Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oktoberfest poster 2022

8 posts in this topic

The new poster is there. Angel Aloisius returns from heaven. Hand in hand with the Munich Kindl is standing in an empty beer tent. It's not clear yet whether the Oktoberfest takes place.

Download (1).jpeg

36 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

It's not clear yet whether the Oktoberfest takes place.

We can but hope however the empty tent in the poster is not a good sign.:unsure:

That poster is a terrible choice, looks like Munich doesn't believe it's gonna happen.

Was on the radio this morning that a Mass can cost as much as 13.70 Euro this year ( at the more expensive tents ), without tip, so call it 15 Euro or 30 Marks for a beer. Thats an increase od 2 Euro from the last October fest. Hard to remember but I think I was paying about 7 Marks for my first beer at the October fest.

59 minutes ago, yesterday said:

Hard to remember but I think I was paying about 7 Marks for my first beer at the October fest.

I'm fairly sure it was 6 DM for me (5+1 for mandatory tip), I know I drank 6 then went on the roller coaster when the tent closed, my mates wallet flew out on one of the curves but I don't remember much after that. Happy times, these days I struggle to finish 2 Mass.:(

what I find amazing is the rate of change has got steeper is year, the price hardly changed from 1950's to 1970's

But has hot the turbo button in the last 30 years or so.

I still its inline with Munich prices going up, ie very much, but the rate of increase is about the normal average Munich increase in the last years

629e59026e2d2_Screenshot2022-06-06214235

47 minutes ago, yesterday said:

what I find amazing is the rate of change has got steeper is year, the price hardly changed from 1950's to 1970's

But has hot the turbo button in the last 30 years or so.

I still its inline with Munich prices going up, ie very much, but the rate of increase is about the normal average Munich increase in the last years

629e59026e2d2_Screenshot2022-06-06214235

Like always with these graphs a log plot is better. An inflation of “merely” 3.5% per year will give us this price evolution. The price of a six pack of beer in the USA has gone though a similar (though not quite as steep, possibly because it’s supermarket prices) evolution from $1.5 in 1950 to $9 in 2018. It’s probably around $11 nowadays.

https://www.insider.com/beer-cost-every-year-2018-10?amp

that said, I also demand cheaper beer :angry: