The War in Ukraine

2,504 posts in this topic

See my delayed response- I was gathering my thoughts.

My point? Nuances. And some irony!

Most of the fake Syrian "refugees" left when they found out they wouldn't get a free house etc., etc. as they had been told.

I think all of the Ukrainian refugees want to go home as soon as possible which could take some years. If Putin doesn't take the whole country at least.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Most of the fake Syrian "refugees" left when they found out they wouldn't get a free house etc., etc. as they had been told.

I think all of the Ukrainian refugees want to go home as soon as possible which could take some years. If Putin doesn't take the whole country at least.

I think it depends on if they have something to go back to. If your house is blown up and your friends and family are gone, fled or dead, there's not much to go back to.

I don't know how many of the real Syrians left again.  I knew a guy who said he'd go back as soon as the war was over.  He was a lawyer in Syria.  His city didn't get bombed.  He left because he wanted to avoid conscription.  I knew another young guy who'd come here with his parents and sister and they had no plans to go back.

There were a lot of other refugees coming at the same time though from all different countries "as per Merkels invitation" as they understood it and I think most of them ended up being denied asylum and sent home.  German authorities also got rid of quite a few by making deals with their home countries to take them back even though they had destroyed their passports and could not be identified.

1 hour ago, LeonG said:

There were a lot of other refugees coming at the same time though from all different countries "as per Merkels invitation" as they understood it and I think most of them ended up being denied asylum and sent home.  German authorities also got rid of quite a few by making deals with their home countries to take them back even though they had destroyed their passports and could not be identified.

Source this "Süddeutsche" newspaper article of 12. April 2021: https://www-sueddeutsche-de.translate.goog/politik/fluechtlinge-asyl-auslaenderzentralregister-linke-1.5261402?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

On 31. December 2020:

"In fact, according to the register, almost 760,000 people live in the country whose asylum application has been rejected. About 40 percent of them have been here for six years and - in some cases - much longer and 70 percent have largely secure residence permits, a good third even have permanent residence permits (Niederlassungserlaubnis)."

On 31. December 2016, there were only 556,499 rejected asylum seekers living in Germany according to this "Die Welt" newspaper article: https://www-welt-de.translate.goog/politik/deutschland/article162762852/Warum-556-000-abgelehnte-Asylbewerber-in-Deutschland-bleiben.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp"

"As of December 31, 2016, 556,499 foreigners, most of whose applications were legally rejected many years ago, were living in Germany, according to a response from the federal government to a request from the left-wing faction, which was also available to the “Welt am Sonntag”. 

The largest groups of rejected asylum seekers come from Turkey (76,919 people), Kosovo (68,114), Serbia (49,746) and Afghanistan (32,784). Four out of five (404,000) have been in the country for more than six years."

1 hour ago, PandaMunich said:

On 31. December 2020:

"In fact, according to the register, almost 760,000 people live in the country whose asylum application has been rejected. About 40 percent of them have been here for six years and - in some cases - much longer and 70 percent have largely secure residence permits, a good third even have permanent residence permits (Niederlassungserlaubnis)."

Yes, I've met people who were denied and have been living in Germany with "duldung" for many years.  In earlier years they were not allowed to travel too far from their assigned city and not allowed to work but today they are even allowed work permits in many cases.  However, as far as I know, these work permits don't lead to immigration.  They are still marked for deportation if the time comes that Germany is able to do it.  Like lets say they catch the guy with a passport and he's off on the next plane back home.  Of course some still come back though.  There are also other ways to get papers such as getting married or having a German child.

2 hours ago, jeba said:

Please don´t! Or at least listen to the explanation of why the authors chose to write this open letter (if you have command of German) as given by Reinhard Merkel, philosopher, professor of law and former member of the German Ethics Council starting at min 29 of: https://www.zdf.de/gesellschaft/markus-lanz/markus-lanz-vom-3-mai-2022-100.html

I suggest you watch that again, especially where he says that Ukraine has the right and a pflicht to protect itself from Russia. Also the bit where he says Ukraine should not drop to its knees and simply give Russia what they want.The exact opposite of what you´ve been preaching.

14 hours ago, Keleth said:

I (and many others on this forum)feel like one of those members of the court looking down on the jester when we read one of your deranged posts.

Sounds like I have my own fan club.

Anyway back to the question you didn´t answer, I´ll repost it because I honestly think you´re dumb enough to have forgotten it.

Here you go, try and put 2 and 2 together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_the_Syrian_civil_war

16 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

In response to the open letter by "concerned" prominent citizens like Alice Schwarzer, a different group has published their own open letter calling on the German government to give Ukraine all the weapons they need to defend against the Russian invasion, embargo Russian energy exports so as to remove a source of funding for Putin's war, and give Ukraine a binding perspective for joining the EU. They recognize that Ukraine is also fighting for our own security and for the future of a democratic Europe.

You can read the letter and sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/die-sache-der-ukraine-ist-auch-unsere-sache

Please sign and help prove that there are more people in Germany who want to help Ukraine defeat Putin's band of war criminals than appease Putin and leave the brave Ukrainian people twisting in the wind.

The Ukrainians should fight Putin but the Syrians not?

9 hours ago, LeonG said:

I think it depends on if they have something to go back to. If your house is blown up and your friends and family are gone, fled or dead, there's not much to go back to.

She said "fake". By some estimates, only 25% of those applying to the refugee status in 2015-2016 were real refugees. Most were lowlifes from north of africa or balcans.

17 hours ago, Keleth said:

Ah you mean those fleeing war in 2015 were non-whites and now from Ukraine they´re mostly white?

Ok I get your point of view but most people treat people the same no matter their colour and if you choose not to then that´s your thing.

Anyway are you going to answer the question or are you just full of your usual bluster and bullshit?

Going the race path with RD is complicated.  I think he is a non-white with migration background from a mostly non-white country, short and skinny, so not really part of the master race.   Still he sounds like he hates non-white people.  Pretty strange.  Maybe he is part of the people who think:  Now that I am inside we should close the door.

4 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

She said "fake". By some estimates, only 25% of those applying to the refugee status in 2015-2016 were real refugees. Most were lowlifes from north of africa or balcans.

She said fake Syrian refugees but as you said, many of them weren't actually Syrian nor were they claiming to be so not actually "fake Syrian" but "fake refugees", yes.  I think most of them ended up deported or left in a huff when they didn't get a nice house, job etc. handed to them.

I have met a few Indians and Pakistani who have claimed asylum in Germany in order to stay here and work.  This has changed, mostly these guys are showing up here with work permits from Portugal now.

47 minutes ago, LeonG said:

This has changed, mostly these guys are showing up here with work permits from Portugal now.

The fuck how?? Are they unqualified? Or qualified workers?

There have been many reports of middle east mafia legalizing non qualified workers in Portugal, for agricultural jobs.

2 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

The Ukrainians should fight Putin but the Syrians not?

i-can-typing.gif.5e5b44162749b2e0da98baf

Still not over the Syrian refugee thing, huh? You must be a blast at parties.

14 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

i-can-typing.gif.5e5b44162749b2e0da98baf

Still not over the Syrian refugee thing, huh? You must be a blast at parties.

I no longer go to parties.

Much rather have a quiet night in with your wife.

3 hours ago, MikeMelga said:

The fuck how?? Are they unqualified? Or qualified workers?

There have been many reports of middle east mafia legalizing non qualified workers in Portugal, for agricultural jobs.

Low skilled workers.  I don't know if there is any mafia involved but it seems to be relatively easy to get work permits there.  I know a guy who's been working in a factory and his son now works there as well.  The other son somewhere else.  They are somewhere close to Porto.  I heard of another couple of guys who paid a restaurant owner in Lisbon to get them work permits although they weren't actually planning on working there.

I've heard similar from my former employer as well.  He moved to Portugal a few yrs. ago.  After running a business in Germany and finding it hard to get work permits for non-EU foreigners here, he was surprised to find Brazilian guys there working unskilled jobs.  He asked and they said no problem.  You have to be there and some employer wants to hire you.  That's it.

5 hours ago, LeonG said:

This has changed, mostly these guys are showing up here with work permits from Portugal now.

This has been going on years and not just with Portugese work permits. The amount of dodgy people working on contracts as self employed through a dodgy agency yet all living at the same address and having only the one contract to work on is nothing new. A major chemical company near us had a number of people sub contracted by a sub contractor who was sub-contracted by someone else to provide sub contracted labour. Snouts in the trough time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61321799

Russia has dismissed speculation that it will declare all-out war in Ukraine in the coming days as "nonsense".

Moscow has up until now denied it is at war, instead referring to the invasion as a "special military operation".

But Western officials have speculated that President Vladimir Putin could use the 9 May Victory Parade to announce an escalation of military action.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov, however, said there was no truth to the rumours "at all".

So if it's NOT a war, then it must be an unlawful terrorist attack... and Putin should be brought to book...

10 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Sounds like I have my own fan club

Let´s call it a pity club.

10 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:
On 03/05/2022, 20:16:54, RenegadeFurther said:

Could it also be that everyone who refused to fight Putin you and Jeffo treated like heroes?

Not sure why you are on this thread now complaining about the Ukraine war.

Still not sure where you´re going with this.

I can only come to the conclusion you think NATO, the UN and others should have gone to war with Syria and Russia or that ISIS are heroes.

9 hours ago, Krieg said:

Going the race path with RD is complicated.  I think he is a non-white with migration background from a mostly non-white country, short and skinny, so not really part of the master race.   Still he sounds like he hates non-white people.  Pretty strange.  Maybe he is part of the people who think:  Now that I am inside we should close the door.

Ok, I´ll stick to the idiot path when referring to him.