We will finally buy a TV

115 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kaffeemitmilch said:

If you also like working on cars, I will move to Hamburg!

I'm too green to like anything about cars.

But I love cycling and bicycles, including repairs.

Still moving?

This is odd, sounds almost like a dating negotiation. 😳🤣. I'm a straight happily married male father.

I have not had a TV for years and I do not really miss it. Looking at the above posts , it all seems too complicated and too techy. And for what? Is there anything worth watching. Give me the radio anytime.

9 hours ago, colincostello said:

I have not had a TV for years and I do not really miss it. Looking at the above posts , it all seems too complicated and too techy. And for what? Is there anything worth watching. Give me the radio anytime.

Do you have a 12yr old in your household?

On 1/13/2022, 2:49:32, Gambatte said:

I'm too green to like anything about cars.

But I love cycling and bicycles, including repairs.

Still moving?

I love bikes too! I have a love/hate relationship with automobiles for the same reason you don't like them.

On 1/13/2022, 2:49:32, Gambatte said:

This is odd, sounds almost like a dating negotiation. 😳🤣. I'm a straight happily married male father.

Me too! Hehe.

Well, happy is a stretch.

On 1/13/2022, 12:42:35, kaffeemitmilch said:

Watching our 50" HomeX fire TV 4k right now. Hotel Transylvania 4, good film.

Here what I learnt:

1) 50" is a monster, too big, will send it back for the next smaller one.

2) Super easy to set up and use.

3) quality super good,

4) WLAN, so all kabellos apart power, is fast enough

5) if they offered me 10x better resolution for an extra 1€ I'd say no thanks

If you had gone to a real store, you would have gotten a much better feeling about sizes. My TV is 32 inches (80 cm). That’s fine for me and isn’t the centerpiece of my living room.

5 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

If you had gone to a real store, you would have gotten a much better feeling about sizes.

Probably true. 

But we did the "cardboard test" and all 3 of us thought 50" was optimum.

Ah, Luke, another like Panda and me. It's much more about the feeling of the room than optimum viewing distances etc.

30 minutes ago, Gambatte said:

50" is a monster, too big, will send it back for the next smaller one.

:lol:

On 11/01/2022, 11:30:10, PandaMunich said:

By that time, I was sick of buying TVs and having to send them back

Not sure what Panda's final score was - I think you might need about 4 returns to beat her! 

2 hours ago, Gambatte said:

1) 50" is a monster, too big, will send it back for the next smaller one.

Before you do that, please ask your family whether they also think that the 50" one should be returned.

And if they agree, order the 43" TV now, not only after Amazon has reimbursed you the money for the 50" TV (which going by my experience will only happen 2 to 3 weeks after Amazon has received it), so as not to create resentment by giving the impression that you're taking away a new "toy".

You may think 2 to 3 weeks is just a trifle, but for a child, it isn't.

Please also take care that you buy the one "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon" and not the one sold by the Amazon MarketPlace seller "We will shop you" at the same price.

You do not want to buy it from a MarketPlace seller with a 92% approval rating who will start debating things should you ever need the warranty. 

--> only buy directly from Amazon.

I had a smartphone die on me after 23 months and since I had bought it directly from Amazon, they sent out a new one for free the next day. 

6 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

I had a smartphone die on me after 23 months and since I had bought it directly from Amazon, they sent out a new one for free the next day. 

Well, will not hurt Jeff 😀.

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

Not sure what Panda's final score was - I think you might need about 4 returns to beat her! 

At least ;)

It was a bad week: 2 TVs, plus that Panasonic DMP-BDT184EG blu-ray player that broke down every time I hit the pause button and its HDMI cable - all except the 32" Philips TV went back:

rsz_1screenshot_20220114-230904_chrome.j

I had also bought an electric coffee grinder with a Kegelmahlwerk (that's the "better" type) that week to grind very fine coffee powder for Turkish mocha, it even said in the item name that it was suited to grind at that ultra fine Turkish mocha level.

Well, the first thing I saw when I opened the box was a big red flyer stating that is not to be used at that ultra fine Turkish mocha setting!

So it also went back.

@Panda

We bought from marketplace I'm afraid. But my experience with returns with them, is not great but not bad either.

Amazon says the vendor will soon send us the return label. Once I got the return label, we'll order the next one. Down time should be 2-3 days.

The wish to downgrade is actually unanimous.

Of course I see "where you're coming from"😏, thanks for your thoughts, I think we're safe on this detail.