accident in car wash

26 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Is the car insured Vollkasko? If yes then claim on the car insurance and they can try and recover the costs from the car wash.

I do not have a vollkasko. So this is out of discussion.

Update: i Just called couple of lawyers based on ADAC list and most of them declined to accept the case handled already by another lawyer. 

In the case of disputes the ADAC give this advice on their webpage: https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/unfall-schaden-panne/schaden/waschanlage/

Hilfe bei Streit

Bei Schwierigkeiten mit dem Waschanlagenbetreiber können Sie sich als Verbraucher an das Zentrum für Schlichtung wenden. Dieses versucht, eine Einigung zwischen den Konfliktparteien herbeizuführen. Das Verfahren ist kostenfrei und ist daher eine gute Alternative zum „offiziellen“ Rechtsstreit.

Die Adresse der Allgemeinen Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle lautet:

Zentrum für Schlichtung e.V.
Straßburger Straße 8
77694 Kehl am Rhein
Telefon 07851 / 795 79 40
Fax 07851 / 795 79 41
E-Mail: mail@verbraucher-schlichter.de

Bei Unstimmigkeiten oder Konflikten mit dem Waschanlagenbetreiber können Sie sich im Rahmen Ihrer ADAC Mitgliedschaft auch von einem ADAC Vertragsanwalt rechtlich beraten lassen. Die Adressen der ADAC Vertragsanwälte finden Sie hier.

Help with disputes
If you have difficulties with the car wash operator, you as a consumer can turn to the Centre for Mediation. This tries to bring about an agreement between the conflicting parties. The procedure is free of charge and is therefore a good alternative to "official" litigation.

The address of the General Consumer Arbitration Board is:

Zentrum für Schlichtung e.V.
Strassburger Street 8
77694 Kehl on the Rhine
Telephone 07851 / 795 79 40
Fax 07851 / 795 79 41
E-mail: mail@verbraucher-schlichter.de
In the event of disagreements or conflicts with the car wash operator, you can also obtain legal advice from an ADAC contract lawyer as part of your ADAC membership. You can find the addresses of the ADAC contract lawyers here.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

So basically there needs to be a big sign say 'Use at your own risk'. So much for consumer protection. Companies should not be permitted to shirk responsibility in this way.

Earlier this year, I took my truck to the same car wash I've been using for two years without any issues.  It is a separate building on the gas station property and does a great job.  On that day, as soon as the large overhead roller dropped below the cab, everything stopped as if someone had turned off the power to the bay.  I went to the counter in the gas station and told the clerk there was a problem with the car wash and my truck was trapped.

He told me there was nothing he could do because the car wash was not part of the gas station business.  He would have to call someone in to look at it, but since it was a Saturday evening, it might be Monday before anyone would arrive.  I told him thanks anyway, but I have tools in the back of my truck, so I'll disassemble the car wash as much as necessary so I can remove my truck.  As I was walking back to the car wash, he ran past me and unlocked the maintenance door.  I didn't watch what he was doing.  I was busy pulling out my tool box so I could disconnect the gantry from the chain track and slide it back so I could open the driver's door.  Before I could start, he came back out of the maintenance room and told me he reset the controller and everything should work, which it did. 

On 4/29/2022, 1:36:26, JG52 said:

As I was walking back to the car wash, he ran past me and unlocked the maintenance door.  I didn't watch what he was doing.  I was busy pulling out my tool box so I could disconnect the gantry from the chain track and slide it back so I could open the driver's door.  Before I could start, he came back out of the maintenance room and told me he reset the controller and everything should work, which it did. 

What a dickhead.