Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Relevant visa for South American wife of UK citizen

4 posts in this topic

HI. 

I'm sure this is an often asked question. 

I am a UK national having been born thereliving in Germany for thirty years. My wife is from Peru and has her Aufenthaltserlaubnis here. 

When we want to travel to the UK we have previously applied for the EEA/swiss national visa which lasts for six months. She has received at least 10 of these over the years. 

We wish to travel to UK again but would like to confirm that we would apply for the same visa after brexit. 

Does anyone have experience of this before we make a mistake and send her passport away with a false application and waste time. 

Kind regards in advance

Post Brexit/ you are no longer an EU passport holder, so  these EU visas are not valid. So , best to check the UK Gov. Website  to see whether your Peruvian spouse requires a different visa.

Hi,

as always posting here let me start clarifying I'm not an expert, just sharing opinions and chatting :)

Your post is a bit confusing...

- you need nothing of course because you are UK national

- your wife is Peruvian, so she needs a tourist visa...brexit or not brexit the visa is the same

- but then you say she applied and got an EEA/swiss national visa...so is she European passport holder? then she needs no visa...

so...confusing for me :)

Good luck!