The War in Ukraine

2,504 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

Did I say that? I don't think so!

That´s what your post suggests.

Also they´re sending them to Rwanda for processing so they don´t know if they´re economic migrants or not.

4 minutes ago, Keleth said:

That´s what your post suggests.

No it does not. What I said was:-

It may well be that the granting of refugee visas by the UK is racist but how they deal with illegal economic migrants is to my mind a very different subject.

You are letting your imagination get the better of you.

1 hour ago, Keleth said:

So anyone coming in a boat is an economic migrant then?

What do you call someone who goes from one safe country to another safe country?

24 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

What do you call someone who goes from one safe country to another safe country?

White.

28 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Dunno but I call you a c**t

53 minutes ago, keith2011 said:

No it does not. What I said was:-

You are letting your imagination get the better of you.

2 hours ago, keith2011 said:

Given that the UK have made it relatively straight forward for Ukrainian refugees to obtain a visa, albeit not very quickly apparently, it seems unlikely that many/any will be arriving in small boats from France illegally. I would suggest that is the difference! It may well be that the granting of refugee visas by the UK is racist but how they deal with illegal economic migrants is to my mind a very different subject.

You missed that bit out.

6 hours ago, keith2011 said:

how they deal with illegal economic migrants is to my mind a very different subject.

5 hours ago, Keleth said:

So anyone coming in a boat is an economic migrant then?

3 hours ago, Keleth said:

You missed that bit out.

But you missed out very much more, either way it is irrelevant you are still trying to make something of it for the sake of an argument when there is nothing there.

Butt out!

On 05/05/2022, 21:22:13, john g. said:

They might not all necessarily support the war ( could be bad for their particular line of business ) or Putin but definitely want to protect their financial interests in case of an economic meltdown in Russia. 

They may not support the war now exactly because it is bad for business but being rich in Russia it´s highly likely some of their money has found its way to Putin in one form or another now or in the past.I don´t know if anyone can be truly rich in Russia without greasing palms.Hell basically anywhere in the world.

Also, I do wonder how "clean" anyone who gets rich in Russia is.

I guess I misread the information, it's just that the failure of the UK to allow Ukraine refugees into the country, and the prospect of the UK sending illegal immigrants to Rwanda to be 'processed' arose around the same time...

1 hour ago, Wulfrun said:

I guess I misread the information, it's just that the failure of the UK to allow Ukraine refugees into the country, and the prospect of the UK sending illegal immigrants to Rwanda to be 'processed' arose around the same time...

Well they are letting them in if they have family or a business in the UK.If neither of those then they have to apply for a visa in a neighbouring country first.

Not that the UK govt is trying to make it awkward or anything.

34 minutes ago, Keleth said:

Well they are letting them in if they have family or a business in the UK.If neither of those then they have to apply for a visa in a neighbouring country first.

Not that the UK govt is trying to make it awkward or anything.

The announcement I read didn't mention illegal immigrants, just refugees...

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

These two things are not comparable. 

SpaceX is just a toy to show off Musk's small penis. Starlink is directly supplied and used by the Ukrainian army so they can communicate even when the Russians destroy the mobile network. 

The Russians theoretically have their own satellite network but thanks to corruption it doesn't work, they don't even have enough radios with encryption, and Ukraine bans their smartphones. 

Actually, a lot of Russian army failures are due to corruption, stolen equipment, etc. They will never admit it, so there is a scapegoat. 

11 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

The announcement I read didn't mention illegal immigrants, just refugees...

Surprising that, the media printing what people wants to hear. Believe me, it hurts for me to defend the UK govt in any shape or form.

Also, none of the refugees entering the UK, even those by boat etc are actually illegal until they´ve been processed. So the UK isn´t actually sending illegal immigrants to Rwanda they´re sending asylum seekers because they´re sending them to Rwanda to be processed.

How do you tell if someone is an illegal immigrant?

No one knows until that refugee has been processed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61353374

Vladimir Putin tells a huge military parade in Moscow's Red Square that Russian troops in eastern Ukraine are "defending the motherland"

He says the invasion of Ukraine - what he called a "special military operation" - was necessary and had been provoked by the West

President Putin wasted no time getting back to the narrative he outlined just as this war began: that Russia was asking for dialogue about European security last December, but was rebuffed. And that Ukraine was preparing military operations in the Donbas and talking openly about the acquisition of nuclear weapons.

He accused the West of preparing to invade Russian territory, making clear he meant Crimea, which Moscow annexed from Ukraine in 2014.

He's off his f'king rocker

2 minutes ago, Wulfrun said:

provoked by the West

There´s no doubt the West has been poking the Bear,it´s been happening for years and is done by both sides.

Annexing Crimea wasn´t poking the West it was slapping it in the face.

29 minutes ago, yourkeau said:

These two things are not comparable. 

SpaceX is just a toy to show off Musk's small penis. Starlink is directly supplied and used by the Ukrainian army so they can communicate even when the Russians destroy the mobile network.

Let's get things straighten. SpaceX is an extremely valuable company that not only disrupted a complete business area, but is about to disrupt the telecommunications area. So i'ts far from a penile extension. It also re-established US independence of manned space access and cut around $1000M financing of russian space industry.

Basically they will bankrupt the russian space industry, which has deep ties to military.

It's, together with Tesla, the most sought company in the world, receiving million of applications per year. It is the most admired engineering company and an example of hope of a better future for new generations. So have some respect.