The War in Ukraine

3,111 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Countdown until this thread gets closed starts now.

It would start again under another name. The war is still going on ( unfortunately)🙁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

So where's the new Covid thread? It's still going on.

Isn't that the restaurant thread? Can't remember, to be honest!😂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, john g. said:

Isn't that the restaurant thread? Can't remember, to be honest!😂

That got closed too if it is the one I'm thinking of.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can say is it is a damned good thing being a doctor is primarily regurgitating what you have memorized because thinking is obviously not a requirement. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

All I can say is it is a damned good thing being a doctor is primarily regurgitating what you have memorized because thinking is obviously not a requirement. 

 

You should say that to your doctor the next time you are ill, you may well find yourself being given an enema for a bump on the head!:D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy man, Putin, is now demanding that the West recognises his illegal Ukrainian annexations as being Russian

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

Crazy man, Putin, is now demanding that the West recognises his illegal Ukrainian annexations as being Russian

 

The craziest parts are his claims for regions they never set foot on!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2022, 5:17:57, keith2011 said:

 

My god even most western armies recognise and tolerate conscientious objectors (people who do not believe in fighting for their own country) what is your problem with someone who has an opinion that it is morally wrong to fight and kill people which is what happens in a war!..

 

I don't think you understand what is going on. Read some of the previous posts and you will get a pretty clear picture what team jeba is rooting for. It's pretty simple, you choose a side. Only one is right.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mako1 said:

 

I don't think you understand what is going on. Read some of the previous posts and you will get a pretty clear picture what team jeba is rooting for. It's pretty simple, you choose a side. Only one is right.

 

Well done Putin could not have said it better.

If that is the best you can do after 10 days then I think it is you who do not comprehend the question of morality of war and yet you claimed jeba had no morals! He is entitled to express his opinion here, he is not some troll who has only recently started posting or some influencer with Russia sympathies and definitely does not deserve to be derisively called quote:- "team jeba"!

You really are an arsehole.:angry:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63893316

Vladimir Putin has said the threat of a nuclear war was rising, but insisted Russia had not "gone mad" and would not use its nuclear weapons first.

The Russian president insisted that his country would only use weapons of mass destruction in response to an attack.

Speaking at Russia's annual human rights council meeting, he also said the war in Ukraine could be a "lengthy process".

Western officials believe Putin initially planned for a rapid victory.

Russia's capacity to use nuclear weapons has come under increased scrutiny since it invaded Ukraine in February.

"Such a threat is growing, it would be wrong to hide it," Putin warned while talking about the prospect of nuclear war via video link from Moscow.

But he asserted that Russia would "under no circumstances" use the weapons first, and would not threaten anyone with its nuclear arsenal.

"We have not gone mad, we are aware of what nuclear weapons are," he said, adding: "We aren't about to run around the world brandishing this weapon like a razor."

 

Time to fit him for a straitjacket...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-63890775

Time Magazine has named Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and "the spirit of Ukraine" as its 2022 Person of the Year.

The award goes to an event or person deemed to have had the most influence on global events over the past 12 months.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/12/2022, 14:51:57, keith2011 said:

 

Well done Putin could not have said it better.

If that is the best you can do after 10 days then I think it is you who do not comprehend the question of morality of war and yet you claimed jeba had no morals! He is entitled to express his opinion here, he is not some troll who has only recently started posting or some influencer with Russia sympathies and definitely does not deserve to be derisively called quote:- "team jeba"!

You really are an arsehole.:angry:

of course both you and jeba have the right to your opinions and even to publish them here. But if you read some of the earlier posts there was one poster pushing for the ukraine to willingly accept the loss of 20% of their territory as fait accompli. Certainly we all want the war to end, immediately. But most surmise ending the war with Russian troops in Ukraine means later attacks on other sovereign nations. Kicking the can down the road. 

I'm pretty cool with a negotiated peace as long as the russians and ukranians agree. Ideally, Russia pays for damage caused and any suspected Russian war criminal gets a fair trial if they leave Russia. 

Not sure what your schtick is other than to defend jeba.

Having or not having morals has nothing to do with the right to express yourself. And posters also have the right or I would say obligation to point out when one thinks someone is wrong. Makes it interesting.

On 04/12/2022, 14:51:57, keith2011 said:
On 23/02/2022, 17:55:03, jeba said:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mako1 said:

of course both you and jeba have the right to your opinions and even to publish them here.

 

Wow, not content with trying to silence jeba by attacking him personally ("team jeba", "no morals" "troll" etc) you now make a back handed attempt to question both his and my right to post opinions here that you do not agree with! quote:- "and even to publish them here".  In the case of jeba it is his pacifistic views and in my case my defence of his right to post them in the face of your attack on the  person rather than his opinions.

 

42 minutes ago, mako1 said:

Not sure what your schtick is other than to defend jeba.

Having or not having morals has nothing to do with the right to express yourself. And posters also have the right or I would say obligation to point out when one thinks someone is wrong. Makes it interesting.

 

Then I suggest it is you who need to look not so far back in the thread to know I totally disagree with jeba on this war but unlike you I dispute and question the argument not the person making the argument. Trying to rubbish the messenger is the tactic of arseholes which it seems I have an  "obligation to point out"!:P

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mako1 said:

 

Having or not having morals has nothing to do with the right to express yourself. 

Not quite. Tell that to the lawmakers when it comes to racial or other discriminatory incitement to hate, e.g. holocaust denial, homophobia...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64055018

Vladimir Putin believes Russia is not to blame for the war in Ukraine, adding both countries are "sharing a tragedy".

During a televised address with senior military officials, the Russian president said he continued to see Ukraine as a "brotherly nation".

He claimed the conflict was "the result of the policy of third countries" and not down to Russian policy.

 

The guy is totally off his rocker, about time he was fitted with a straitjacket...

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly absolving himself of all responsibility by blaming third parties. Called DARVO in the jargon.

 

Master manipulator. Now the West will feel the need to defend itself and appear to be the aggressor. Happy times ahead.

 

Anybody wanna be his bruv ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, optimista said:

Now the West will feel the need to defend itself and appear to be the aggressor.

 

Nah. We have his number. It is his typical MO.

 

Here is MTG's take on Zelinsky's visit to the U.S. 

 

Quote

 

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has criticised Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's surprise visit to the US, amid opposition from the Republican far right to US support for Ukraine in its war against Russia.

Zelenskyy early Wednesday announced he was on his way to Washington, DC, his first overseas trip since Russia launched its brutal invasion of Ukraine in February. He will meet with President Joe Biden and appeal for enhanced support.

The trip was organized in secrecy to void compromising security arrangements, with reports of the planned visit emerging on Tuesday.

In a tweet later that day, Greene, a Georgia Republican and prominent supporter of Donald Trump, criticized the plans.

"Of course the shadow president has to come to Congress and explain why he needs billions of American's taxpayer dollars for the 51st state, Ukraine. This is absurd. Put America First!!!" Greene said.

 

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17.12.2022, 11:31:40, keith2011 said:

Then I suggest it is you who need to look not so far back in the thread to know I totally disagree with jeba on this war but unlike you I dispute and question the argument not the person making the argument. Trying to rubbish the messenger is the tactic of arseholes which it seems I have an  "obligation to point out"!:P

dear kevin,

if you don't see any hyprocitical irony in your trashing a messenger, then you're dumber than you think i think you are.

That said, it's okay to have an opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now