Problems with remaining balance with Alditalk

35 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, andrew_ysk said:

How do you cut cost  and move on ? i can't do anything (because it was still not clear to me what have just happened.. it was just like a dream) but continue to live my life.

You can change to another provider.  Not that there is any guarantee that it will be better.  I have another SIM with Fonic and they will also dump you into a higher data rate if you don't have money in your account to continue a plan.

Who has not been ripped off by their phone provider ? Part of life. And yes, it sucks.

Hi Andrew, yes, this happened to me too, albeit it with a different pre-paid provider.

I read a bunch of reviews from other people that had the same experience.  Loaded up so-and-so much per month and the remaining amount suddenly started going missing.  Personally, I had used them for a number of years before I started noticing this.  Used to be that when I would load up €5, it would pair up with the leftover €5 from the €15 I loaded up the month before.  It was a little fishy for a while and I thought it was my own error, somehow.  Then I started trying to load up amounts that would allow me to not have to do it every month and kept founding that I always came up short the next month.  So, I decided to only load up exactly as much as I need.  Luckily for me, I use the small plan which only costs €9.99 but of course the website only allows you to load up in amounts of €5 or €15--I think they do this purposely so they can steal your money!  But, I decided to just start loading up five and then another five, even if it meant going through two transactions.  I'd rather do that then get robbed by them any longer!

The reviews I've read from people complaining about this go back for years.  If there is anything one can do about it, no one seems to have shared it anywhere publicly that I can see.

On 6/15/2022, 7:25:38, msands said:

Hi Andrew, yes, this happened to me too, albeit it with a different pre-paid provider.

I read a bunch of reviews from other people that had the same experience.  Loaded up so-and-so much per month and the remaining amount suddenly started going missing.  Personally, I had used them for a number of years before I started noticing this.  Used to be that when I would load up €5, it would pair up with the leftover €5 from the €15 I loaded up the month before.  It was a little fishy for a while and I thought it was my own error, somehow.  Then I started trying to load up amounts that would allow me to not have to do it every month and kept founding that I always came up short the next month.  So, I decided to only load up exactly as much as I need.  Luckily for me, I use the small plan which only costs €9.99 but of course the website only allows you to load up in amounts of €5 or €15--I think they do this purposely so they can steal your money!  But, I decided to just start loading up five and then another five, even if it meant going through two transactions.  I'd rather do that then get robbed by them any longer!

The reviews I've read from people complaining about this go back for years.  If there is anything one can do about it, no one seems to have shared it anywhere publicly that I can see.

I see. So i am not the only one.  People get used to it already i think; they think it is just small money small issue, wasting time to bother about it.  just like frog being boiled slowly in luke warm water. 

So you are complaining that when your data plan finishes and you continue using data you have to pay for on-the-go data with no plan which is very expensive?   Maybe you should have read the terms of service because accepting them.   How about you do not use data when you have no data plan?  It is not rocket science, your phone has a toggle to deactivate data and AldiTalk sends you and SMS two days before it happens.

I really fail to understand what you want them to do.

49 minutes ago, Krieg said:

So you are complaining that when your data plan finishes and you continue using data you have to pay for on-the-go data with no plan which is very expensive?   Maybe you should have read the terms of service because accepting them.   How about you do not use data when you have no data plan?  It is not rocket science, your phone has a toggle to deactivate data and AldiTalk sends you and SMS two days before it happens.

I really fail to understand what you want them to do.

No, not about that what you said.
it is something else.

Let me explain (hopefully correct) . what i think is, for my minimum net surfing plan of 3.99 / month of 1 GB data. It said when quota is used up, you still can surf, but at low speed..

Then at the same time, 1 month just reached, and it stopped my net traffic totally. I was not aware of it.. hence i check alditalk app to see what is the problem by checking the balance and date of expiry.  I have noticed it is 0 euro and expired 1 month, hence i topped up 5 euro  via  (can't remember thru aldi app or by phone call). Then i still don't have internet.. when i checked again, it still said 0 euro!.  I was not at home that time.

That's pissed me off.. where is the 5 euro that i just topped up ?  my plan is 3.99euro .. Hence i said it was like a dream.. i wasn't sure what's going on.. but i know 1 thing - the 5 euro i just topped up vanished into thin air.. and i don't have internet to use that whole day (because i was not at home).   I still not sure what really was going on that time.. 

Since 1 month has expired, then i shldn't be able to top up the aldi account anymore, how come i manage to top up 5 euro ?? (i know i have topped up 5 euro, because aldi sms me of the confirmation).  What pissed me off is that i just topped up 5 euro, and it vanished into thin air!  My monthly plan was just 3.99euro !

I am not bother with this issue anymore (no time to waste my time on aldi), but i still want to know WHY and what just happened, so that i won't let Aldi has opportunity to repeat the same crooked craft on me again.

When the data plan expires putting more money is not enough, you have no plan.  You have to go again and choose a new plan.   Otherwise you continue surfing at very expensive no-plan prices.

Again, you are failing to understand your contract and you are here calling them names.

11 minutes ago, Krieg said:

When the data plan expires putting more money is not enough, you have no plan.  You have to go again and choose a new plan.   Otherwise you continue surfing at very expensive no-plan prices.

Again, you are failing to understand your contract and you are here calling them names.

Ok, you said when the data plan expired, i will have no plan (because need to reactivate them manually), that i understand.
That's could the the reason why i can top up aldi balance via alditalk (i am using expensive traffic cost to top up. successful topping up, that's why it sms me). But i still don't have  internet; when checked (no sure now what method i used to check the balance ) it is 0 euro.
That's was like a dream to me.. I just topped up 5 euro and it is immediately 0 balance.. .. How on earth that happened ??  at least it should be like 4 euro, or 3 euro or 2 euro.. can't be 0 euro straight away ... That's bothersome to me. Can you explain or suggest a reason how can that happened ?  When i said immediately, i meant immediately it is 0 euro (maybe within 2 to 3 minutes time frame).  5Euro used in that short time frame ? or it let me use expensive traffic rate in "minus" and when i topped up 5 euro, it took up all the 5 euro to balance up the "minus" ? if the later is the reason, than that is called "entrapment".

5 EUR with no plan will only last you some minutes or even seconds.   Just some background FB updates or whatever will eat your money.   It is 29c per MB, it is crazy expensive.

@andrew_ysk

What you need to do to avoid this ever happening to you again: 

1. deactive mobile data in your phone: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-turn-off-cellular-data-on-android
    You also need to deactivate your mobile data every time you travel outside the EU, or you will owe hundreds of € in roaming fees!
  2. top-up the credit on your phone.
  3. book a plan (= Option), e.g Kombi-Paket S: https://www.alditalk.de/kombi-paket-s
  4. switch the AldiTalk payment over to a debit from your bank account, AldiTalk will then simply debit the amount for your plan (if you chose Kombipaket S, 7.99€) every 28 days from your bank account. This means that you will never ever be without a plan again, so this problem can never occur again (unless you don't have 7.99€ in your bank account and the debit therefore bounces - but if that is the case, you have bigger problems): https://www-alditalk-de.translate.goog/bezahlung-per-bankkonto?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp
  5. activate mobile data in your phone again.

By the way, going the "please debit the amount from my bank account every 28 days" is also the only way you can apply to get VAT invoices (= Rechnungen), which you will need as proof for your business expenses if you are using this mobile phone for your business:

62ab2a24788c2_2022-06-1614_59_00-MeinALD

62ab2a2835796_2022-06-1615_00_21-MeinALD

On 6/16/2022, 12:59:17, andrew_ysk said:

No, not about that what you said.
it is something else.

Let me explain (hopefully correct) . what i think is, for my minimum net surfing plan of 3.99 / month of 1 GB data. It said when quota is used up, you still can surf, but at low speed..

Then at the same time, 1 month just reached, and it stopped my net traffic totally. I was not aware of it.. hence i check alditalk app to see what is the problem by checking the balance and date of expiry.  I have noticed it is 0 euro and expired 1 month, hence i topped up 5 euro  via  (can't remember thru aldi app or by phone call). Then i still don't have internet.. when i checked again, it still said 0 euro!.  I was not at home that time.

That's pissed me off.. where is the 5 euro that i just topped up ?  my plan is 3.99euro .. Hence i said it was like a dream.. i wasn't sure what's going on.. but i know 1 thing - the 5 euro i just topped up vanished into thin air.. and i don't have internet to use that whole day (because i was not at home).   I still not sure what really was going on that time.. 

Since 1 month has expired, then i shldn't be able to top up the aldi account anymore, how come i manage to top up 5 euro ?? (i know i have topped up 5 euro, because aldi sms me of the confirmation).  What pissed me off is that i just topped up 5 euro, and it vanished into thin air!  My monthly plan was just 3.99euro !

I am not bother with this issue anymore (no time to waste my time on aldi), but i still want to know WHY and what just happened, so that i won't let Aldi has opportunity to repeat the same crooked craft on me again.

I know just what you mean.  I can appreciate the others' attempts to explain or rationalize it, but it still doesn't make sense and isn't right.  You said your money would be gone immediately and I believe that and it's not right. No matter how it is explained away--it is predatory.

What's more, it's not limited to situations where your credit runs out and then you are there without an active subscription for any matter of minutes or days.  I actually started to suspect something like this was happening--that my cellular data was somehow eating the money, even though I had cellular data turned off or was in my home where my phone was connected to my own wi-fi.  So I made extra sure to top up my account before it actually ran out.  I did this for probably 6-7 months.  Every time I got the sms that my credit was about to run out, I loaded up €15 or €5.  In the months that I loaded €15--BEFORE the credit ran out--I was able to use the plan.  But the next month when I would load up €5--BEFORE the plan ran out--the money was always gone and I got a message that there weren't enough funds to activate my phone.  Sometimes I would check my balance on the app right after I loaded up the €15.  After taking the €9.99, there should be at least €5 left.  But every time I checked, there would be a strange amount like €1,22.  How does that make sense?  What am I paying for in such strange amounts, WHILE my plan has been paid for on time and I wasn't roaming or having cellular data on or even using the internet a single time.

It is theft, you are right.  All these other circumstances are well and good but the point is that no matter what you do to try to get around being robbed by them, they do it anyway and don't explain what it is for.  If you're a prepaid customer the service is basically zero so good luck trying to get a reasonable answer from them about it.  

You're not wrong.  They are crooks.

3 hours ago, msands said:

You're not wrong.  They are crooks.

To add to that accusation, while @PandaMunich may be technically correct, just where in the webpage are the navigations shown necessary to make these changes? FAQs?  They certainly aren't obvious to me and that is by design.

6 hours ago, catjones said:

To add to that accusation, while @PandaMunich may be technically correct, just where in the webpage are the navigations shown necessary to make these changes? FAQs?  They certainly aren't obvious to me and that is by design.

I think so too.  They want you to run out of credits so you'll be bumped off the plan and over to the 24 cents/MB rate until they've received your manual top up.  I have even had an argument with them once after they sent me a text stating my top up went in and my data plan was activated again except it wasn't.  They maintained that it might take them a couple of days to actually receive the top up regardless of the text.  I'm letting my Aldi number die now.  I haven't been using it much and you used to just have to top up about once a year but a couple of years ago they started requiring every 3 months and it just adds up in there because I'm not using it.  Last time, I booked a plan for all my credits but lo and behold it didn't work because even though I had plenty of money on it, I still hadn't topped up in 3 months.

Like, literally, EVERY pre-paid data plan works like that in Germany.   If you are unaware and to you not read the conditions you will be bitten once and you learn the lesson.