Problems with remaining balance with Alditalk

44 posts in this topic

Just received sms from aldi talk saying not enough credit to continue to use. I recalled correctly i have over 1euro remain in aldtalk app since last purchase of internet flat rate plan.

I thought the plan has expired. hence it auto deduct my the remaining money counting internet by Megabyte.

Immediately  used alditalk app to top up (min allowable value ) 5euro..

I didn't get any sms of confirmation that alditalk have successfully received 5 euro from my bank (usually it always sms confimation)

I purchased 3.99 internet flat rate 1G . I received the confirmation via sms that my internet flat rate is active, has got almost 1Gig left to use.

When i check back my remaining value, it shows 0 euro remaining.. there suppose to be 1.01 euro remain (5 - 3.99= 1.01).

Where did the 1 euro gone ? stolen by aldi talk ?

This happened to me twice (at least twice i noticed it)..

Has anybody notice such thing from aldi talk ?  i suspect they just take away small money.. because nobody will bother to raise the issue because it is so troublesome for just so small money.. That's why they keep doing it.. I have no idea how alditalk works.. is it the workers that stolen the small money ? 

There were a movie that i watched before.. a programmer for bank,  he wrote a small program that round up the remaining small pennies from all bank customer everytime they do transaction (because nobody care about pennies)  and send to his own dedicated account.. over the course of few years.. he became millionaire..

No idea if this movie reacted in alditalk.  :mellow:

I have been with AldiTalk for yonks, i.e. probably about 15 years. Never have I ever had any problems, and no, I highly doubt "the workers... stolen the small money". <_<

Do what @LukeSkywalker said, and get in touch with Aldi about your problem. No one on here is going to be able to help you, particularly as your explanations are far from clear. 

I had this with a different provider. You go over the limit (background data running inadvertantly), they bill you the excess. As long as you have credit. So I never leave any credit on my account. They cut you off if you have zero credit of course but they cannot deduct what is not on your account.

22 hours ago, optimista said:

I had this with a different provider. You go over the limit (background data running inadvertantly), they bill you the excess. As long as you have credit. So I never leave any credit on my account. They cut you off if you have zero credit of course but they cannot deduct what is not on your account.

That is same with aldi.. I used to have all remaining credit in alditalk account being drained until 0euro left.

The problem is, alditalk purposely make it that you can only pay 5euro min.. while the internet account is 3.99euro ..  hence i always have remaining credit in the alditalk acc.. And when i have exceeded usage,  they will charge it by Mbyte.. hence usually when i realized (they sent sms when the account is emptied) .. usually is too late..

But now, i think alditalk throttle your surfing speed after exceed surfing volume.

This is a different story.

What i experienced yesterday was, i just banked 5 euro into aldi talk and purchased 3,99 plan.. and when i look back into acc balance.. it is 0.00 euro straight away .. it is Impossible for me to finish 1 euro via surfing (just to do online 5 euro banking using alditalk app).

On 1/4/2022, 3:40:20, the.frollein said:

I have been with AldiTalk for yonks, i.e. probably about 15 years. Never have I ever had any problems, and no, I highly doubt "the workers... stolen the small money". <_<

Do what @LukeSkywalker said, and get in touch with Aldi about your problem. No one on here is going to be able to help you, particularly as your explanations are far from clear. 

@LukeSkywalker Yes, i emailed them yesterday regarding this aspect, and today, they replied simply didn't answer my question !

I was pissed yerterday (because i have had experienced this before with alditalk too and there is no way for me to do anything .  Hence i wrote like this.

Hallo
Ich habe heute morgen SMS von alditalk erhalten: "Ihr Guthaben betragt weniger als 1 euro. fur die weitere Nutzung ist ausreichend Guthaben notwendig."
Ich habe sofort mit der Alditalk-App 5 Euro über meine Bank aufgeladen. (Ich habe den Kontoauszug von der Bank bei mir, 5 Euro abgezogen). Warum diesemal bekomme ich keine SMS von alditalk erhalten ? Normalerweise sendet alditalk immer Bestätigungs-SMS das 5 Euro von meiner Bank erhalten hat !!
Ich habe über die alditalk-App eine Internetflatrate 3,99 gebuchtet.
Warum zeigt Alditalk dass ich 0 Euro übrig habe?
wo sind die restlichen 1,01 euro? gefressen werden ??

Warte auf deinen Antwortbrief .
MfG

Sehr geehrter ALDI TALK Kunde,

für Ihre Rufnummer 015xxxxxxxxxx wurde die Tarifoption Internet Flatrate S gebucht und der Optionspreis von Ihrem Bankkonto eingezogen. Wie gewünscht haben Sie hierfür eine Rechnung erhalten, die Sie in Ihrer ALDI TALK App oder im Kundenportal unter www.meinalditalk.de einsehen und herunterladen können. Freundliche Grüße
Ihr ALDI TALK Team

Unsere Kontaktmöglichkeiten:
E-Mail: alditalk@eplus.de
www.alditalk.de
Postanschrift:
E-Plus Service GmbH,
E-Plus-Straße 1, 40472 Düsseldorf
Sitz: Düsseldorf (AG Düsseldorf, HRB 74152)
Geschäftsführung: Markus Haas, Valentina Daiber, Nicole Gerhardt, Alfons Lösing, Wolfgang Metze, Mallik Rao, Markus Rolle.

Bitte antworten Sie nicht auf diese E-Mail.

Is there where consumer can file complain so that it escalate the issue so that they will have to explain to me where the bits of credit went to ?

It is not that 1 euro is a big deal, but it consistently doing like this .. don't know how many people suffer the same thing without knowing what to do or where can do anything to such a big company, it is this that get me mad!!

Where in alditalk portal i can download the Rechnung ? i was in the  alditalk account.. i didn't see anywhere i can download the rechnung..

I only saw huge 0 euro in my account. ..

Did you check your settings ? Data roaming, mobile data, background activity by apps ? Check your whatsapp settings for wifi only downloads.

Sounds like something is going on in the background.

If you go to Konto - Daten - Kontoübersicht you should be able to see something. Like usage etc.

I'm not losing any credits on Aldi-Talk. After they started making it a requirement to load up every 3 months it's just accumulating because I don't use it much.

It is possible that your phone was using data before your Flatrate kicked in.

This may be a stupid question but have you checked in your bank account that €5 was actually taken out?

This:

""für Ihre Rufnummer 015xxxxxxxxxx wurde die Tarifoption Internet Flatrate S gebucht und der Optionspreis von Ihrem Bankkonto eingezogen"

sounds like Aldi took the €3.99 from your bank account by direct debit. They might never have received the €5 you tried to pay via the app. Hence you didn't get the confirmatory sms.

Just a thought :)

On 1/5/2022, 8:58:47, Prosie said:

This may be a stupid question but have you checked in your bank account that €5 was actually taken out?

Just a thought :)

Yes, i have check and even did a print shot that it draws 5 euro from bank. Anyway, Aldi draw a minimum of 5 euro.. because the prepaid value is 5 euro min..

On 1/5/2022, 6:44:22, optimista said:

Did you check your settings ? Data roaming, mobile data, background activity by apps ? Check your whatsapp settings for wifi only downloads.

Sounds like something is going on in the background.

Ya, i hope it is due to some apk drawing tremendous amount of data that i hollowed up the the remaining 1.01 euro in no time..   because when i questioned aldi, they never reply me directly.. their reply is like has got nothing to do with your question.

Most likely aldi deploy telephony and customer service service from India or some 3rd world country which they simply answer anyhow according to written script prepared by aldi..  cheap labour.

Total non sequitur. A technique. It's known as a fob-off. How to get rid of difficult client.

1 minute ago, optimista said:

Total non sequitur. A technique. It's known as a fob-off.

Sorry, dont understand what you meant. .. Your msg is too "high level " for me.

It's not an accident they answer you this way. It could be intentional.

20 hours ago, optimista said:

It's not an accident they answer you this way. It could be intentional.

I see.. bad business model

On 1/5/2022, 10:55:06, andrew_ysk said:

That is same with aldi.. I used to have all remaining credit in alditalk account being drained until 0euro left.

The problem is, alditalk purposely make it that you can only pay 5euro min.. while the internet account is 3.99euro ..  hence i always have remaining credit in the alditalk acc.. And when i have exceeded usage,  they will charge it by Mbyte.. hence usually when i realized (they sent sms when the account is emptied) .. usually is too late..

But now, i think alditalk throttle your surfing speed after exceed surfing volume.

This is a different story.

What i experienced yesterday was, i just banked 5 euro into aldi talk and purchased 3,99 plan.. and when i look back into acc balance.. it is 0.00 euro straight away .. it is Impossible for me to finish 1 euro via surfing (just to do online 5 euro banking using alditalk app).

This is my experience with ALDI. It's the 2nd time this has happened - last time was in January 2022. I am an Australian IT forensics engineer. Telco scams in Germany are out of control. In Australia subscription scams were outlawed under Australian Consumer Law (&TPA) before smart phones even appeared. ALDI's breach of the GDPR is, IMHO, the segue into a possible criminal act, but I doubt the authorities will want to do anything about a 11€ theft. That's how they get away with it. A little bit at a time. They will act if we all get together and demand an end to mobile phone subscription scams by the DE telco's.

(NB: I have Google Translate'ed from the German...)

<QUOTE>

Hello AldiTalk,

the person speaking to my visually impaired wife today called her "DUMB" because she couldn't hear him. She couldn't hear him because ALDI's cell phone coverage is completely useless in our residential area. When he called our landline number back and before she could even speak, he became even more aggressive and abusive. I offered to take my extremely distraught wife's call and asked him to reply via email.

The original complaint is:

"• On May 20th, my 1GB internet option ended and the internet service stopped working as expected. Later that day I uploaded €10 credit. I had access to wifi and didn't have to book an internet option. My mobile data setting was also still on. Although my internet was previously not working on these settings, without my further consent, Aldi immediately relied on my credit and charged me the highest rate, rather than refusing internet service as they had the day before. Two days later my entire credit (over 10 €) was used up. Please refund my entire balance (approx. €11)."

ALDI's reply is:

" Your smartphone or tablet constantly connects to the internet in the background to update apps and data. The nearest free WiFi network serves as access.

If the contact breaks off, your device uses the mobile Internet via the SIM card. Then you pay 0.24 EUR/MB in the basic tariff. Costs can even arise if you have switched off mobile data on your device. Here's how to avoid it:

Please go to "Connections > WLAN > Advanced" or "Mobile Network" in your smartphone's settings. There simply "switch to mobile data" or switch off "WLAN support". Now the automatic switch to the Internet via the SIM card is prevented.

Further information can be found in the operating instructions for your mobile phone and the software description for the operating system.

Perhaps you would also like to fully enjoy the mobile capabilities of your smartphone? with one of our high-speed Internet offers. Information is available at www.alditalk.de.
 We wish you a pleasant day."

ALDI's email reply ignores the complaint. Instead, ALDI's response is an admission of the following:

1. ALDI uses the smartphone function "Automatic switch to the Internet via the SIM card" to create opportunities for ALDI to steal credit from the customer without warning.

2. ALDI refuses to take responsibility for services being automatically reconnected immediately and without warning once the balance is topped up and then their balance being accessed immediately before any "option" can be selected by the customer.

3. If the customer's credit is completely used up and the current "option period" expires, ALDI switches off the service completely and the customer cannot use the SIM card for the Internet. If the phone tries to connect to the internet via the SIM card at this point, the connection will be rejected by ALDI. This leads the customer to believe that if more credit is loaded, they will not be able to use the SIM card until an "option" has been selected.

4. As soon as ALDI credit is topped up by the customer, it is automatically activated again immediately. ALDI immediately uses the credit that has just been topped up at the highest "community" tariff, instead of refusing the connection until the customer selects an "option".

5. For reasons of clarity, ALDI does not allow the customer to select the community tariff. Instead, ALDI forces the customer to use the community tariff. The customer is not even informed about this. This violates the Federal Data Protection Act as this ADLI exploit ONLY exploits customers who are UNAWARE that their service reconnection will result in an immediate use of their credit at the highest "Community" rate before they have a chance to select an "Option".

6. This ALDI exploit forces the customer to unnecessarily turn off the "automatic switching to the Internet via SIM card" when they run out of credit, for no other reason than to prevent ALDI from stealing their credit. If the customer forgets this, he becomes a victim of the exploit.

This exploit typically consumes a month of credit in less than 2 days. Again and again, customers can become victims of this exploit, which ALDI regards as “DUMB”.

The above constitutes a well-documented global telephony crime known as "cell phone subscription fraud". It's theft, pure and simple.

Therefore, please refund the €11 as requested.

Also, please don't call me or my wife "DUMB" or treat us like idiots.

<UNQUOTE>

On 1/5/2022, 10:55:06, andrew_ysk said:

This is also my experience with ALDI. It's the 2nd time this has happened - last time was in January 2022. I am an Australian IT forensics engineer and IMHO Telco scams are out of control in Germany. In Australia subscription scams were outlawed under Australian Consumer Law (&TPA) before smart phones even appeared.

If you dont select an "option" immediately after loading credit, or you let your credit go to zero, then the service is put onto the highest "community" rate. Immediately!!!!

If you have no credit ALDI wont let you download or make calls/SMS and this creates a false sense of security enabling entrapment. As soon as you upload credit again, the trap shuts and you are put on the highest "community" rate, even if you were on a different rate "option" before. you are not notified about this WHEN IT HAPPENS, which ALDI are required to do. Instead they claim their ToC was that notification. So it's not a legitimate "option" because under particular conditions the option is snatched away without your knowing. You are forced onto the community rate and the proof it is a scam is that your credit was depleted to zero AND you need a forensic engineer to explain to you how the scam works (ALDI wont). If you had selected the "community" option, or knew about it, then you wouldn't have being asking here WTF just happened. 

ALDI's breach of the GDPR is, IMHO, the segue into a possible criminal act, but I doubt the authorities will want to do anything about a 11€ theft. That's how they get away with it. A little bit at a time. Authorities will act if we all get together and demand an end to mobile phone subscription scams by the DE telco's.

Anyone got any ideas about how to motivate the locals to start a riot over this???

Hello AldiTalk,

the person speaking to my visually impaired wife today called her "DUMB" because she couldn't hear him. She couldn't hear him because ALDI's cell phone coverage is completely useless in our residential area. When he called our landline number back and before she could even speak, he became even more aggressive and abusive. I offered to take my extremely distraught wife's call and asked him to reply via email.

The original complaint is:

"• On May 20th, my 1GB internet option ended and the internet service stopped working as expected. Later that day I uploaded 10 € credit. I had access to wifi and didn't have to book an internet option. My mobile data setting was also still on. Although my internet was previously not working on these settings, without my further consent, Aldi immediately accessed my credit and charged me at the highest rate, rather than refusing internet service as they had the day before. Two days later my entire credit (over 10 €) was used up. Please refund my entire balance (approx. 11 €)."

ALDI's reply is:

" Your smartphone or tablet constantly connects to the internet in the background to update apps and data. The nearest free WiFi network serves as access.

If the contact breaks off, your device uses the mobile Internet via the SIM card. Then you pay 0.24 EUR/MB in the basic tariff. Costs can even arise if you have switched off mobile data on your device. Here's how to avoid it:

Please go to "Connections > WLAN > Advanced" or "Mobile Network" in your smartphone's settings. There simply "switch to mobile data" or switch off "WLAN support". Now the automatic switch to the Internet via the SIM card is prevented.

Further information can be found in the operating instructions for your mobile phone and the software description for the operating system.

Perhaps you would also like to fully enjoy the mobile capabilities of your smartphone? with one of our high-speed Internet offers. Information is available at www.alditalk.de.
 We wish you a pleasant day."

ALDI's email reply ignores the complaint. Instead, ALDI's response is an admission of the following:

1. ALDI uses the smartphone function "Automatic switch to the Internet via the SIM card" to create opportunities for ALDI to steal credit from the customer without warning.

2. ALDI refuses to take responsibility for services being automatically reconnected immediately and without warning once the balance is topped up and then their balance being accessed immediately before any "option" can be selected by the customer.

3. If the customer's credit is completely used up and the current "option period" expires, ALDI switches off the service completely and the customer cannot use the SIM card for the Internet. If the phone tries to connect to the internet via the SIM card at this point, the connection will be rejected by ALDI. This leads the customer to believe that if more credit is loaded, they will not be able to use the SIM card until an "option" has been selected.

4. As soon as ALDI credit is topped up by the customer, it is automatically activated again immediately. ALDI immediately uses the credit that has just been topped up at the highest "community" tariff, instead of refusing the connection until the customer selects an "option".

5. For reasons of clarity, ALDI does not allow the customer to select the community tariff. Instead, ALDI forces the customer to use the community tariff. The customer is not even informed about this. This violates the Federal Data Protection Act as this ADLI exploit ONLY exploits customers who are UNAWARE that their service reconnection will result in an immediate use of their credit at the highest "Community" rate before they have a chance to select an "Option".

6. This ALDI exploit forces the customer to unnecessarily turn off the "automatic switching to the Internet via SIM card" when they run out of credit, for no other reason than to prevent ALDI from stealing their credit. If the customer forgets this, he becomes a victim of the exploit.

This exploit typically consumes a month of credit in less than 2 days. Again and again, customers can become victims of this exploit, which ALDI regards as “DUMB”.

The above constitutes a well-documented global telephony crime known as "cell phone subscription fraud". It's theft, pure and simple.

Therefore, please refund the €11 as requested.

Also, please don't call me or my wife "DUMB" or treat us like idiots.

Yeah, we're stupid because ALDI deceived us. That's what they think. They think its quite ok to deceive people, and then blame those people for trusting them. 

These people are scumbag criminals of the lowest order making an absolute killing from fraud. Make no mistake.

When any situation gets as complicated and convoluted as these, I cut my losses and move on.  Germany really has no consumer protections and their companies (across the board) know this.  "Principles" are very costly.

1 hour ago, wikiwebs said:

This is also my experience with ALDI. It's the 2nd time this has happened - last time was in January 2022. I am an Australian IT forensics engineer and IMHO Telco scams are out of control in Germany. In Australia subscription scams were outlawed under Australian Consumer Law (&TPA) before smart phones even appeared.

If you dont select an "option" immediately after loading credit, or you let your credit go to zero, then the service is put onto the highest "community" rate. Immediately!!!!

If you have no credit ALDI wont let you download or make calls/SMS and this creates a false sense of security enabling entrapment. As soon as you upload credit again, the trap shuts and you are put on the highest "community" rate, even if you were on a different rate "option" before. you are not notified about this WHEN IT HAPPENS, which ALDI are required to do. Instead they claim their ToC was that notification. So it's not a legitimate "option" because under particular conditions the option is snatched away without your knowing. You are forced onto the community rate and the proof it is a scam is that your credit was depleted to zero AND you need a forensic engineer to explain to you how the scam works (ALDI wont). If you had selected the "community" option, or knew about it, then you wouldn't have being asking here WTF just happened. 

ALDI's breach of the GDPR is, IMHO, the segue into a possible criminal act, but I doubt the authorities will want to do anything about a 11€ theft. That's how they get away with it. A little bit at a time. Authorities will act if we all get together and demand an end to mobile phone subscription scams by the DE telco's.

Anyone got any ideas about how to motivate the locals to start a riot over this???

Yeah, we're stupid because ALDI deceived us. That's what they think. They think its quite ok to deceive people, and then blame those people for trusting them. 

These people are scumbag criminals of the lowest order making an absolute killing from fraud. Make no mistake.

Thank you for sharing your knowing. Now i know what have happened. It happened, and i thought i was day dreaming or something. Now i know that's how phone service provider all over the world "scam" subscribers... I just told my wife about what you think has had happened, and she told me she also noticed that happened once to her.

I am still like not sure what actually have happened and what you tried to explain.

You meant after i used up all my internet mobile data quota, then my balance is 0 eur, but i still can do internet surfing ?

but then when I loaded 5 euro into alditalk acc, Alditalk will immediately deducting from the 5Euro at 0.22cent / MB for the amount of data that i have used before i loaded the 5 euro ? hence the 5 euro became 0 euro within seconds.. ?!

That is outrage!

8 minutes ago, catjones said:

When any situation gets as complicated and convoluted as these, I cut my losses and move on.  Germany really has no consumer protections and their companies (across the board) know this.  "Principles" are very costly.

How do you cut cost  and move on ? i can't do anything (because it was still not clear to me what have just happened.. it was just like a dream) but continue to live my life.