The War in Ukraine

2,721 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

I presume you mean crystal ball?

Of course. :wacko:

 

25 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

let us know what your vision of the future for the Ukraine and other eastern European nations looks like under the current Russian dictatorship

It´s not pretty for those Ukrainians in Eastern Ukraine who are anti-Russian. They will have to either get used to life under Putin´s proxies or sell and leave. Western Ukraine will have to do without the Eastern part. The rest of Eastern Europe which is a member of NATO probably doesn´t have much to be afraid of. The only difference holding out will make is how many more victims and how much more scorched earth there will be. That´s my guess at least.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jeba said:

They will have to either get used to life under Putin´s proxies or sell and leave.

 

Sell what and to whom? Everything is destroyed. Who would buy property there? Russia will just take what it wants.

 

Nuts.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

 ( not to mention dead bodies).

Sell what and to whom? Everything is destroyed. Who would buy property there? Russia will just take what it wants.

 

Sell their properties and businesses. To those who want to stay (there must be some, after all, Janocovic, who was pro-Russian, was elected president at the time). Right now, not everything is destroyed yet. The longer Zelensky insists that Russia must retract behind the border before he is prepared to negotiate, the more destruction there will be, of course.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jeba said:

The rest of Eastern Europe which is a member of NATO probably doesn´t have much to be afraid of.

 

And what about the non-Nato states, Moldova and Georgia for example?

 

3 minutes ago, jeba said:

Sell their properties and businesses. To those who want to stay (there must be some, after all, Janocovic, who was pro-Russian, was elected president at the time). Right now not everything is destroyed yet. The longer Zelensky insists that Russia must retract behind the border before he is prepared to negotiate, the more destruction there will be, of course.

 

Do you really think they will allowed to leave, more likely they will be deported to a gulag in Siberia, now who needs polish their bowel?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

 

And what about the non-Nato states, Moldova and Georgia for example?

Moldavia may suffer the same fate in Transnistria as Ukraine in the East. Georgia has already been invaded (and btw. Putins army left after their mission was accomplished).

 

3 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Do you really think they will allowed to leave

Yes, indeed. Just as Russians are allowed to leave Russia to this day. I see no reason to think otherwise.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jeba said:

Moldavia may suffer the same fate in Transnistria as Ukraine in the East. Georgia has already been invaded (and btw. Putins army left after their mission was accomplished).

Now you´re just bare faced lying to try to make a point.

 

(17) Russia is moving troops into Ukraine from Georgia as reinforcements, senior US defense official says (cnn.com)

 

From that article and from the many other articles about Russian troops who have been stationed in Georgia since 2008...

"Russian troops have been stationed in Georgia after Russia invaded the country in 2008."

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeba said:

Yes, indeed. Just as Russians are allowed to leave Russia to this day. I see no reason to think otherwise.

 

Ask the thousands of Ukranians who have already been put in prison camps in Russia since the war began.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

 

Ask the thousands of Ukranians who have already been put in prison camps in Russia since the war began.

 

Yes, and according to Russian propaganda (over and over again) all Ukrainians are Nazis and deserve to be wiped out.  

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bramble said:

 

Yes, and according to Russian propaganda (over and over again) all Ukrainians are Nazis and deserve to be wiped out.  

 

As are the heads of the German government (or at least their fake grandfathers)...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2022, 2:20:25, keith2011 said:

 

I have to confess I struggle to understand the current position of Israel. Why are they so reluctant to support the friend of  their greatest friends against a country that has helped and supported their enemies almost since the founding of the state of Israel?

There was some weirdness at the beginning of the war where the US was trying to finalize a deal with the Iranians that needed Russian agreement (Germany also might be in that negotiation). Russia probably told the Israelis that they would torpedo the negotiation or not let it move forward if Israel 'did them a favor'. The Israelis are of course dead set against any kind of deal with the Mullahs and Russian diplomats, of course, know no shame.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/iran-nuclear-official-kamlavandi-says-god-willing-there-will-be-an-understanding-2022-03-05/

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fraufruit said:

 

Ask the thousands of Ukranians who have already been put in prison camps in Russia since the war began.

I only remember reading about civilians evacuated from war zones taken to camps they were held in for a couple of days. Calling them prison camps is showing some bias. I´m sure the Russians would rather call them refugee camps or something like that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of mine: Germans should want Ukraine to win out of one reason - Ukrainians won't come and rob your houses. Imagine Ukraine is 100% lost to Russia because the Germans did not supply heavy weapons. A lot of former soldiers coming to Ukraine as refugees, frustrated that Germany did no help.

 

What will happen?

 

I wish Ukraine to win, but if is loses, Ukrainian mafia will kick out Yugoslavian mafia in Munich. And then, I hope all your houses will be robed...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jeba said:

I only remember reading about civilians evacuated from war zones taken to camps they were held in for a couple of days.

Other accounts exist:

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/04/07/europe/ukraine-mariupol-russia-deportation-cmd-intl/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61208404

Quote

Calling them prison camps is showing some bias. I´m sure the Russians would rather call them refugee camps or something like that.

As detailed in the above articles, people have had their IDs and phones taken away, been separated from family members, been sent to “camps” against their will, …  These are violations of international law.  Sounds like prison camp.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BethAnnBitt said:

As detailed in the above articles, people have had their IDs and phones taken away, been separated from family members, been sent to “camps” against their will, …  These are violations of international law.  Sounds like prison camp.

If it were prison camps they wouldn´t have been allowed to leave. Even the person the article quoted mentioned  was staying with his in laws, not in a camp. I don ´t see a reason to think that Ukrainians  couldn´t leave occupied areas once the war is over. Just as Russians are allowed to emigrate if they wish to. Don´t forget: It´s about choosing the lesser evil, not finding a perfect solution in line with international law.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, yourkeau said:

A friend of mine: Germans should want Ukraine to win out of one reason - Ukrainians won't come and rob your houses. Imagine Ukraine is 100% lost to Russia because the Germans did not supply heavy weapons. A lot of former soldiers coming to Ukraine as refugees, frustrated that Germany did no help.

 

What will happen?

 

 

Help in supply of heavy weapons is indeed frustratingly slow for various reasons and is being discussed continuously on various channels on German TV. Information on German support for Ukraine: 

https://www.bundesregierung.de/breg-de/themen/krieg-in-der-ukraine/faq-waffenlieferungen-2027766

 

12 hours ago, yourkeau said:

I wish Ukraine to win, but if is loses, Ukrainian mafia will kick out Yugoslavian mafia in Munich. And then, I hope all your houses will be robed...

 

You're a spiteful git. How about criticising the lack of Israeli support for Ukraine for a change? 

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bramble said:

 

You're a spiteful git. How about criticising the lack of Israeli support for Ukraine for a change? 

 

Or better still explain  to us why they seem to be supporting Russia?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was quite an interview. He nervously (face rather twichy at times) used all the tactical manœuvres of the consummate manipulator. Is there any point in such exchanges other than to expose their lies ? And to what avail ? Does the ambassador believe his own sh... ??

 

Reminded me of conversations I ve had with my husband...

 

Despair.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bramble said:

You're a spiteful git. 

 

Think we need to see his comments in a wider historical context.

 

He provides insight, which I appreciate.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now