The War in Ukraine

2,504 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, jeba said:

Stupid and unnecessary provocation. Do they think this will help create a better atmosphere for cease-fire negotiations?

In case you haven't noticed, the negotiations are over.

Do keep up.

32 minutes ago, jeba said:

Stupid and unnecessary provocation.

What, unlike actually being invaded?

3 hours ago, fraufruit said:

In case you haven't noticed, the negotiations are over.

Do keep up.

Do you think the war will end without negotiations? Aggravating Putin unnecessarily will achieve nothing but increase the risk of carpet bombing and the like.

9 minutes ago, jeba said:

Do you think the war will end without negotiations? Aggravating Putin unnecessarily will achieve nothing but increase the risk of carpet bombing and the like.

Putin stopped negotiating and he is already carpet bombing. Oh, and he started the aggravating.

Do keep up.

15 minutes ago, jeba said:

So what would your suggestion be then ?, Maybe the Ukrainian's should tie their hands behand there backs and then attempt to shot  themselves the head, while shouting I love Putin, would that be enough to please your master Putin ? 

1 hour ago, jeba said:

All wars end with negotiations- I will be the first to admit I wouldn't have a clue how to negotiate, though. I'm not a keyboard warrior. 

What do you say to a man with no conscience?

3 hours ago, jeba said:

I am really not sure how you negotiate with a government whose leader has been proved to be an absolute liar and has lost all trust, Putin will carpet bomb anyway if he thinks it gives them advantage and most likely claim it was the USA!

33 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Putin will carpet bomb anyway

I'm very confused.

How does dropping pieces of carpet injure anyone?

1 hour ago, Chelski said:

I'm very confused.

How does dropping pieces of carpet injure anyone?

You're either ignorant or flippant.

The former we can do something about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_bombing

The latter is a character failing that I'm afraid is probably incurable at your age.

2 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

You're either ignorant or flippant.

The former we can do something about: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpet_bombing

The latter is a character failing that I'm afraid is probably incurable at your age.

Christ! It was flippant!

Thanks for the personal attack and your ageist comment.

7 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Putin stopped negotiating

So how can Selensky threaten to stop negotiations in case Mariupol will be taken by Russia?

6 hours ago, john g. said:

All wars end with negotiations

Exactly.

7 hours ago, yesterday said:

So what would your suggestion be then ?

The same I offered weeks ago already: offer to give him Donbasz and Luhansk (which he´ll get anyway, just after more suffering and deaths if the war continues). And at the very least not provoke Putin without any potential benefit. What benefit does a stamp with a raised middle finger bring?

Putin doesn't need provoking, he's going to do it anyway. He borders on being Psychopathic.

9 hours ago, john g. said:

All wars end with negotiations

Yes but the important thing is from what position the negotiators negotiate.

Does anyone think the end of the SWW would have been negotiated in 1940.France,Germany,Austria,Poland,Norway,Holland,Belgium among others would still be under Nazi control.(Yay says Jeba)

I personally think if on the first day of this invasion had Ukraine offered Putin the Donbas region he would have told them to go fuck themselves. It seems that he wanted to take the whole of Ukraine then keep the bits he wanted and give the rest back to Ukraine if at all.

The Ukrainians are going to need to make Putin want to come to the table or Russia will be negotiating with strength behind them.

3 hours ago, jeba said:

What benefit does a stamp with a raised middle finger bring?

Morale,which when your country is being invaded is a pretty important thing.

I honestly don´t know how you can live with yourself,you have absolutely zero morals.I never thought anyone could think that letting the holocaust carry on was a better outcome than ending it by force.

45 minutes ago, bramble said:

@jeba You are a delusional Putin-Versteher. It's a dirty swear word and gets dirtier by the second.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Putinversteher

What nonsense. Understanding someone isn't the same as liking or supporting someone. I can understand why a robber is assaulting an old lady to get her handbag, but that doesn't mean I approve of it.

yet again this comes down to choice.

It seems to me that the Ukrainian people ( mostly) want to carry on fighting, as they do, I am happy for many governments to support them around the world. Sure I know this will lead to the loss of life, but its their choice.

If the Ukraine does well in the future battle for the fight in the east of Ukraine it will strengthen the  Ukrainian position in any further negotiations.

The stamp is an important moral boost for Ukraine, It will have no effect on Putin's thinking. Or not as much as the sinking of one of Russia's largest Military ships, if Putin thinks otherwise, it shows he is clearly mad.

The west can provide some very effective counter measures against carpet bombing, maybe the west has already give this to the Ukraine. All the Russian jets are of an old technology without any stealth, they are easy meat even for older surface to Air missiles. The only thing the Russian will have is a vastly reduced air force if it wants to go that way.

Of course it may lead to a further escalation, but America has said then there will be a response, what form that will take is up for discussion.

We all know your position, and it has not changed, I just do not understand why you always come back with the same stuff, can you not see nobody agrees with you on here, its pointless for you to repeat the stuff all the time, that nobody agrees with you. You seem to have a lot of time to waste here, why not instead spend your time, on what you are going to do about your now reduced value investments you made in Russian companies.