Habeck claims anyone could quite easily use 10% less energy

575 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Surprisingly, I got a letter from EON and my monthly estimation dropped 30€ from 170 to 140€!

Good for you. Did the unit price changed? 

26 minutes ago, vivanco said:

Good for you. Did the unit price changed? 

I think not. I need to read it in detail. I definitely saw the kWh price was the same, but perhaps there is a nocturnal cheaper price.

53 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

I think not. I need to read it in detail. I definitely saw the kWh price was the same, but perhaps there is a nocturnal cheaper price.

In my case due to removal of eeg umlage, price increase per unit was just 1.5cent. Not so bad in this current turbulent situation. 

53 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:
1 hour ago, MikeMelga said:

Ok, looking at the yearly rechnung.

I'm paying 24.46c, VAT excluded.

But during July and August, for some reason, I paid 20.74c, perhaps due to my holidays.

We just got our annual strom rechnung. It was cheaper than last year and we get a little back. We were not charging our EV last year. 

Go figure.

Was reading in the newspaper that 62% of Germans didn’t yet put their heating on. I put it on last Thursday. 

It is still 20C during the day.   Why did so many people switched it on already?

16 minutes ago, Krieg said:

It is still 20C during the day.   Why did so many people switched it on already?

I’m with you, we’ve never turned the heating on  before November.. our house seems to be always colder than most of our neighbors’s. Having grown up in an unheated apartment in Lisbon temperatures of 16-18C still feel perfectly normal. Just wear warmer clothes and heat locally if necessary - before fireplaces became furniture that was the reason for their existence. It’s the standard in many countries, even ones with cold winters like Japan. 

I am in shorts and t-shirt and I am not really strong for the cold weather.  And my wife is even weaker and she just said it is still ok.   

Yes, it is cold during the night but there are blankets.  And most Germans do not heat their bedrooms and leave the window open anyway.

8 minutes ago, Krieg said:

I am in shorts and t-shirt and I am not really strong for the cold weather.  And my wife is even weaker and she just said it is still ok.   

Yes, it is cold during the night but there are blankets.  And most Germans do not heat their bedrooms and leave the window open anyway.

I’ve heard from a couple people this week as we talked whether they’re heating the house: yes, the heating system is configured to turn on automatically :huh: as if they can’t be bothered to figure out the general turn off button. It’s more common than you’d might think.

20 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

I’m with you, we’ve never turned the heating on  before November.. our house seems to be always colder than most of our neighbors’s. Having grown up in an unheated apartment in Lisbon temperatures of 16-18C still feel perfectly normal. Just wear warmer clothes and heat locally if necessary - before fireplaces became furniture that was the reason for their existence. It’s the standard in many countries, even ones with cold winters like Japan. 

I did that for the first 2 years in Germany. Ended up with a moldy apartment and a 4000€ bill.

Now I have it at 25C all year long, shorts and t-shirt all year long, and the gas bill is quite small, because the house is super insulated.

Problem is, when I go back to Portugal in the winter, every fucking house (except mine) is very cold!! When I eventually return to Portugal, I will only move in to a place with floor heating and target temperature around 25C.

I started with jumpers on colder days, but its perfectly ok at 20 degs at the moment. A lot depends on how much south facing large windows, they make a big difference to when I will swath on the heating.

I will put the heating on when it gets to like 16 or below degs inside.

If you want to avoid Mould, try airing your rooms more often and try to heat the room for one to 2 hours a day, this will make a big difference and when the place is painted make sure they use Mould resistant paint/whitewash.

Winter is when I am quite happy with my tiny one room pokey hole under the roof. Two candles and the place warms up really fast, three if it gets really cold.

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

When you get up at 4am for work and it´s 11 degrees that is when it´s cold.

For lots of us the day doesn´t start at 08.00

We start at 5:00.  Being judgemental as always I see.

PS, and there have been some mornings with 5C at 8:00.  Outside.

23 hours ago, fraufruit said:

We just got our annual strom rechnung. It was cheaper than last year and we get a little back. We were not charging our EV last year. 

More info.

Himself checked into it and our price for strom still hasn't gone up - 29cents. He also saw that the strom company reduced our monthly payment from € 70 to € 30. He went online and put it back up.

12 minutes ago, Krieg said:

We start at 5:00.  Being judgemental as always I see.

PS, and there have been some mornings with 5C at 8:00.  Outside.

Yep, I´m willing to bet most people on here that´s when their work days start.

If it´s 5C outside, you must have good insulation if your flat/house isn´t cold.

If your house go from 20C to 5C in a few hours  I agree you must have very bad insulation.  Or opened windows.

It was 5C here the other morning when I went out at 7.30. It's always annoying as I didn't want to take my winter coat as I knew it would be warmer later on.

The underfloor heating here seems to mostly work overnight/mornings which means I wake up to warm floors and a warm flat. But come the evening and it seems to not be doing very much and it starts to feel a bit chilly. I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to work - use the power overnight and rely on the insulation to keep the place warm through the day, but it can be a bit annoying like yesterday when I had to open the windows mid morning because it was too warm inside.  

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

I did that for the first 2 years in Germany. Ended up with a moldy apartment and a 4000€ bill.

Now I have it at 25C all year long, shorts and t-shirt all year long, and the gas bill is quite small, because the house is super insulated.

Problem is, when I go back to Portugal in the winter, every fucking house (except mine) is very cold!! When I eventually return to Portugal, I will only move in to a place with floor heating and target temperature around 25C.

we’ve never had mould problems. Our houses have always been OK insolated, how much gas do you use per year? We used 22 MWh in 2020 and 2021 for a 188 m2 living area, so 117 kWh/m2. This year we’re using less but I’ll wait until January until I can tell for sure by exactly how much.