Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Consumer Rights – too many repairs

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

My girlfriend bought an oven from the German brand Bauknecht including 2-year standard guarantee.

The 2-year standard guarantee is soon expired and the repair guy from the Bauknecht repair-sub-company is coming next week to fix an issue and this is 3rd time we had an issue with this oven, where a part needs to be replaced.

Before we had an Ikea oven, that was working for 5 years without any problems.

We have the feeling that this oven is not build of what you can claim as “German Quality”.

what can we do, beside just buying a new oven as self-repairs easily can be expensive? Can we claim an exchange?

Bauknecht is owned by Whirlpool and also make Indesit repairing Indesit products under a five-year guarantee gave me a form of PTSD dealing with customers as I fixed the machines. The company to be fair replaced anything we wanted to replace but people had to take time off so the repair guy gets it in the ear and is unable to say you bought a heap of seaweed don't blame me I'm fixing it for you free. I don't care if you broke it I still get paid so I will just lie for you. Your Ikea was probably at the time made by the same company now made by Electrolux. Haier the Chinese brand is ultra-cheap if you buy online. They took over a New Zealand brand and throw money at it. Don't go overboard the parts inside are the same.