Electric vehicles in Germany - all the ins-and-outs!

667 posts in this topic

10 months after ordering, my Cupra Born arrived yesterday. Yes!

Everything works the way it should so far and the driver assistance (auto cruise control, speed limit sign recognition, lane keeping, lane changing, stop & go) makes everything easy-going. I opted for the base model 18" aero wheels due to improved range. I was kind of overwhelmed though with the whole UI and needed to spend 2 hours last night familiarizing myself with all the system settings. Before you used to buy a car that happened to have a computer - nowadays you buy a computer that happens to be a car.

The current wait time for the Born is about 4-6 months now that demand has dropped a bit due to lowered subsidies next year and perhaps supply chain easing.

born.jpg.becb0e5651dbd8bf38a1f00e39f08f1

On 21.10.2022, 16:31:03, yesterday said:

doubts rise over whether robo cars will ever work, investors trying to pull out ...

Driverless Car Development Sets Ablaze a Bonfire of Billions

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/driverless-car-development-sets-ablaze-130019834.html

This was predictable. Most of these companies were making great demos with HD maps and LIDAR. They cashed in, now "suddenly" it will never work.

Tesla Gigafactories, News and Conversation

has been discontinued (  This topic is now closed to further replies. ).

My attempts to ask "why"? have been unsuccessful.  This is no known way to contact TT moderators.  All of the prescribed methods no longer function or have disappeared.  It would appear that the topic became too popular and exceeded an arbitrary user input limit.  Only in Germany would success be penalized.  TT's FSD is broken and no one cares.

Thanks to those who contributed comments.  I, personally, got a lot of good info there.

31 minutes ago, catjones said:

My attempts to ask "why"? have been unsuccessful.

Maybe TT has been taken over by Musk, like Twitter,and what staff are left after 50% job cuts have been locked out of their company PCs.:D

1 hour ago, keith2011 said:

Maybe TT has been taken over by Musk, like Twitter,and what staff are left after 50% job cuts have been locked out of their company PCs.:D

It's possible. Elmo loves to buy social media platforms where people are making fun of him.

I hear dozens, perhaps even scores of euros were offered as the purchase price.