The War in Ukraine

3,110 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Keleth said:

No but in Jebas ideal world they wouldn´t have had to fight.They would be allowed what they want and to run the holocaust as they wanted because less people would have died than actually died stopping them.

What's wrong with that logic? After all, it's reasonable to pick the lesser of 2 evils.

On 21/03/2022, 06:15:45, jeba said:

Only if there was a chance of success. I wouldn´t waste my life is there is nothing to win.

So you would let your wife get shot who you say you love more than anything rather than risk your life to save her?

On 21/03/2022, 10:05:58, jeba said:

Do you have a link for that or is that just your guess?

Of course it´s a fucking guess.Just like your less people will die if the Ukrainians had just given Putin what he wanted.

22 hours ago, keith2011 said:

I do wonder, even when it comes from our side, if "credible information"  is a euphemism for propaganda?!?

Of course it is.

You´ll only hear the good stuff,ie Russians being fought off etc or Russians killing civilians etc.

Not sure if it´s pure propaganda as in just making shit up though.

7 minutes ago, jeba said:

What's wrong with that logic? After all, it's reasonable to pick the lesser of 2 evils.

Even I didn´t think you would sink this low.

Let me get this straight so there is no misunderstanding...

Genocide should not be stopped if stopping it causes more people to die than the genocide itself?

I know you were a Doctor but were you Doctor Shipman by any chance?

12 minutes ago, jeba said:
18 minutes ago, Keleth said:

No but in Jebas ideal world they wouldn´t have had to fight.They would be allowed what they want and to run the holocaust as they wanted because less people would have died than actually died stopping them.

Once again:

623b01110faf7_shittiesttake.jpg.ae8eeb50

"I've got mine, so fuck you" is a terrible life philosophy.

8 minutes ago, Metall said:

He's not a doctor, he's a pharmacologist. I'm a doctor (retired).

Yer and perhaps I should have used Mengele instead of Shipman.

Sorry but his quote really fucking threw me,I didn´t realise anyone could be that callous.

56 minutes ago, jeba said:

Ok, it can indeed be a logical choice, IF you can safely say that that would be the end of it, and that the Nazis wouldn't attack anyway. Therein lies the problem - you cannot know this, and indeed, with the Nazis, appeasement was wrong. It's possible early military action could have led to fewer lives lost, where the war could have started and ended earlier, and the mass murder could have been delayed slightly or even completely.

So, even if you have to figure out which the lesser of two evils would be, the lesser of two evils is not always the 'peaceful' choice.

44 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Yer and perhaps I should have used Mengele instead of Shipman.

Sorry but his quote really fucking threw me,I didn´t realise anyone could be that callous.

I just barely managed to refrain...

Edit: Have just heard that TTers have reported jeba. I encourage others to do the same, and to take screenshots.

1 hour ago, jeba said:

this pointless and stupid 

You can never know what Adolf would have done, if he had not been stopped, maybe he wanted to Kill everyone in Russia, how can you ever compare the 2 evils in this kinda situation, it just dumb

1 hour ago, Metall said:

Have just heard that TTers have reported jeba. I encourage others to do the same, and to take screenshots.

For being dumb or what?

Just in case anyone actually believes the Russians intend to stop at Ukraine (Seriously, how fucking stupid are some folks?), here is a Russian military helicopter with  НА БЕРЛИН  ("To Berlin") on it.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

For being dumb or what?

For taking a strictly utilitarian view, I suppose. All lives are equal and the outcome which wastes least lives is the most useful one.

A difficulty with which is it only really works with hindsight, because lots of stuff requires an ability to see future consequences which we just can't do and another difficulty is that the most utilitarian view does not necessarily tie in with what people see as the most moral choice, depending on your world view.

2 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

Ok, it can indeed be a logical choice, IF you can safely say that that would be the end of it, and that the Nazis wouldn't attack anyway. Therein lies the problem - you cannot know this, and indeed, with the Nazis, appeasement was wrong. It's possible early military action could have led to fewer lives lost, where the war could have started and ended earlier, and the mass murder could have been delayed slightly or even completely.

So, even if you have to figure out which the lesser of two evils would be, the lesser of two evils is not always the 'peaceful' choice.

Essentially what he said.

The moral horror here I find misplaced. Better save it for the actual monster who has decided to stamp on his neighbour, rather than waste it on someone who is theoretically wondering whether fighting the monster is better than hoping it gets bored and goes home, without stamping on any more. Whatever. The neighbour isn't up for the stamping so there we go. 

Strange how it's written on one side not the other. The in flight photo shows the port side, the crash photo shows the starboard. It might actually be a doctored photo.

6 minutes ago, French bean said:

Strange how it's written on one side not the other. the in flight photo shows the port side, the crash photo shows the starboard. It might actually be a doctored photo.

This...

11 minutes ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

That's just war graffiti yo :ph34r:

Soldiers write all sorts of things on their shiz.

Yep saw that and it does happen but usually in chalk or on both sides of an aircraft, look at the aircraft and bombs used in the gulf war, bombs had personal messages chalked on, aircraft had general messages or names painted on.

10 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Better save it for the actual monster who has decided to stamp on his neighbour, rather than waste it on someone who is theoretically wondering whether fighting the monster is better than hoping it gets bored and goes home,

I can understand Jebas argument in regards to Ukraine, don´t agree with it but can understand it.

However, the Holocaust is not some "theoretical" argument nor are other genocides that have happened.

You do not just let genocide happen because you may lose more lives stopping the genocide than just letting them get on with it.

To actually consider not stopping the holocaust is in my mind the thoughts of one sick fucker.

There again he does admit he´d let his wife die rather than try and save her so sort of shows what sort of person he is.

On the BBC World News channel earlier this afternoon they were showing a pro-Kremlin TV discussion show where one of the poodles was yapping very heatedly about the prospect of Russia nuking targets in Europe and destroying Warsaw. (Doesn't seem to be on the BBC website.) Someone from BBC Monitoring was interviewed for his views and said it was pro-Kremlin people toeing the Kremlin line and trying to ensure that the public were on side for the war.