Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Grand ‘ol Dog thread

49 posts in this topic

Dogs are the most wonderful creatures to walk the earth. :)

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aw, what a cute tiddler Molly is! Great idea for a thread!

 

I don't have a dog, but sometimes dip into the Hope for Paws YouTube channel to see scared, dirty, lonely dogs (and some cats) being rescued from the streets and turned into happy, clean, waggy-tailed dogs.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've posted our little chap previously but here he is again, in his Christmas jumper.

 

20220108_153309.jpg.847dd74f74eae9c044ca

 

Yes, he is super scruffy as he refuses to partake in any kind of grooming whatsoever. The monthly visits to the Hundefriseurin are not much fun (to say the least)!

9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Rosie. Joined us late 2020, kept me sane during the pandemic and beyond. 16 years old (!) full of energy and loves a long walk despite her advanced years. No idea what breed(s) she is.

Had a splenectomy between Christmas and New Year, had serious misgivings about putting her through it, but touch wood she's bounced back, put weight back on and is back to her usual self.

274760511_1098286910747269_3173963961607

8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thread! This is Mandy, a Greek Jack Russell, no off button, just turned three. Keeps me company in the office while our geriatric Roza mostly hangs around in the flat with my partner Nicole.

Loves all dogs and cats and children and is no longer chained by her neck 24 hours a day in our Cretan village facing a main road.

 

She is a right little darling.❤️❤️

A34E5A37-8937-4614-976A-D4DE489F4D1D.jpeg

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eric7 said:

Dogs are the most wonderful creatures to walk the earth. :)

Yes, yes they are! What’s his name? 

 

4 hours ago, Lorelei said:

Aw, what a cute tiddler Molly is! Great idea for a thread!

 

I don't have a dog, but sometimes dip into the Hope for Paws YouTube channel to see scared, dirty, lonely dogs (and some cats) being rescued from the streets and turned into happy, clean, waggy-tailed dogs.

I think anyone who takes in strays and cares for them like Takis does, is a saint of the very highest order. If you wanted some furry companionship without too much of a commitment, you could pop down to your local Tierheim and take a dog out for walkies.

 

3 hours ago, SteveBraunschweig said:

This is Rosie. Joined us late 2020, kept me sane during the pandemic and beyond. 16 years old (!) full of energy and loves a long walk despite her advanced years. No idea what breed(s) she is.

Had a splenectomy between Christmas and New Year, had serious misgivings about putting her through it, but touch wood she's bounced back, put weight back on and is back to her usual self.

Wow! 16! Good to hear she’s still sprightly. I assume you’re in BS? There’s a newly opened hundefreilauf in Bienrode. Have you been? Not much to write home about but at least it’s a place where dogs can be dogs and run free especially with Spring and the associated dogs-on-leads restriction coming.


 

2 hours ago, john g. said:

Great thread! This is Mandy, a Greek Jack Russell, no off button, just turned three. Keeps me company in the office while our geriatric Roza mostly hangs around in the flat with my partner Nicole.

Loves all dogs and cats and children and is no longer chained by her neck 24 hours a day in our Cretan village facing a main road.

 

She is a right little darling.❤️❤️

Mandy looks gorgeous! She must be glad to have a new lease of life here.

 

 

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveBraunschweig said:

Joined us late 2020, kept me sane during the pandemic and beyond. 16 years old

 

That is beautiful.

 

To take in an oldie with all the health issues that this life stage often brings.

 

I hope she brings much joy in her time with you, as you are surely giving her.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Eric7 said:

I've posted our little chap previously but here he is again, in his Christmas jumper.

 

20220108_153309.jpg.847dd74f74eae9c044ca

 

Yes, he is super scruffy as he refuses to partake in any kind of grooming whatsoever. The monthly visits to the Hundefriseurin are not much fun (to say the least)!

You have a gorgeous hippy at your place!❤️❤️❤️❤️😂😂😂😂👍👍

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, john g. said:

You have a gorgeous hippy at your place!❤️❤️❤️❤️😂😂😂😂👍👍

 

The most un-poodlelike poodle in the world!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Boggsdollocks said:

 

 

Wow! 16! Good to hear she’s still sprightly. I assume you’re in BS? There’s a newly opened hundefreilauf in Bienrode. Have you been? Not much to write home about but at least it’s a place where dogs can be dogs and run free especially with Spring and the associated dogs-on-leads restriction coming.

 

Yep, in BS.

We've been to the hundefreilauf in Prinzen Park, its pleasant (more so in summer time). Bienrode is on the to do list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SteveBraunschweig said:

 

Yep, in BS.

We've been to the hundefreilauf in Prinzen Park, its pleasant (more so in summer time). Bienrode is on the to do list.


I seldom get to Prinzenpark as I tend to avoid the city when I can. It is nice though.  I was recently made aware of a hundefreilauf in the Harz too. https://www.hundewald-harz.de/main.php 
I haven’t yet been there myself but that’s on my to-do list.

Might you be a Chelsea fan by any chance?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, john g. said:

What's his name? Eric the Unready? Or maybe Eric8?😎

 

I could tell you John, but then I'd have to kill you. 😂

Maybe you'll meet him one day!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely thread. Thanks for the dog stories. Choking a bit in memory of my old pal, who left for the happy hunting grounds in January. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bramble said:

Lovely thread. Thanks for the dog stories. Choking a bit in memory of my old pal, who left for the happy hunting grounds in January. 

Sorry to hear that, Bramble. :(
It’s been 12 years since my first dog died and I still have to take a moment when I talk about him. Bless his beautiful soul.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Boggsdollocks said:


I seldom get to Prinzenpark as I tend to avoid the city when I can. It is nice though.  I was recently made aware of a hundefreilauf in the Harz too. https://www.hundewald-harz.de/main.php 
I haven’t yet been there myself but that’s on my to-do list.

Might you be a Chelsea fan by any chance?

Nice! Thanks for the tip. We're working our way through the Harzer Wandernadel stempels so spend a bit of time up there. Will check that out.

Newcastle fan, for my sins. And Eintracht, naturlich.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kiplette said:

 

That is beautiful.

 

To take in an oldie with all the health issues that this life stage often brings.

 

I hope she brings much joy in her time with you, as you are surely giving her.

Thank you. I shudder to think what the alternative would be had we not taken her in. She is a sweet old girl and contrary to the saying, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SteveBraunschweig said:

Nice! Thanks for the tip. We're working our way through the Harzer Wandernadel stempels so spend a bit of time up there. Will check that out.

Newcastle fan, for my sins. And Eintracht, naturlich.

I’m intrigued by this Harzer Wandernadel. I’ve seen it mentioned occasionally but have always forgotten to follow up on it. Is it any good? 

Sorry for prying about your football allegiances!:lol: I once met an Englander Steve many years ago at Löwenwall, who for some reason I assume is a Chelsea fan, even though as I think about it now, there was no mention of it at all when we spoke, and I was just curious if you might be him.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0