Drivers and hand signals

68 posts in this topic

I thought you were supposed to cede right of way to car on your left, to stop the jam.    So, green tell red to go.  Then yellow will go, then red.  Or, red can signal yellow to go, and then the green will go, then red.   You cannot really give priortity to the car on your right.  They already have it.

The green car should move forward to the middle of the intersection, then the red one can pass behind it, the yellow one can drive and finally the green can turn left. And it would be completely fine ( and common) for the yellow one to waive the green one across their lane (but there is no obligation).

In my 49 years of driving, I have never been in an accident or run over anyone by being polite or accepting kindnesses from other drivers.

13 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

No, you should not have interfaced with him at all.

Can t imagine anything worse than road users not communicating with each other. Well, actually I can, but you get it...

Just ignore your fellow human beans ?

On 4/9/2022, 3:13:55, Acton said:

Buses don't blink warning lights at bus stops.

I saw one this morning and it did indeed switch on its warning lights when it stopped at a bus stop. It's a busy Hauptstrasse so maybe that explains it.

24 minutes ago, pmd said:

I saw one this morning and it did indeed switch on its warning lights when it stopped at a bus stop. It's a busy Hauptstrasse so maybe that explains it.

Usually buses that transport tourist groups do this, but I did see some city buses doing this. According to German StVO, you should pass such a bus with a speed of 3-5 kmh (Schrittgeschwindigkeit). 

12 hours ago, optimista said:

Can t imagine anything worse than road users not communicating with each other. Well, actually I can, but you get it...

Just ignore your fellow human beans ?

No, just obey the law. I do not trust other drivers, I ignore their gesticulations.

PMD? I see you're Irish. An American man in Dublin  asked about the yellow lines on the road.. "That means you can't park here at all." And what about the 2 yellow lines?

"That means you can't park here at all at all".