The War in Ukraine

3,111 posts in this topic

Ukraine narrowly escaped nuclear disaster during fighting at weekend

Whoever fired on the plant was taking “huge risks and gambling with many people’s lives”, said Rafael Grossi, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/news/international/ukraine-narrowly-escaped-nuclear-disaster-during-fighting-at-weekend/

Surely, that´s a risk worth taking if there is  POSSIBLY, MAYBE an anti-Russian majority in Eastern Ukraine. Or not?

I left South Africa because I didn´t feel safe enough there. Maybe returning would be the lesser risk.

6 hours ago, Elljay said:

It's reported that 10.000 Ukrainian children have been taken to Russia and will be adopted by Russian couples. Could this be true?

I don't know if the number is accurate, but there have been public figures in russia who said they took in Ukranian children in the past months. One of them, if not mistaken, is a news reporter.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

I do believe it happened, but not the high number. According to Zelensky, there have so far  been slightly below 9000 civilian deaths. It seems unlikely, that given that number, there should have been 10000 (semi-)orphaned children or children without adult supervision who could have been taken to Russia.

Russia is taking Ukrainian children because the Birth rate in Russia is now very low, Putin is very worried, that Russia will have very few people to run the country.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220524-population-decline-in-russia-putin-has-no-other-choice-but-to-win-in-ukraine

Thats one of the reasons Russia decided to invade the Ukraine in the first place, it seems a lot of Russians think it is so shit in Russia that they do not want to bring children in to it, so Russia is taking children from invaded lands to try and start population growth back in Russia, they do not only take  orphaned children, but children who have living parents.

Which is another factor people should think about, when the Ukrainians have the choice to fight or just give in to the demands of Russia.

The Russian kidnapping of thousands of Ukrainian children is reason enough to continue fighting this war. If Russia regained control of the annexed (in Russian law only) oblasts, how many more thousands or tens of thousands of Ukrainian children would be taken from their "dissident" parents' arms for upbringing in a "proper" Russian home? No, the Russians need to be pushed out of every bit of Ukraine. Jeba, are you more concerned about how your investments are doing than the fate of disappeared Ukrainian children? 

3 hours ago, yesterday said:

Thats one of the reasons Russia decided to invade the Ukraine in the first place

Did Putin tell you that? Or is mere speculation?

3 hours ago, yesterday said:

it seems a lot of Russians think it is so shit in Russia that they do not want to bring children in to it,

Is the birth rate in Germany higher or lower than in Russia? If it´s lower, what does that tell us in your opinion?

Surely it would be better if Russians left children starving on their own after turning their homes to rubble and killing their parents?

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

Jeba, are you more concerned about how your investments are doing than the fate of disappeared Ukrainian children? 

No worries. Given that my porfolio is overweight energy, pipleline and LNG-shipping stocks it has actually benefitted from the rise in energy prices.

14 minutes ago, murphaph said:

That's the main thing, eh?

It's sad when the only thing that bothers people is how anything affects them. Sad and lonely life that must be.

35 minutes ago, jeba said:

Is the birth rate in Germany higher or lower than in Russia? If it´s lower, what does that tell us in your opinion?

Surely it would be better if Russians left children starving on their own after turning their homes to rubble and killing their parents?

Failson's fingers failed again. From a regular web search.

1russia.JPG

2germany.JPG

Further, infant mortality in Russia is 4.997 per 1,000 and for Germany it is 2.344 per 1,000. Do you even math, bro?

15 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Failson's fingers failed again. From a regular web search.

1russia.JPG

2germany.JPG

Further, infant mortality in Russia is 4.997 per 1,000 and for Germany it is 2.344 per 1,000. Do you even math, bro?

Did you think I wasted time googling that?

36 minutes ago, murphaph said:

That's the main thing, eh?

Well, you asked.

22 minutes ago, jeba said:

No, I think you wallow in your ignorance like a man who has given up trying to be informed.

2 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

No, I think you wallow in your ignorance like a man who has given up trying to be informed.

But, but...

I was asking

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Is the birth rate in Germany higher or lower than in Russia?

Why would I do that if I had given up being informed?

1 hour ago, jeba said:

But, but...

I was asking

Don't worry it is all statical big lies, I mean you only have to look at it how could a women have 1 and a half children let alone 1.53 it's physically impossible! ;)

5 hours ago, jeba said:

What you do, is make your mind up without any facts, take the example of most Eastern Ukrainians want to become Russian, there is no evidence of this, just your thinking

Jeba said, above

Well given the fact that you were wrong, what does that say about your opinion?

22 hours ago, murphaph said:

Actually, I didn't ;-)

Do you understand the meaning of a question mark? As in:

On 22.11.2022, 11:22:44, murphaph said:

Jeba, are you more concerned about how your investments are doing than the fate of disappeared Ukrainian children? 

If your insinuation was correct, I´d be very much in favour of Zelensky continuing the war, because whatever lifts energy prices is a good thing for my portfolio. And this war does that.

21 hours ago, yesterday said:

What you do, is make your mind up without any facts, take the example of most Eastern Ukrainians want to become Russian, there is no evidence of this, just your thinking

I´ve received my info from people who actually lived there (a fellow German who is married to a Ukranian wife) and from Russians living in Cyprus, such as e.g. my Electrician or my former landlord. Also from  e.g. Lafontaine, Gysi, Wagenknecht,, Hellmeyer or the video with Noam Chomski linked to above and so on. Plus newspaper articles. I just don´t see the relevance Russia´s birth rate, but asked you for it when you claimed it was indicative of living conditions there. I didn´t even give a guess, but you still said i was wrong :lol:. THis is what I had said:

On 22.11.2022, 15:00:43, jeba said:

Is the birth rate in Germany higher or lower than in Russia?

What exactly was wrong here?

28 minutes ago, jeba said:

What exactly was wrong here?

Wasn't the birth rate thing in connection with claims that the Russians were abducting children from the Ukraine whether there were orphaned or not?

Though to be honest I doubt the Russians were doing so due to a a low birth rate I think they will be fattening them up with gingerbread in preparation for eating them!;)

The Ukrainian goverment says over 11,000 children have been deported.

After being imprisoned by Russian authorities for 45 days Yevhen Mezhevyi told ABC News he was finally freed and quickly suffered another trauma: his children had disappeared.

Mezhevyi had been separated from his family at a checkpoint in Mariupol as they were attempting to escape the besieged city. Officials imprisoned him because they thought he might have connections to the military.

Mezhevyi's three children, Matvii, Sviatoslava and Sascha, were sent to Moscow, where they told ABC News Correspondent Britt Clennett they had been pressured to choose between being sent into the foster care system or an orphanage.

Mezhevyi traveled through Russia for two days, communicating with a network of volunteers through the encrypted messaging service Telegram, and staying on strangers’ couches, before he finally reached his children.

Mezhevyi's 9-year-old daughter Sviatoslava told ABC News that at the boarding house they were being spoiled with gifts and being pressured to choose whether to go to an orphanage or with a foster family.

“I said to the staff, ‘No foster families,’” she said. “‘I already have a daddy and he is alive!’”

According to Mezhevyi, his children were being told, “‘Your father can’t make it. You have to decide.’”

Fucking inhuman goblins.