Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Limit on wine (taking back for my own personal use)

7 posts in this topic

Maybe a somewhat strange and unusual question -

I am due to potentially fly back to the UK for 2 weeks towards the end of May.

I would like to take back some particular german red wine with me in my big suitcase which will go in the hold.

(

I managed to get back last September (2021) and previous to that November 2019.)

My question (deadly serious) is:

Due to Brexit, are there any limits about how many bottles I can take back in my suitcase

e.g. I was hoping to take back 2-3.

As silly as it sounds, I just thought I would double check just to be on the safe side, as I didn’t want any stress.

All and any constructive feedback is most welcome!!

Well, assuming the wine isn't sparkling, his limiting factor is definitely weight :lol: 19l on a plane! Hilarious!

I see you only want 2 or 3 - you are seriously undersupplying your future self :lol:

1 hour ago, kiplette said:

Well, assuming the wine isn't sparkling, his limiting factor is definitely weight :lol: 19l on a plane! Hilarious!

What? You never saw a guy carrying 4 boxes of wine with 6 bottles each 👻.

23 hours ago, DannyThru said:

I would like to take back some particular german red wine with me in my big suitcase which will go in the hold.

Think carefully about this!

I remember the story back in the 1980s whilst involved in High-Energy Physics research at DESY (Hamburg) when one of the students asked his supervisor to bring out a bottle of Ribena (blackcurrent concentrate for you non-Brits) to impress his landlady.

Supervisor collected his luggage with an ominous dark red stain and when the case was opened it was not just his socks that were permamently dyed!

Yup - I took a 6 pack of kitschy Oktoberfest beer to SA for my family there, and spent much time on the internetty researching fail safe methods for carrying fizzy beer in glass bottles in the hold of an aircraft- Went well, no problems, but definitely worth putting the effort in!