updated my bank account details so the refund went to my old bank account, which has been closed for several years.

Getting ahold of them is proving impossible, I have sent several emails to no avail and if you call them they disconnect, after charging your the call fee

36 minutes ago, Rushrush said:
So issue is that I never updated my bank account details so the refund went to my old bank account, which has been closed for several years.

They can only refund to the original purchase method. You need to work with your old bank to resolve this not with Eventim.

EDIT: Oops I just saw this was a re-sale not a refund, still you need to work with your old bank as they have the money now.

That's a good idea, going to call tomorrow morning when I have a bit more time, too many meeting this afternoon. I'll update when I get, hopefully a positive answer.

Interesting tibbit, lived in Munich a number of years ago and when we moved I closed the account down, yesterday I got an letter stating they were shutting down my account. This struck me as odd as I closed the account when we moved. So maybe they keep the account details for this very reason.

OK I just spoke with the bank and basically they said the money goes back. Normally you'd just contact the company and update the account details but Eventim/Fansale have no customer service, so i may be out of luck,, which really sucks as it was 450€.

I even joined linkedin to see if I could get an email of someone there but none of them allow you to have contact. I suppose I could try firstname.lastname@companyname.com and see if any of the emails get through. I've also heard of people contact the CEO to get help.

Not too hopeful as eventim has a terrible reputation for CS

I've been googling stuff like eventim no customer service in english/German to see if others have had this issue but no luck

Quick update: some googling lead me to info@eventin.de and I sent them an email in German (hat tip deepl.com is fantastic) and I got an auto response saying they need 3 weeks to get back to me. Normally when emailing a customer service you always get a generic no reply email, this doesn't happen with contact form, only a copy of your email. 

So fingers crossed

With other firms that are frustrating to contact, I have also had some luck with social-media, eventim_de seem to have a twitter feed, perhaps try that?

Good luck.

On 2022-05-06, 1:19:11, pappnase said:

With other firms that are frustrating to contact, I have also had some luck with social-media, eventim_de seem to have a twitter feed, perhaps try that?

Good luck.

That's a really good idea, seen it work for others so can¡t lose anything by trying

On 06/05/2022, 13:19:11, pappnase said:

Good luck.

A 1000 greenies to you, got this emails today!!!

Die Gutschrift über den Verkaufserlös wurde fristgerecht am 25.04.2022an Ihr Konto ( IBAN:******)angewiesen. Sollte der Betrag Sie nicht erreicht haben, kontaktieren Sie bitte Ihre Bank. Da uns keine Rückbuchung des Betrages vorliegt, gehen wir von einer erfolgreichen Erstattung aus.

Update: seems I misunderstood the German, they didn't send a second payment as I thought. They claim the money never came back but obviously they never bother checking, simply resent the same message (with my new bank details). Emailed them again so fingers crossed. Now I see why people don't bother changing banks!

I finally got the money back!!!! it was a 2 step process. 1st thing is to find a customer service email that they actually answer (the public ones are ignored along with hot line) Secondly once I was able to find an email address they used (fansale-kundenservice@eventim.de) than I had to threaten legal action. Thank you Panda Munich for you post, how to get a court ordered payment Mahnbescheid, knowing the proper term really helped.

https://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/topic/208637-how-to-get-a-court-payment-order-mahnbescheid/