Changing residence permit after seperation.

3 posts in this topic

I have been married to German for two and half year and living here in Germany for exactly 2 years. I came here on marriage Visa and i have a 3 years permit.

Me and my wife decided to separate after a lot of problems and hard time for both of us, i am moving out to my own flat now.

I wonder how can i change my residence permit status now because normally i am not eligible for one year extension( My marriage is

less than 3 years)?

Is it possible that i can ask for another residence permit on my own before my 3 years marriage residence permit finish( will be finished in one year)?

Could the Ausländerbehörde revoke my actual residence permit because of the separation?

I have B1 in German and i am working as an engineer since one year, Could this help me to get work residence permit?

I would appreciate any response!!

Thanks in advance!!






Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites


probably, not an expert, you can apply for a blue card.

Are things so bad with her so she won't cooperate and stay together for another year?

Good Luck!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply!!

We can not stay together because it became unhealthy for both of us, we are not enemy but not friends too.

I think she already contacted the Ausländerbehörde and told them the story.

For the blue card, i think it needs more than 55K income and i don't get this amount!

and it is not sure if i can apply for it here in Germany!


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now