Du vs Sie culture in office

89 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, jeba said:

As your repeated insults and efforts of putting words into my mouth are making it very hard for me to keep it civil, you´re now joining Balticus on my ignore list. You don´t deserve a reply.

Ouch being put on the same level as Balticus is an insult.

Ok this is for everyone else on here and not you but these are some of the reasons why I think you´re scum..

When referring to the holocaust...

On 23/03/2022, 12:01:18, jeba said:

What's wrong with that logic? After all, it's reasonable to pick the lesser of 2 evils.

When asked if you´d try and save your wifes live if it meant you maybe being shot as well...

On 21/03/2022, 06:15:45, jeba said:

Only if there was a chance of success. I wouldn´t waste my life is there is nothing to win.

On 21/03/2022, 06:35:06, jeba said:

It´s all about the odds / benefit ratio. Why would it be worth risking lives and, more importantly,  suffering if you can´t win? In my book it isn´t.

On 21/03/2022, 08:44:46, jeba said:

I don't see a contradiction. As I said, it depends on the risk/benefit ratio. And that is very unfavourable for Ukraine. If I was Ukrainian, I'd want Selensky to surrender, even if it meant losing the Donbas and Luhansk provinces. I wouldn't want my country to be turned to rubble as Germany was in 1945 and the suffering and loss of life.

On 19/03/2022, 18:38:10, jeba said:

My point is still the same: if you have to choose between 2 evils you should choose the lesser one.

You on saving your wife...

On 19/03/2022, 20:15:02, jeba said:

Then, I'd make it depend on whether I'd have a chance to win the fight. If I didn't have one, then the answer would be no.

On 15/03/2022, 19:07:35, Keleth said:

Fucking hell.

I wonder how many Jews,Gypsies,Disabled people etc would be left in mainland Europe if Hitler had gone unchallenged.

This in answer to my quote above...

On 15/03/2022, 19:28:27, jeba said:

Not very many probably.  But were there more of them than there were victims of WW2?

You comparing the holocaust to this...

On 15/03/2022, 20:38:03, jeba said:

That's basically the same dilemma you have if an airplane hijacked by terrorists is approaching say a football stadion with 60000 visitors. I never understood why it should be wrong to shoot it down and sacrifice the few hundred passengers in order to save the 60000 in the station. In my view you should choose the lesser of two evils.

This thinking from Jeba is why people such as Jeba shouldn´t be ignored when they start popping their heads up because it leads to this sort of thinking.

2 hours ago, Tap said:

I think it's become a bit of a joke now though. 

I love the episode of Friends where Joey keeps doing it, but in all the wrong places :lol:

Worth a Friday smile…

On 24/03/2022, 08:54:16, Fietsrad said:

Why is it called passive aggressive?

I think it's something invented by Germans as they have the accusative case in their language.

They like to accuse with no real evidence.

So, you get passive aggressive notes slid under your door at 4am because you parked your bike 18cm offline in the communal bike parking lot. Or you never told the Hausmeister your partner was staying over. Or God forbid! You didn't separate your trash correctly!

It's all bollox.

Note: For you English/German grammar merchants I may be playing on phonetics here.

9 minutes ago, Chelski said:

So, you get passive aggressive notes slid under your door at 4am because you parked your bike 18cm offline in the communal bike parking lot. Or you never told the Hausmeister your partner was staying over. Or God forbid! You didn't separate your trash correctly!

Someone sent the wife a video about this sort of thing.

This German says "In Germany, we don´t say excuse me that music is a bit loud could you turn it down please"

"In Germany, we say "Hallo ist das der Ordnungsamt"".

37 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Someone sent the wife a video about this sort of thing.

This German says "In Germany, we don´t say excuse me that music is a bit loud could you turn it down please"

"In Germany, we say "Hallo ist das der Ordnungsamt"".

Another crazy thing is that we get ticketed for illegal parking once or twice a week. The promise of a fine left under our windscreen wiper.

But our house is on a corner. So we deliberately park in front of our access gate with the 'Ausfahrt Freihalten' sign there.

Which then enables our next door neighbour to park in front of our house as she has no space to park on her address (narrow road).

I dunno how many tickets we've received but it's getting stupid.

Note: Obviously someone in the Ordnungsamt works it out that we're parked outside our house. No fines.

11 hours ago, Chelski said:

So we deliberately park in front of our access gate with the 'Ausfahrt Freihalten' sign there.

Would a fire brigade have access with your car parked there?

Parking on corners/junctions, pavements, cycleways etc is not allowed.

Except perhaps in Bayernland. The newspapers reported this week of a good citizen of the Weisswurstmetropole, white sausage capital (Munich) who reported illegally parked vehicles. The police did nothing, but the citizen received a six-page warning from the Data Protection Agency.