The War in Ukraine

3,067 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

...and the Russians are complaining about a few of their soldiers being shot

I went to Rewe this morning, remembered two of my neighbours had complained about not being able to find flour. I saw two packets on the shelves and thought " the neighbours will be happy."

At the till, the cashier confiscated one of them.

Then I thought " who bloody cares?"...

" So what?"🤭

I will think about which neighbour needs it most. But there are far worse fates happening to other people than running out of flour.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, john g. said:

I went to Rewe this morning, remembered two of my neighbours had complained about not being able to find flour.

Strange that there are no signs of shortages of anything in Cyprus yet (at least I'm not aware of anything). Last week, Lidl had wholegrain flour on special for €0.77/kg. I bought 10 kg as I started baking my own bread. The only problem I personally am experiencing is that I haven't been able for more than 2 weeks to get hold of the sales manager of the building company I want to build with (she's Russian).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Russian female influencers cut their Chanel handbag as protest:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/04/07/russia-ukraine-war-chanel-handbags/

 

@john g.: female influencers are young women who post in 30 different bikinis on Instagram for a living, sort of.

Lol. These influencers are rightly fucked with the sanctions. There's no advertising revenue coming in anymore. The shit they promote is all western.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the Chanel bag thing was funny. Chanel already has their money and give fuckall about what they do to/with the bags.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Chanel is encouraging all Russian models and socialites to cut up their bags.  When this is all over, and sanctions are lifted, Chanel could have a fresh market for replacement bags. 

 

Hermès...are you paying attention?  I'm sure there are a few spoiled Russian models with Birkin bags just waiting for a visit from the knife.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No French perfumes and handbags anymore? That will teach Putin! Surely, he'll stop his war now. Has the world gone mad?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More on the train station attack -

 

Quote

 

A few minutes before it became clear that women, children and elderly people were among the at least 39 dead and nearly 100 known to be injured when a missile struck the Kramatorsk train station in eastern Ukraine, Russian soldiers were bragging about the hit on Telegram.

The missile struck the main evacuation center in the area and seems to herald the beginning of an intensified offensive that Russia warned was coming.

Minutes later, the messages, which included claims to have successfully obliterated “a crowd of Ukrainian militants at the Kramatorsk railway station” the messages were edited or disappeared altogether, according to several accounts by journalists in the region.

 

 

the rest

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

More on the train station attack -

 

 

the rest

Naturally the Russians are denying it but the photos of Russian missile casings at the station are a bit of a give away.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jeba said:

Strange that there are no signs of shortages of anything in Cyprus yet (at least I'm not aware of anything). Last week, Lidl had wholegrain flour on special for €0.77/kg. I bought 10 kg as I started baking my own bread. The only problem I personally am experiencing is that I haven't been able for more than 2 weeks to get hold of the sales manager of the building company I want to build with (she's Russian).

Maybe because the Cypriots aren´t quite such big fuckwits as the Germans.

Just like the toilet rolls they hear of a maybe shortage and go out and buy trolleys full of the stuff either because they´re idiots or they think they can sell it on at a profit.Then they complain the next week when they can´t buy anymore or can only buy 1 of them.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do wonder at the Russian strategy, seems very odd that having failed to take the Ukrainian capitol and having been forced to completely withdraw they apparently now plan to concentrate on the area round the breakaway regions in the east where battle hardened troops from the Ukraine are already dug in and hopefully being supplied with modern weapons from Nato. In the meantime their ongoing missile attacks on civilian targets, intended or otherwise, are only increasing sympathy and support for the Ukraine from the rest of the world.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I do wonder at the Russian strategy, seems very odd that having failed to take the Ukrainian capitol and having been forced to completely withdraw they apparently now plan to concentrate on the area round the breakaway regions in the east where battle hardened troops from the Ukraine are already dug in and hopefully being supplied with modern weapons from Nato. In the meantime their ongoing missile attacks on civilian targets, intended or otherwise, are only increasing sympathy and support for the Ukraine from the rest of the world.

I suspect they expect no changes from the Ukrainian response, so they figure they might as well concentrate on the parts of the country where they already have a stronghold and a better chance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now