Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to use MS Teams with IPad

8 posts in this topic

I’d very much appreciate a bit of advice as I’m pretty clueless with techie stuff! I’ve been sent an MS Teams invite yet, despite googling, I’m not sure if it’ll work on my iPad. Our iMac is out of action temporarily as we’re had to clear out our office room to accommodate our cat that had emergency surgery!

I’ve downloaded the MS Teams app from the Apple Store. If I click on the emailed invitation link, will it just work via the Teams app? Is there any app set-up required?

Many thanks in advance.

23 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Sorry, I can't help you but I can wish your cat a speedy recovery.

Thank you @fraufruit

I'm almost positive you'll need to log in / create an MS account to use Teams, what happened after you installed it and clicked on the link?

In my experience with emailed Teams invites you don't need an account. It offers to open the Teams app for more functionality, and worst case scenario is that it can't and you are stuck with using the web interface. Which is fine. Go early to the meeting, if you get in early (10 mins, say, not 2 hrs) you get put into the "Waiting room" until the host is there.

If they sent you an invite as a member of the team, you wont be able to enter without their password. Ask the inviter to create a regular meeting in Outlook and send you an invite that way. 

You won't need to set up an account, but if you don't you will have a limited version of Teams only (off the top of my head, that means no in call group messaging, and only being able to see one person speaking at a time).

Thank you all for your advice.  I’ll just have to see if it works.  The lady I’m meeting says that if all else fails, we’ll talk on the phone!