After work meet up for those who only think of their selfs!

157 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, john g. said:

You were maybe the 7th Eric I was dealing with that day! :D Hence your not Chinese bot name!🤭😂

Eric7.jpg

3 minutes ago, john g. said:

Another throw of the dice!😂

Not arty farty? As in qualifying for the KSK?

The KSK... that was an option years ago (probably close to 20 years ago) but they wanted a % of my earnings, from previous years as well.
The sum was thousands!
There was some crazy system that if a company (ie my clients) employ an "artist" then they have to pay a cut of the contract cost to the KSK.
I decided to stick to the PKV :lol:

Time to reconstruct the whole German health insurance system, Eric! It is sheer madness. A bit like der, die, das!🤭

8 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

I'm the Geschäftsfüher in my own GmbH, (so I'm technically employed but am not Sozialversicherungspflichtig) so I don't think that will work.

It could still work.

Let SMartDe eG invoice your clients instead for a period, i.e. switch to being SMartDe eG's employee for a few months.

5 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

The KSK... that was an option years ago (probably close to 20 years ago) but they wanted a % of my earnings, from previous years as well.

The sum was thousands!

That's strange.

Membership in the KSK with its mandatory public health, nursing and pension contributions only starts from the date you apply for membership, that is laid down by law, §8 (1) KSVG: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ksvg/__8.html

8 minutes ago, Eric7 said:

There was some crazy system that if a company (ie my clients) employ an "artist" then they have to pay a cut of the contract cost to the KSK.

This is still the same, that's the Künstlersozialabgabe, which is charged by KSK if the work done is "artistic", even if it is done by a Gesellschafter-Geschäftsführer like you: https://www.kuenstlersozialabgabe-hilfe.de/kuenstlersozialabgabe-bei-gmbh/

The Künstlersozialabgabe is charged regardless of whether the artist who did the work is a KSK member or not.

In 2022, the Künstlersozialabgabe is 4.2%: https://www.kuenstlersozialkasse.de/unternehmen-und-verwerter/kuenstlersozialabgabe.html

The DRV (= German public pension insurance) auditors who audit all companies that have sozialversicherungspflichtige employees at least every 4 years looking for things like Scheinselbständigkeit, at the same time look for payments to artists and check whether the Künstlersozialabgabe was paid on it. So thry also do the KSK audits.

Panda- if someone is a high earner, the KSK cannot force them to have mandatory public health insurance- they can opt for private health insurance.

I have had such cases.

Oh, and payments for health insurance are not necessarily from the date of application. Is that not only if the applicant has no existing health insurance cover? We have had loads of people switch from eg international insurance and the start date for public insurance as an " employee " of the KSK was the acceptance date by the KSK.

Public pension - yep, backdated to the application date.

I know, that's only possible when first taking up artistic work in Germany, it's laid down in §6 (1) KSVG: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ksvg/__6.html

• (1) Wer erstmals eine Tätigkeit als selbständiger Künstler oder Publizist aufnimmt und nicht zu dem in § 5 Abs. 1 genannten Personenkreis gehört, wird auf Antrag von der Krankenversicherungspflicht nach diesem Gesetz befreit, wenn er der Künstlersozialkasse eine Versicherung für den Krankheitsfall bei einem privaten Krankenversicherungsunternehmen nachweist. Voraussetzung ist, daß er für sich und seine Familienangehörigen, die bei Versicherungspflicht des Künstlers oder Publizisten in der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung versichert wären, Vertragsleistungen beanspruchen kann, die der Art nach den Leistungen der gesetzlichen Krankenversicherung bei Krankheit entsprechen. Der Antrag ist spätestens drei Monate nach Feststellung der Versicherungspflicht bei der Künstlersozialkasse zu stellen.

And according to what he said, he wants to be in public health insurance.

Well, a particular case was of an American opera singer of some repute ( plus wife and kids ) and he was happy with private/ only going to hang around for three years or so. So we did private and it worked. I doubt if the employees knew the laws but anyway!

It was definitely NOT his first artistic work... though in Germany, yes.

We waited one evening  for his appearance on the telly in Germany... and waited... about an hour and a half later, THERE he was! ( Dressed as a clown!)

Memories!😂

Of course, Eric is a different case.

18 minutes ago, PandaMunich said:

It could still work.

Let SMartDe eG invoice your clients instead for a period, i.e. switch to being SMartDe eG's employee for a few months.

That's strange.

Membership in the KSK with its mandatory public health, nursing and pension contributions only starts from the date you apply for membership, that is laid down by law, §8 (1) KSVG: https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/ksvg/__8.html

This is still the same, that's the Künstlersozialabgabe, which is charged by KSK if the work done is "artistic", even if it is done by a Gesellschafter-Geschäftsführer like you: https://www.kuenstlersozialabgabe-hilfe.de/kuenstlersozialabgabe-bei-gmbh/

The Künstlersozialabgabe is charged regardless of whether the artist who did the work is a KSK member or not.

In 2022, the Künstlersozialabgabe is 4.2%: https://www.kuenstlersozialkasse.de/unternehmen-und-verwerter/kuenstlersozialabgabe.html

The DRV (= German public pension insurance) auditors who audit all companies that have sozialversicherungspflichtige employees at least every 4 years looking for things like Scheinselbständigkeit, at the same time look for payments to artists and check whether the Künstlersozialabgabe was paid on it. So thry also do the KSK audits.

Most of my clients are multinational corporations. Getting accepted as a supplier was usually a complex process so invoicing through a 3rd party would be tricky at best.

My work is now normally invoiced as Ingenieurdienstleistungen in Germany or Engineering Consulting elsewhere so wouldn't fall under the remit of the KSK anyway. Back in the day it was a bit different and I was a proper freelancer so didn't have the direct contacts with the bigger companies. Billing through a 3rd party would work (and I did it a few times).

Don't worry about it Panda... some things just don't have a solution!

I think we've sidetracked this thread for long enough anyway...!

Back to the actual topic:
Is there an acceptable way for people to protest against (for them) unwanted mandatory vaccination?

I am too old and tired and visually impaired and unsteady on my feet to go on demonstrations but I am definitely against Impfzwang. Maybe online petitions.

This is NOT a Right v Left issue, as simplistically suggested by some posters.

21 hours ago, fraufruit said:

There was no triaging in hospitals before corona as far as I know. Maybe in the UK.

Oh yes there is.  In both hospitals local to where I live when you are sat in the waiting room of the Notaufnahme there is a BIG

colourful notice headed "Manchester Triage" explaining how they prioritise patients who come in.

For example:  https://notfallmedizin-nord.charite.de/notfallversorgung/manchester_triage_system/

By triage, I meant sending people home with life threatening conditions. Canceling cancer treatments. Choosing who gets the ventilator or not. Playing God.

Not a lot of that going on before covid. Now it is daily in many hospitals in the U.S. anyway.

13 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

By triage, I meant sending people home with life threatening conditions. Canceling cancer treatments. Choosing who gets the ventilator or not. Playing God.

Not a lot of that going on before covid. Now it is daily in many hospitals in the U.S. anyway.

What did you think of last years hospital report?
Interesting numbers, no?

It's Wednesday night and you know what that means...?

Yes! Marienplatz, Odeonsplatz and Stachus being taken over by the filthy unvaxed! - unless you actually #engage with people! As said before there are many vaccinated  attending the protests. People fed up with needing a booster, people fed up of needing to test although vaccinated, people not wanting their 2 year old child to be tested to go to Krippe, people who have had the virus but are poorly for only 3 days.

When the splinter groups made their walks it was amazing how much support was there from people waving from their balconies and cars on the street letting us pass by with a big thumbs up when we did not have right of way.

Less people than in recent weeks but I believe that is due to protests being canceled and if one does not live in the centre it can be a ball ache knowing where one should go.

It was all very friendly and we even sang Happy birtday to zu for Markus!

2 minutes ago, paulyg said:

people fed up of needing to test although vaccinated

That is stupidy stupid.

What is this group of people who think-for-their-selfs aiming for?

Do they want no Corona measures at all? What would be acceptable?

Me, I would like life to go back to normal, so that small businesses which can't operate get a chance again, so that my oldies can come and learn English again etc. In order for this normal to come into our lives, people need to follow some basic rules, and testing before taking part in communal activities seems pretty fair, as does mask wearing.

It turns out, disappointingly, that vaccinated people can carry Corona around although to a lesser degree, so yes, testing is still important. German tests are not very invasive (LF) and free again. Honestly, it isn't much to ask.

Not really stupid when vaccination was supposed to be the way out of this situation.

Everyone who likes it or not has followed the basic rules for two years now and where are we?

'supposed to be' - it is absolutely amazing how fast this vaccination programme has been developed, it is indeed not the solution most of us were hoping for, but it has certainly slashed the chances of suffering long term effects from Covid. Real germ warfare. How many of these complainers is a scientist working their butt off trying to improve the situation? If you can't help solve the problem, you can at least choose not to make it worse. Rude, really.

You can only deal with current reality, not with what you hoped for and didn't get. 

5 minutes ago, paulyg said:

Everyone who likes it or not has followed the basic rules for two years now

Sadly this is patently not true. I still think if people had done so absolutely from the start, it wouldn't have gained the traction it did. A casual glance around Lidl usually shows at least one person with their mask under their nose, as time goes on people are absolutely losing the 1.5m distancing instinct, on and on it goes.

I couldn't quite believe that kid#3 was not required to turn up for her basic training on Monday with a negative test, and guess what - two days in, everyone gets tested and 2 are positive. By Friday who knows how many will have already been infected? And so it goes on. They are all geimpft, and they should have sodding well been getested. It really is stupidy stupid. In contrast, the only event I went to before Christmas required all attendees to be not only geimpft but also getested and had no covid positive outcomes at all, over more than 100 people. 

Anyway, what are this group aiming for? I am interested. Currently they sound like people who didn't get what they wanted in their stocking from Santa and are therefore chucking all their toys out, but surely there's more to it?

The group is aiming for people to make dedesicions for them SELFS 😁

Is there a scientific reason why someone can only meet a certain amount of people according to vaccination status?

What is with the differing quarantine times depending on which varient you have? 

FFP2 masks, 3g if you need to  work or use the tram, face masks all day for children at school, including sport, testing children under two multiple times a week, actually making it illegal to protest...

Knowbody has to agree with me but as you asked; that is why people are on the streets.

As a side note there is a family\kinder demo on Sunday and of course it is really the parents view on parade but it would be nice if some of the police do not act as disrespectfully as some have in the passed weeks.