Warenpost International - how to send international parcels up to 2kg cheaply

7 posts in this topic

@Orla_inka here you go, as promised :)

Problem: 

Deutsche Post no longer allows you to send anything but documents as a "Brief" (letter, i.e. cheaply) internationally.

Solution: 

"Warenpost International" is a way of sending parcels up to 2kg cheaply internationally, to both EU and non-EU countries.

It is only available to people who registered with "business account" on the Deutsche Post website.

However, anybody can register a "business account", there are no checks whether you really are a business.

Register a business account here: https://shop.deutschepost.de/shop/registration/registrationCollectData.jsp

Click on the tab "Geschäftskunde":

61b640cbb0c2a_2021-12-1219_34_41-Registr

Fill in your details.

It is important that you choose the entry "Einzelunternehmung" in "Rechtsform".

If you choose "natürliche Person" it will throw up an error and will not let you proceed.

If you like, you can also choose instead of "Einzelunternehmung" the entry "Freiberufler" which covers artists, writers and journalists. I am sure you have created a work of art at some point or other in your life, everybody has ;)

61b646870927a_2021-12-1219_54_47-Registr

--> click in the yellow button "Jetzt registrieren":

61b6420a821fd_2021-12-1219_39_49-Registr

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Now on the Deutsche Post website, click on "Warenversand" and then on "Warenpost International":

61b646d477fff_2021-12-1219_55_31-Shopder

61b64b84883b2_2021-12-1220_19_57-.png.ae

Now you have the choice to send the parcel (up to 2kg):

• untracked, or
  • tracked, or
  • with the recipient having to sign for the parcel

You will need only the left-hand column, ignore the others:

61b649d6cca6b_2021-12-1220_12_24-Interne

Example 1: to the UK

If you want to send a parcel of between 0.501 kg and 1 kg to the UK, you would click on the left, on "M bis 1.000g".

Choose "Großbritannien" from the drop-down menu:

61b648f29c4bc_UK12021-12-1220_07_15-Shop

Here are the prices for the 3 options (untracked / tracked / recipient has to sign):

61b64ab0a5222_2021-12-1220_14_20-Shopder

You are sending a parcel to the UK, a non-EU country, so you will also have to fill in a customs declaration that you print out and stick on the outside of the parcel, so that the UK customs officer can read it.

I have assumed that you are sending a gift of 4 bars à 200g of chocolate (each of which cost 2€).
For gifts, you do not have to enter that article's customs tariff number (Zolltarifnummer), so leave that empty.

61b64b9b956ed_2021-12-1220_16_18-Shopder

At the bottom, click on "In den Warenkorb":

61b6553f94ac1_2021-12-1221_01_18-Shopder

--> now you will have to pay for the parcel postage, they accept Paypal, credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), Google Pay, Giropay (you can ignore PortoKasse, that would entail you previously having uploaded credit to Deutsche Post, e.g. via Paypal - so who bothers, if you can pay directly via Paypal):

61b657735ae6f_2021-12-1221_08_05-Adress-

After you have paid, they will offer you the postage label and the customs declaration for download.

Print both, stick them on your parcel, and bring it to the post office.

That was it :)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Example 2: to Ireland

61b64cae6b48b_2021-12-1220_24_38-.png.ac

"Warenpost International" prices to Ireland:

61b64cb4c00bf_2021-12-1220_25_11-Shopder

Is it just me or has this loophole since been closed? I keep getting redirected to the DHL business account website.

On 12.12.2021, 20:40:01, PandaMunich said:

"Warenpost International" is a way of sending parcels up to 2kg cheaply internationally, to both EU and non-EU countries.

It is only available to people who registered with "business account" on the Deutsche Post website.

However, anybody can register a "business account", there are no checks whether you really are a business

Do you already have the reqd. business account ?

1 hour ago, murphaph said:

Is it just me or has this loophole since been closed? I keep getting redirected to the DHL business account website.

Yes, it has been moved to DHL, and there you have to declare that you will send in total at least 200 packages per year via DHL (of whatever kind of DHL package, not only international Warenpost):

"Die bisherige Warenpost International im Shop der Deutschen Post wurde zum 30.06.2022 eingestellt.

Bitte nutzen Sie die neue Warenpost für den günstigen und bequemen Versand leichter Waren unter dhl.de/warenpostinternational

Which in turn leads to this:

Jetzt einfach hier die Warenpost International buchen!

Sie verschicken mindestens 200 Sendungen (Warenpost und Pakete) pro Jahr? 

Article about this change, starting with 1. July 2022: https://www-logistik--watchblog-de.translate.goog/neuheiten/3447-massive-haendlerkritik-deutsche-post-warenpost-international.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

You could also try UPS small business; the prices there are significantly lower than standard UPS for private customers.

One question about sending gifts to the US: What paperwork/waybill should I include to mark that the package is a gift? Is this provided by the shipping company? I want to make sure the recipient doesn't have to pay any customs fees. The value is below the $100 threshold.