The legacy of Merkel.

22 posts in this topic

So I had a debate with a German today and we got onto politics, in 16 years I can`t think of one policy Merkel did which made life any better for Germans. 

In 16 years Merkels accomplishments (not good)

1) Nord Stream 2 even after the annexation of Crimes

2) Giving the keys of Germans economy to Putin.

3) The 2015 Refugee crisis

4) Stop Ukraines membership to Nato

5) The Financial crisis, austerity in Ireland and Greece but allowing Italy to live beyond its means.

- ECB won`t lift interest rates even though inflation is at 7.5% to stop Italys economy from crashing.

6) Brexit.

7) Thuringan Government crisis.FDP was voted in as Thurigan president. Merkel decided to over turn the vote.

8) Ditching all Nuclear Plants and giving all energy power to Putin.

Would be good if there was one thing that she managed to accomplish in 16 years.

16 minutes ago, Keleth said:

I´d disagree with you on 3&6 but yep.

Do you know the difference between the 2015 refugee crisis and the refugee crisis now?

Have a guess.

On 03/05/2022, 20:48:55, RenegadeFurther said:

Do you know the difference between the 2015 refugee crisis and the refugee crisis now?

Have a guess.

Yer the ones now are white.

Both lots fleeing from war.

So you´d rather not let anyone in rather than letting some false ones in?

On 8.5.2022, 20:55:10, Keleth said:

Both lots fleeing from war.

So you´d rather not let anyone in rather than letting some false ones in?

The ones before weren't fleeing from war, they were fleeing from having to work and coming here to have that id##t Merkel pay them to sit around here and rob and rape people !

Wait a minute, isn't that what Trump said about the Mexicans and South American immigrants?

Are you Donald Trump?

On 5/8/2022, 9:55:10, Keleth said:

White?

Have you ever seen a Ukrainian? Have you ever seen an Arab? 

I don't think you can tell one from another. Especially because beards are very popular among men in Ukraine now, and there are a lot of red-haired and blue-eyed Arabs. 

It's more about the fact that men until the age of 60 cannot leave Ukraine. Most Ukrainian refugees are women with children. 

15 hours ago, garyh911 said:

The ones before weren't fleeing from war, they were fleeing from having to work and coming here to have that id##t Merkel pay them to sit around here and rob and rape people !

Calm down. Arabs in small villages are very traditional in the way that they live in big families and rely on the authority of their parents even when they themselves have children. A tribal system. When the war emerged in Syria, people flew alone, the tribe members were no longer relying on their families to make decisions. In bigger cities this is less tribal, but still, there are strong family links and authority in life decision making. When the father/grandfather/uncle is not around, bad people approach you and brainwash you easily: you as a single refugee are looking for a family replacement. 

Do you think you are better than them? You just have a luck to be born where you were born, that's it. 

2 hours ago, yourkeau said:

It's more about the fact that men until the age of 60 cannot leave Ukraine. Most Ukrainian refugees are women with children. 

Read Article below.

https://www.sachsen-fernsehen.de/konflikt-in-der-erstaufnahme-ukranische-frauen-wollen-nicht-mit-syrern-zusammenwohnen-1012808/

Your a Ukrainian Man fighting for the survival of Europe, would you be comfortable sending your wife to Germany?

20 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Your a Ukrainian Man fighting for the survival of Europe, would you be comfortable sending your wife to Germany?

Well certainly not to Dresden with all those Syrians who

sit around here and rob and rape people !

Seriously though how come there are still men from Syria still living in initial reception centres? 2015 was 7 years ago!

Google translation

According to Dresden's Green City Councilor Torsten Schulze, the situation of the refugees, especially from the Ukraine, was apparently not taken into account. For example, Ukrainian women should live with men from Syria in an initial reception center on Dresden's Stauffenbergallee. According to SF information, some of the women refused on Thursday.

On 01/05/2022, 20:30:51, RenegadeFurther said:

So I had a debate with a German today and we got onto politics, in 16 years I can`t think of one policy Merkel did which made life any better for Germans. 

In 16 years Merkels accomplishments (not good)

1) Nord Stream 2 even after the annexation of Crimes

2) Giving the keys of Germans economy to Putin.

3) The 2015 Refugee crisis

4) Stop Ukraines membership to Nato

5) The Financial crisis, austerity in Ireland and Greece but allowing Italy to live beyond its means.

- ECB won`t lift interest rates even though inflation is at 7.5% to stop Italys economy from crashing.

6) Brexit.

7) Thuringan Government crisis.FDP was voted in as Thurigan president. Merkel decided to over turn the vote.

8) Ditching all Nuclear Plants and giving all energy power to Putin.

Would be good if there was one thing that she managed to accomplish in 16 years.

1. If you ever travelled down from Ukraine into the Crimea, you may have noticed (before the annexation) the road signs and language changed from Ukrainian to Russian. Post soviet era, it remained Russian by all but name. Russia seized it because of it's strategic value and that they could, in that they had troops there. If you were to visit today, you'd see a Crimea which looks nothing like that under Ukraine, as it's now far more prosperous. Just forget visiting Ukraine if you ever do travel there today.

As for Nord Stream, depends how you saw Crimea. Many saw what I outlined, Russia drawing a new border. Of course, Ukraine saw it differently and the west got behind sanctions against Russia, knowing it would never budge on this topic. The US was happy to bash Russia.

Nord Stream, if Russia was a western ally was safe. Having no back up plan was stupid. If I can ONLY buy gas from Russia, of course I make myself a pawn to whoever is in power today, or tomorrow. US liquid gas is FAR more expensive than Russian gas, but German was stupid not to have made provisions for alternative supply.

2. See above.

3. This was the downfall of Merkel. Was like Margert thatcher's poll tax. Does anyone look back on 2015 and think this was a success?

4. Membership of Nato requires no existing conflict, i.e. settlement by negotiation, not force. Claim to Crimea and ongoing issues in Donbass would have made this a non starter. The was as of today, I think rules this out.

5. ROFL. German and French banks crippling Greece. Loans by Germany to Greece immediately used to pay commercial banks in France and Germany.

6. Brexit. All about immigration to the UK and the perceived lack of control by the general population in the countryside. EU lacks controls on the amount of foreign labour and needs something like priority for local nationals. Spain has 15% unemployment. It should not have job related immigration from other EU countries to any significant extent. This is what the UK wanted and they got zero on this.

7. Can not comment.

8. Issue was not ditching Nuclear, but failure to ensure there was an alternative in place BEFORE turning something off.

Hmm, I turned off the heating system in Oct, but don't worry, we will get a log burner delivered next the summer. :blink:

24 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Read Article below.

https://www.sachsen-fernsehen.de/konflikt-in-der-erstaufnahme-ukranische-frauen-wollen-nicht-mit-syrern-zusammenwohnen-1012808/

Single men, and single women with/without kids, should never be forcibly housed together.

As someone who actually drove to Poland and collected a Ukrainian family of a friend of mine, no I would not put them in such camps.

Their decision to leave had a lot to do with certainty of where they would go, and with who.

Be realistic about who comes and what they need. Is it so hard to make a female only shelter?

1 hour ago, scook17 said:

Is it so hard to make a female only shelter?

They did try to do just that last time, for the 2015 batch:

4 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The question is manipulative. I was a poor student living in student dorms, so I definitely won't send my wife to live in Erstaufnahme with any group of men, be them English, Syrians, Ukrainians or Israelis.

Young men in groups = big problem. Race is less relevant (I am not politically correct and I don't say "irrelevant", see my comment above about tribal upbringing, but it is less relevant).

12 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

The question is manipulative. I was a poor student living in student dorms, so I definitely won't send my wife to live in Erstaufnahme with any group of men, be them English, Syrians, Ukrainians or Israelis.

Young men in groups = big problem. Race is less relevant (I am not politically correct and I don't say "irrelevant", see my comment above about tribal upbringing, but it is less relevant).

Let me rephrase the question.

In 2015 all single men of military age were welcomed  in Germany like heroes (especially by Micro).

Do you agree with that decision?

You can reply, looks like dessa has been fired.

On 5/10/2022, 5:26:42, keith2011 said:

#

Seriously though how come there are still men from Syria still living in initial reception centres? 2015 was 7 years ago!

What I don `t get is that when all the "fake" refugees were streaming over the border did anyone think what would happen when "real" refugees arrived?

On 5/10/2022, 10:57:35, RenegadeFurther said:

Let me rephrase the question.

In 2015 all single men of military age were welcomed  in Germany like heroes (especially by Micro).

Do you agree with that decision?

You can reply, looks like dessa has been fired.

It was not her decision. This is the consequence of the bullshit Dublin agreement according to which poor Eastern and Southern European countries should protect Germany's borders. Obviously, that couldn't last for long. 

Answering your question: that will, in the long run, make Germany a better place. Someone has to pay pensions to the aging population. 

In the short run, there will be a lot of problems. No pity for that. 

3 hours ago, yourkeau said:

Answering your question: that will, in the long run, make Germany a better place. Someone has to pay pensions to the aging population.

That only works if they are in gainful employment.