Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Consumer Rights - repair/exchange/money return

18 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have bought a Samsung TV in November 2020 at the 4. december 2021 it started to flicker, give artifacts, change colors etc. so the first thing I did was call Samsung and they opened a ticket to their service partner. Service partner contacted me and said that I should send videos and pictures of errors on the TV, I found that strange but I did it anyway. Nobody contacted me after that so I called them and they said that I should send them videos and pictures again, wich I did (AGAIN).

They called me 10 days after that and said that they will order a spare part for my TV and change the screen wich they did two weeks after my initial call to Samsung. Day after that the error was there aswell as the sound coming out of the TVs power module. I called the Samsung service partner and told them that the problem persists to wich they said they will pick up the TV for repair.
Fast forward to 21.january.2022 after numerous calls and questions to Samsung aswell as Service partner about what is going on with my TV they brought the TV back to me. The TV screen had plastic hanging out of it, the back plastic from TV was broken and I said I am not accepting it so they took it back for the third time.

I called Samsung today aswell as Service partner and they both said that the TV is still being repaired (2 months after my initial call!) to wich I said I do not want to have that TV anymore since it is being repaired for the third time and not becouse it was faulty but becouse service partner is obviously incompetent to repair it.

Samsung said that they can not start the money return process or give me another TV until the service partner says that the TV is irrepairable
Service partner says they are still repairing the TV.

So finally my question.
What can I do? To whom I can complain about this whole sitiuation and is there any legal act I can show them in order to get my money back?

So, you didn‘t go to the (online) shop for reclamation, but to Samsung direct? I assume you have the 2-year standard guarantee? Normally, you get a back-up TV from the shop.

You can complain at your local Verbraucherzentrale, which is a consumer rights organization.

7 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

So, you didn‘t go to the (online) shop for reclamation, but to Samsung direct? I assume you have the 2-year standard guarantee? Normally, you get a back-up TV from the shop.

You can complain at your local Verbraucherzentrale, which is a consumer rights organization.

No,I did nt get the backup TV from the service partner.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Where did you buy it?

media markt but I dont see what they have to do with it since I contacted Samsung and they sent their service partner to fix it

I was only curious. I've heard over the years that it is almost impossible to return faulty goods to Mediamarkt but I probably would have started there anyway. I wonder what their policies are now.

Sorry you aren't making any progress with the service department. Many of them take forever.

I bought a MacBook a year ago at MM and also had a negative experience like @Squareidiot.  I had problems twice and each time the 💻 was gone for about 2 months, sent somewhere north in Germany to be repaired.  Partly for that reason my husband just ordered his new MacBook directly from 🍎.  (also wanted a US ⌨️)  I was very disappointed. 

4 hours ago, Squareidiot said:

Hello,
I have bought a Samsung TV 

Twenty-three years ago I bought a desktop computer screen - a flat screen, but with a tube - anyway it was from LG, Lucky Goldstar, Lucky Garbage more like it - I had to send back three of them to Dell Computer for replacement due to various defects.  The guy on the phone moaned and said yeah, Korea - it's really shit, they use the consumer as their quality control line.  

Since then I have not knowingly bought so much as a USB stick from a Korean firm.  Things have probably changed since then, I think I could give them another chance, but why bother? So many better-made brands out there. 

That's why even if I dislike Amazon, I buy most of my electronics from them.  If I have problems in the first two years they will give me back my money without any major problems.

15 hours ago, Fietsrad said:

Is the contract with MM the retailer, or with the manufacturer?

If by contract you mean proof of purchase, the TV was bought from Media Markt,why?

So they brought the TV today back to me, the back side (that they broke during the service) was not changed and the boss of the service company wrote a post it on the working order that they will come to me to change it some time in the future.

I mean...for real?
Sent it automaticaly back to them and I am calling MM...

1 hour ago, Squareidiot said:

If by contract you mean proof of purchase, the TV was bought from Media Markt,why?

So they brought the TV today back to me, the back side (that they broke during the service) was not changed and the boss of the service company wrote a post it on the working order that they will come to me to change it some time in the future.

I mean...for real?

That’s what happened to me with the 💻.  The contracted service company had it for 2 months and when I picked it up it had a different problem and didn’t work.  So they sent it out a second time.  😤  Live and Learn.

1 hour ago, Squareidiot said:

I mean...for real?

Does it at least work?

2 hours ago, Krieg said:

That's why even if I dislike Amazon, I buy most of my electronics from them.  If I have problems in the first two years they will give me back my money without any major problems.

I was about to same the same….love them or loathe them, Amazon do have the best customer service.  We bought an AEG Akku vacuum from them. After years of hassle with AEG that started just after purchase, I contacted Amazon last year. They intervened and we got the latest model as a replacement. It’s cr*p too so one day, when finances permit, we’ll buy a Dyson!

Similar experience with an AEG I bought to replace a very old and slightly cranky Miele. The AEG is long gone and the Miele is still going as a backup to the battery Dyson I bought. The Dyson works great as a quick dustpan an brush alternative but for a thorough full apartment clean both I and my wife still use the Miele. I don't know how it is with the latest Dyson models but emptying mine is a pain in the neck and invariable results in a ring of dust round the waste bin.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

Does it at least work?

At this point that is completely irrelevant. The TV back side is broken and they did that at the service/delivery.

I forced them to do RMA, wich they will but (to no surprise) this will take up to 6 weeks! I tought that these type of bullshittery cant happen in Germany...

Update:

2 weeks after I still did not get the info when or if I can get my money back. I called the service numerous times, sent emails to get any information about the current status. Answer is always we will get back to you.

Is there no law in germany that protects the buyer I can pull out of my sleeve?

If it was me I would be chasing Samsung to confirm it is being RMA'd but also give MediaMarkt a blast, tell them the TV they sold you is defective, the service agent took it away and can't fix it and you want your money back. Maybe one or both can put some pressure on to speed things up.