Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"Open" SIM

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I bought 2 "open" SIMS in Späti (one for Internet, one for calls. Now I'm not sure was it good idea. Those are Sims they are selling without asking for documents/ anonymous. - This is about the Internet one. I've noticed in registration-SMS one unknown email. Also one unknown location being searched on Instagram. Also it shows it had spent 21gb in 24h, I doubt my phone has spent so much. How to change it to my email and put PIN, and whatever other protection? It's Ortel. Thanks.

Carxofa,

It sounds like you bought previously activated (under someone else's name) and partially used SIM cards?  Normally you have to do video identification to activate a German SIM card or go to the Deutsche Post to show identification.  Why don't you just purchase a SIM card from Lidl, Aldi, Edeka, O2, Telekom, Vodafone or one of the many other providers and activate it correctly? 

S.

I understood this was a legal requirement in Germany, so the whole thing is probably illegal. Have those sim cards been stolen, or perhaps obtained using a stolen identity?