The War in Ukraine

2,721 posts in this topic

Pranksters call the son of Putin's spokesperson, telling him that he must report immediately to the commissary to go to war :D

He says " You must understand, if you know I am Mr. Peskov, how entirely wrong it is for me to be there. I will decide this on a different level.”

More on this asshole. Nicolai Peskov not only uses his father position to avoid going to war, but in the past he had many criminal offenses, including beating his 71 years old grandmother!

https://web.archive.org/web/20161120072608/www.rospres.com/dossier/19933/

Assault case mysteriously disappears
Recently, a draft law was submitted to the State Duma, removing from the Criminal Code an article on beatings against close relatives. Psychologists and lawyers are convinced that this essentially legalizes domestic violence, but supporters of the bill believe that relatives can abuse this article in conflicts with each other. How ambiguous such situations are, the editors consider on the example of the son of Dmitry Peskov, Nikolai, against whom, judging by the Book of Records of Committed Crimes (KUSP), a criminal case was initiated for beating his own grandmother. As part of the study of this case, we found out other circumstances in the life of Peskov's son, who works on the RT television channel and flies on a business jet: for example, how he did not pay alimony to his wife and testified in court against his mother shortly before her death.

Recently, a loud scandal erupted in the metropolitan police: during an inspection of the Books of Records of Committed Crimes (CUSP) at the Moscow Department of Internal Affairs, prosecutors discovered a criminal case had been opened on the fact of beating by the son of Presidential Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov, Nikolai Choles, to his own grandmother, Inese Budyonna ( who was the daughter-in-law of the prominent Bolshevik Semyon Budyonny).

According to the operational report of the Ministry of Internal Affairs for the Dorogomilovo district of Moscow, the beating of a 71-year-old pensioner took place two years ago in her own apartment at number 7 on Bolshaya Dorogomilovskaya Street: N.D. born 1990 on the basis of personal hostile relations, inflicted on Budyonny I.S. born 1943 blows to the head, face and body, causing bodily injury and physical pain.”

Bear in mind, even fucking Stalin had his son on the frontline and after his son was captured by the germans, he did not accept a prisioner exchange swap for his son!

From the BBC...

In a rare address to the nation earlier this week, Mr Putin said his country had "various weapons of destruction" and would "use all the means available to us", adding: "I'm not bluffing".

"When people say it is not a bluff, you have to take them seriously," Mr Borrell said.

In the same speech President Putin announced the call-up of 300,000 Russians who have done compulsory military service, sparking protests and reports of people fleeing the country to avoid being sent to the front line.

On 26/02/2022, 05:09:18, jeba said:

That's why the Ukraine should capitulate better now than in a few days rather than fight a fight they can´t win. Supplying arms would be wrong in my view...

That didn't age well.

13 hours ago, murphaph said:

That didn't age well.

Don´t praise the day before the evening.

On 26/02/2022, 05:09:18, jeba said:

Moving the goalposts. You said they'd be beaten in days. Months later and it's the Russians that are being beaten on the battlefield. You said they had no chance of success whatsoever. That was completely and utterly incorrect and the drunk and disorderly rabble the Russians are calling upon now will just be slaughtered as well, for Putin's ego. Why can't you admit you were wrong? Putin syndrome?

From the UK MoD this morning (as reported in the Guardian live feed):

Here is the UK analysis:

Unlike most western armies, the Russian military provides low-level, initial training to soldiers within their designated operational units, rather than in dedicated training establishments.

Typically, one battalion within each Russian brigade will remain in garrison if the other two deploy and can provide a cadre of instructors to train new recruits or augmentees.
However, Russia has deployed many of these third battalions to Ukraine.

Many of the drafted troops will not have had any military experience for some years. The lack of military trainers, and the haste with which Russia has started the mobilisation, suggests that many of the drafted troops will deploy to the frontline with minimal relevant preparation. They are likely to suffer a high attrition rate.

My bold. That is an understatement.

Warning. Graphic content!

A would be recruit shoots the recruiting officer (presumably dead) at point blank range in Ust-Ilimsk, a town of about 85k out in the provinces. These places used to be counted upon to provide the cannon fodder for Russian armies.

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Moving the goalposts. You said they'd be beaten in days. Months later and it's the Russians that are being beaten on the battlefield. You said they had no chance of success whatsoever. That was completely and utterly incorrect and the drunk and disorderly rabble the Russians are calling upon now will just be slaughtered as well, for Putin's ego. Why can't you admit you were wrong? Putin syndrome?

OWG disorder.

12 critics of Putin's war on Ukraine have now been found dead in mysterious circumstances

( From falling down stairs to off the side of boats... )

Published 10:36, 26 September 2022 BST

Emma Guinness

8 hours ago, murphaph said:

Warning. Graphic content!

A would be recruit shoots the recruiting officer (presumably dead) at point blank range in Ust-Ilimsk, a town of about 85k out in the provinces. These places used to be counted upon to provide the cannon fodder for Russian armies.

Pity it wasn't Putin who received those bullets. 

12 hours ago, murphaph said:

You said they'd be beaten in days.

Please quote where I said this. I said they´ll get the Luhansk and Donbas regions, which I still believe they will. If I turn out to be wrong, so much the better (provided the locals want to remain part of Ukraine, which I´m not so sure about).

1 hour ago, jeba said:

Please quote where I said this. I said they´ll get the Luhansk and Donbas regions, which I still believe they will. If I turn out to be wrong, so much the better (provided the locals want to remain part of Ukraine, which I´m not so sure about).

These are your exact words jeba:

That's why the Ukraine should capitulate better now than in a few days rather than fight a fight they can´t win

By the way, if the locals want to join Russia they can fuck off over the border and live there anytime they want or they can work within the democratic institutions of the Ukrainian state to agitate for independence under the laws of Ukraine. Neighbouring countries don't get to bite chunks out of each other because they have ethnic minorities over the border!

29 minutes ago, murphaph said:

These are your exact words jeba:

Okay, so I was wrong as far as timing is concerned. But as I said: Don´t praise the day before the evening.

26 minutes ago, murphaph said:

By the way, if the locals want to join Russia they can fuck off over the border and live there anytime they want or they can work within the democratic institutions of the Ukrainian state to agitate for independence under the laws of Ukraine.

That´s only one way of seeing it. Another is that a democratically elected pro-Russian president (Janucovic) was toppled in a coup (Maidan revolution) and that those who had voted for him (and who mainly lived in Eastern Ukraine) can´t be expected to accept that. I´m missing that second perspective in the main media´s reporting. If you only follow Western mainstream media, you could be forgiven to think that 90+ percent of Ukrainians are in favour of Zelensky. I have my doubts about that because I´m wondering where those who voted for Janucovic have gone.

They've gone nowhere but now they can see with their own eyes what closer ties to Russia means in practice ;-)

Never mind the timing stuff excuse. You claimed that Ukraine (the whole country) should have surrendered right at the outbreak of the war as fighting was pointless and defeat inevitable. You did not state that they should surrender the Donbas only. You said the whole country should surrender to Russia.

Now we see that this assessment was entirely incorrect as Ukraine is currently beating Russia. Resistance is not futile after all.

28 minutes ago, jeba said:

Okay, so I was wrong as far as timing is concerned. But as I said: Don´t praise the day before the evening.

That´s only one way of seeing it. Another is that a democratically elected pro-Russian president (Janucovic) was toppled in a coup (Maidan revolution) and that those who had voted for him (and who mainly lived in Eastern Ukraine) can´t be expected to accept that. I´m missing that second perspective in the main media´s reporting. If you only follow Western mainstream media, you could be forgiven to think that 90+ percent of Ukrainians are in favour of Zelensky. I have my doubts about that because I´m wondering where those who voted for Janucovic have gone.

Come on now, we have seen

• Russia invaded without any real reason, do you really believe Rusia invaded to help people ?, or because they wanted more land 
  • What do you think about the Ukrainian recovered land, where they find bullets in the back of the head, hands tied behind the back or was it the Ukrainian's who did this ?
  • Do you really think Putin thinks the Russian and the Ukraine are one family ? as Putin says at the beginning of the war - Sure thats why he is killing them
  • Do you not think that the Russian army is not what it was said to be ?
  • The west has sent very little advanced equipment, but the Russian have nothing except mass death, this is who you are defending

I am sorry I find your thinking hard to understand, look at the positives

• German has filled over 90 % of the gas tanks, sure its expensive but gas prices are falling
  • The Ukraine can make gains, with just a little help, I am sorry for the ones who have died, alot more conscripts are going to die, sorry.

I cannot belive, that you really want to live in a world, where one country can just invade another country because they think its right. Its not, if we give in to Putoin now he will be back for more in 2 or 3 years .... and Putin will say do not touch me because I have nukes, where does it end ????

We have to draw a line in the sand, sure if it goes wrong then we all get problems, but until then we live in some form of freedom.

And it is far better to draw that line in Ukrainian sand than let it slide and then go straight to WWIII if/when Putin tries the same in the Baltics. We should have drawn a line in the sand in 2014. It would have prevented all this death and destruction now, but better late than never.