Pension - Erklaeren meines Versicherungskonto

27 posts in this topic

@Heide_DE Did you do anything about this in the end?

Given all that has happened so far this year, my letter is just sitting in the pile looking at me accusingly and I'm still wondering what if anything to do about it.

On 25/03/2022, 12:27:15, pappnase said:

@Heide_DE Did you do anything about this in the end?

Given all that has happened so far this year, my letter is just sitting in the pile looking at me accusingly and I'm still wondering what if anything to do about it.

I filled out the forms online, about 4 weeks after that I received a letter from the place in Freiburg stating that it had been referred to Hamburg (I think). Not heard anything back since...

Oh Thanks for getting back to me. Do you remember which forms they were? My German isn't really good enough to search them out.

2 hours ago, pappnase said:

Oh Thanks for getting back to me. Do you remember which forms they were? My German isn't really good enough to search them out.

She had mentioned this form (click the link to download):  Antrag auf Kontenklärung V0100/4.2

I did this myself years ago, just found my forms that I filled out and it's the same one.

Edit: Digging further, I found that within 3 weeks of sending that form in, they sent me a letter stating they sent it to Hamburg.  Three months later, I got another request to fill out a form E207 detailing exactly where and when I worked while I lived in Iceland.  Two months later, they sent me a letter saying it is all verified.  Since then, they just send me letters telling me how meager my pension will be.

Takes a while, I applied by phone, months later I got a letter confirming that a request had been sent to an office in Wolverhampton. I guess my contributions to the UK pension scheme are then transferred to Germany so I get a single payment, is that right?

If you live in the East do you get the slightly lower Ost-Rente?

No, not quite right.  Your UK years will count towards your German pension and your German years will count towards your UK pension.  You will get 2 pensions: 1 from Germany; 1 from the UK.  That is the case if you are covered by the Withdrawal Agreement.  If you are not then there are very similar rules but they may be reviewed I think after about 15 years.

In the UK the only impact of the German years is to help you get past the minimum 10 years required to qualify for a UK new State Pension.

In Germany the rules work slightly differently because the German system is earnings-related, whereas the UK system looks only at qualifying years.  The Germans therefore do the full EU comparison - the higher of what you would get looking only at the German years and what you would get by applying the German rules to all years and pro-rating a pension based on your German years - which can increase your pension.

You claim your pension in your country of residence and they liaise with the other country