After work meet up for those who only think of their selfs!

157 posts in this topic

Apparently there was another "after work meet up" in Munich last night...

Some excerpts below, translated from an article in Die Tageszeitung about the "walkers", and the protest against them yesterday organized by the coalition Munich Solidarity ( https://twitter.com/MUCsolidarisch/ ), who announced: "For weeks, a small minority of "lateral thinkers" with their right-wing extremist allies & their deadly egoism have been tyrannizing Munich's city center. Tomorrow, 6pm Odeonsplatz, we want to confront this - for a way through the pandemic in solidarity!" There were about 1000 police in service to reign in the sometimes-violent action of the "walkers", though there were no incidents among the peaceful counter-demonstrators, who wore masks and observed social distancing.

The full article (in German) is here: https://taz.de/Coronademo-in-Muenchen/!5826835/

Surrounded in Marienplatz

6 January 2022 - Sarah Kohler

Wednesday evening on Odeonsplatz. While the opponents of vaccination are organizing themselves on Telegram for another "walk", the alliance "München solidarisch" has called for a counter-demonstration. More than 400 counter-demonstrators gathered, holding signs and waving flags. ... The protest against the "lateral thinkers" is diverse. Johannes from the young forum of the German-Israeli society emphasizes on this Wednesday evening that one thing is common: they want to get through the pandemic together and in solidarity. Noisy "walkers" on the right and on the left, they shout "freedom", "resistance", and insults. A chain of police stands between them and the demonstrators, a helicopter circles above the city, and around 7 p.m. the first flash of blue lights. ...

For several weeks, numerous people have been "walking" in Munich. They demonstrate for "peace and democracy" and they are dissatisfied with the corona measures, vaccination, politics. Last week in Munich, some of these "walks", as the participants call their protests themselves, escalated. Hundreds of people were on the streets, and the police were out in force. Munich has banned all Corona-related gatherings.* The number of people without masks is too large. The demonstration, which was announced for this Wednesday on the Königsplatz by the group "München steht auf" ("Munich stands up"), had been banned. Nevertheless, 3,000 people marched through the city center on Wednesday evening. However, the emergency forces managed to encircle most of them already at Marienplatz. ... The police counted more than 1,200 charges, including 1,130 violations of the general order and 35 criminal charges for insulting or attacking officials. Two police officers were injured in scuffles between demonstrators and police.

The forces used batons and pepper spray against the demonstrators, three people were injured. The "walkers" themselves seemed only moderately satisfied with the outcome of the evening. The action did not have the expected impact, it says afterwards in the Telegram channel - for others it did not go far enough. Moderate vaccination opponents and the radical core seem to split in Munich - with an uncertain outcome.

Theatinerstraße is lined with police cars. Crowds are on the move, many on their way home, others carrying signs. Some side streets are blocked off. ... An old man shouts "dictatorship", some shake their heads. Many people are on the street, families, couples, they are looking for a way to get home without the "lateral thinkers" or barriers blocking their way. People look around impatiently and uncertainly. The "walkers" have created unrest, leave behind hostility.

* It's not accurate to say "Munich has banned all Corona-related gatherings". A general order has been issued against the large unauthorized "walking" demonstrations, for which participants can be fined up to 3000 euros. Legal demonstrations for or against health measures are allowed if they register and follow the regulations. More: https://www.tz.de/muenchen/stadt/hallo-muenchen/corona-spaziergaenge-muenchen-polizei-einsatz-mittwoch-demonstration-protest-massnahmen-bussgeld-91218148.html

Even if one's self is not a filthy nazi pig, one should be well aware that these marches are deeply infiltrated and usually organised by the far right. If you still go ahead and join them, you can rightly be classified to rank among their numbers.

What is their goal exactly? What do they thingk being a public nuisance will achieve? Their very presence is hurting all of the businesses downtown as people avoid the area.

And does the employer of the guy who is running this know what he is doing? They have a contract with the German government.

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

What is their goal exactly? What do they thingk being a public nuisance will achieve? Their very presence is hurting all of the businesses downtown as people avoid the area.

Narcissism is extreme self-involvement to the degree that it makes a person ignore the needs of those around them. While everyone may show occasional narcissistic behavior, true narcissists frequently disregard others or their feelings. They also do not understand the effect that their behavior has on other people.

5 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Oh, so attention whores.

I think there is a difference between those who band together for the benefit/detriment of others and narcissists who band  together not for others, but for themselves.  It's difficult to come up with analogies because it is a mental disorder.  In the first group, it is common for people to find like minded individuals to rally for a cause.  That cause may be to fight cancer or overthrow a government, but there is agreement.  A group of narcissists is almost a contradiction: each participant thinking only of themselves standing next to someone who thinks only of him/herself.  

2 hours ago, jubinjohn said:

You are a liar, or a crook, or just an insensitive person who has no regard for other human lives. Or your wife s parents are just like you. You have no idea of who I am, or whom I lost due to covid. I am an Indian citizen and last year I spent 72 days in india taking care of my covid infected parents. I ran here and there  like a dog to secure an icu bed at times.

And now you talk to me that your wife's  parents toured around when local crematoriums flooded with bodies and morgue vehicles queue in front of them laughing . Well, i pity you and your family. You Moron.

Now that is a good post. Sorry for all the hardship Covid has caused you and your family. It's not even like we didn't get the news that India was a fucking shitshow for Covid with oxygen in terribly short supply. You would indeed need to be a complete fucking moron to even suggest that the Indians were laughing about Covid as it was killing their families en masse.

It's Wednesday night! And you know what that means!? Yes! The of city was taken over again! But this time by the police. 

Numbers of free thinkers were low due to  cancellations of the official demos and people dealing with fines for exercising their rights to be in the city center on a Wednesday evening.

The police made blockades every 50 meters in the Fußgängerzone to stop approx  200 people voicing their opinion.

All the while shops had to close early due to lack of footfall with the police creating a lockdown because some people are blowing whistles chanting Freiheit! Btw 1000 police controlling 200 seems excessive!

Anyway I know there are a few posters that are interested in what went down, and if not; no need to reply :)

Additionaly, the so called protests tonight were against Versammlungs verbot, it was canceled by the city but a demo at odeansplatz against so called queerdenkers was free to go ahead, even though it was a Versammlung! So it seems the state decides if you have a right to protest?

9 hours ago, paulyg said:

Anyway I know there are a few posters that are interested in what went down

Which ones?

On behalf of all the shop owners and workers, I'd like to say Fuck You.

I am so tempted to change the topic from:

"After work meet up for those who think for their selfs!"

To:

After work meet up for those who ONLY think for themselves and NOT others!!!

I'll get my blue passport shortly. That will certainly make up for the theft of my EU citizenship and all its benefits!

So much for sovereignty!

:wacko:

The ancient law 'defence' for covidiots isn't new. A tattooist in Bristol was shut down several times and fined ever increasing amounts in 2020.

His defence - Magna Carta! Even if it did still apply, it wouldn't have helped. He could have saved a lot of hassle and money had he actually read it!

https://www.cieh.org/ehn/health-and-safety/2021/august/bristol-eh-wins-case-against-magna-carta-tattooist/