Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Many Brits denied entry at Innsbruck airport

33 posts in this topic

Over 100 Brits were denied entry to Austria at Innsbruck airport recently because they did not follow updated Covid restrictions. E.g. many did not have their Booster jab. The full story can be found on the BBC website.

Who is to blame? Easyjet , the airline concerned? The Austrians , for not updating their web sites? Or the passangers, for trying to travel abroad at such difficult times.

What may have happened is that this trips were booked a long time ago and rather than attempt to change them , people just turned up and  hoped for the best.

In my opinion , it is the fault of the passanges. Nobody should be going abroad at this difficult time. Trips that were planned long ago , before the Omicron variant appeared should be cancelled or postponed, unless they are essential.

8 minutes ago, colincostello said:

Who is to blame?

What about "nobody"? Why one is always looking for someone to blame instead of taking a deep breath and going to the pub (before the next lockdown). 

Whoever still did not learn that you do not buy air tickets in advance, you do not plan anything in advance, now they learned this. 

When the British mutation entered Israel, our crazy then-prime minister deported all non-Israeli passengers of the London-Tel Aviv flight. The flight was already in the air when travel from the UK was banned. He was finally outvoted. This shit can happen, any time, anywhere. Nobody to blame, this is adult life

I disagree that the solution is not to travel.

26 minutes ago, colincostello said:

Who is to blame? Easyjet , the airline concerned?

I think it would be difficult not to blame the airline, as I understand it they are obliged not to allow anyone to board a plane if they do not have the correct documentation required for entry at their destination airport. The airline should make sure they have and apply up to date requirements. It may well be very stupid to be booking a skiing holiday in these times but those passengers who did not comply should never have been allowed on board the plane.

The travelers are to blame. Things changed for us the day before our trip home to Germany and we handled it because we were watching the requirements. That's our job. As a result, we sailed through the entry check and received big smiles from the policeman handling the paperwork. I say it often and I mean it: Read more.

19 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

The travelers are to blame … I say it often and I mean it: Read more.

👍  It blows my mind that people wouldn’t bother checking the R&Rs during this pandemic. 🤦‍♀️  My son & granddaughter are flying to ZRH on Thursday from Armenia 🤞 and you better believe we are all on top of it.  Things change very quickly.  I have everything ready, and I’m braced for disappointment.  😝 

Many flew home but at their own expense. Even if they did gain entry , they may have had to quaratine. Each to his own , but I am not going abroad for the forseeable future.

Guess what? I would like a tropical getaway right now.

Ain't happening for the obvious reasons.

Now we have the idiots who went on big cruise ships (petri dishes) complaining about missing their ports of call, etc. because of Covid outbreaks. They are even complaining that they weren't informed for a whole day as if they could have gone somewhere else.

Puleeease.

31 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Guess what? I would like a tropical getaway right now.

Ain't happening for the obvious reasons.

Now we have the idiots who went on big cruise ships (petri dishes) complaining about missing their ports of call, etc. because of Covid outbreaks. They are even complaining that they weren't informed for a whole day as if they could have gone somewhere else.

Puleeease.

At least an outbreak is contained.

I know it's not great for the people in the aviation industry but I'm actually happy not to feel like I have to be flying here and there for the last couple of years. We were lucky to be able to go on holidays staying in Germany and we went to areas that in all likelihood we would never have gone to without Covid international flight restrictions. 

25 minutes ago, French bean said:

At least an outbreak is contained.

Not really. Many said they were tested on the ships and never got the results before they disembarked and flew home.

3 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Not really. Many said they were tested on the ships and never got the results before they disembarked and flew home.

Bugger!

51 minutes ago, pmd said:

I know it's not great for the people in the aviation industry but I'm actually happy not to feel like I have to be flying here and there for the last couple of years. We were lucky to be able to go on holidays staying in Germany and we went to areas that in all likelihood we would never have gone to without Covid international flight restrictions. 

I guess that would work if your family were all in Germany and not spread around the globe. For many of us, that’s unfortunately not the case. Believe me, I’d LOVE to skip the 14-hour flight to see my family. 

20 minutes ago, Santitas said:

I guess that would work if your family were all in Germany and not spread around the globe. For many of us, that’s unfortunately not the case. Believe me, I’d LOVE to skip the 14-hour flight to see my family. 

Sorry, yes, obviously it is really tough if you can't see family easily, especially if they are elderly. I meant more for journeys that friends and family assume you can make easily when it's not often the case. Apologies again.

6 hours ago, colincostello said:

Over 100 Brits were denied entry to Austria at Innsbruck airport recently because they did not follow updated Covid restrictions. E.g. many did not have their Booster jab. The full story can be found on the BBC website.

Who is to blame? Easyjet , the airline concerned? The Austrians , for not updating their web sites? Or the passangers, for trying to travel abroad at such difficult times.

The Austrians for not updating their website. That's just impossible. People can't read the latest stuff if it is not published. 

Easyjet did it to us. Kids#1&2 got through to the departure gate, and when they were next to go through and board, they were told easyjet had their own new rule implemented that day where passengers required a negative test certificate regardless of the country rules. All the transit passengers on their flight were rejected. The new rule was not published on their website, and they hadn't even written it on a bit of A4 and put it by the check-in. Stupid. The flight had been delayed, so people would have had time. Really upsetting, especially since they and the increasing crowd of rejects from other flights were now trapped in departures from which there is no easy escape and therefore no chance of getting a test done. 

Secret rules are no help in a pandemic.

Local opposition People's Party tourism spokesman Franz Hörl....said Health Minister Wolfgang Mückstein was to blame because the old restrictions were still showing on the relevant government websites.

From the BBC report. So if that's true, how the heck would Easyjet or their passengers know what to do? Not that I have any wish to excuse easyjet, who are royal turds, but being fair, I don't think they had control of the info in this case.

Link for the BBC report below.

According to that report the information had not been updated on the Austrian government websites so passengers, however foolish for taking a skiing holiday, were not to blame. I still say the airline should have known, the travel industry have other means of obtaining such info!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59808620

7 hours ago, kiplette said:

Secret rules are no help in a pandemic.

What s the difference between secret roolz, let s make it up as we go along and a uniform with a bit of power ?

Travellers travel at their peril at the moment. It is chaos. I am not doing it unless I really, really, really have to. Will things ever go back to how they once were ?

Skiing holidays ? :lol: