Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

registered as arbeitslos, late with submitting the application for ALG1

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, 

I am freaking out. Really. Did I get this really that wrong?

I applied as arbeitslos when I quit my job due to personal reasons. I respected the Frist of registering as arbeitslos. I became unemployed on March 1, and registered as arbeitslos on February 27. However, I am only doing the application for ALG1 now because for the last weeks I moved and was really stressed with the move. 

Here is where I am freaking out. I thought the applciation for ALG1 doesn't have a deadline, meaning that I can do it later, and still get the money calculated from the day I became unemployed. But am I wrong? If I submit the application right now, does it mean I lost the first 20 days of this month and will not get money for that?

Thank you,

Proton Anna

Thank you!

But in my case, my last position was during the night. Now I am a single parent and can no longer do this shift. I inquired in getting another position during the day, which was not an option. So I had to quit based on a reason. There will be no sperrzeit for me.

If I remember rightly the actual application for ALG1 has to be applied for before the last day of your employment, regardless of if you are already registered as unemployed.